Some minor issues and wishes

dudeman17

To start this off I am very happy with the f-15 however lately there have been a couple things bothering me.

The first thing is once you rearm your stuck with those annoying wing pylons and there is no way to make them go away. In my opinion they should only be there if you actually put something on them.

The next thing is that when landing and trying to stop the nose wheel steering is really hard to work with. Is that how f-15's are or should I be able to disable the NWS like in the a-10.

If those couple things could be looked at or fixed it would make me very happy. What are your thoughts or ideas. Or do you have any other little wants for the f-15.

Pssssst, make it clickie cockpit.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

You can enable/disable steering range' date=' it should be "S" by default.[/quote']

Yes I am aware of this but even with it off the f-15 still has pretty good steering which for taxing is great but when landing it makes it really difficult to keep straight.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

As the good Cap'n implies, it's all about rudder control on roll out. I've been flying and landing the F15 daily for a few months and I've found that smooth roll outs require very subtle rudder adjustments until getting below 50 knots. If your first correction is overdone it them becomes very difficult to keep the jet near the middle of the runway, and can quickly devolve into a "swerve fest". You need to adjust the curve of your rudder control or practice more by doing repeated touch and go landings and concentrating on a smoother roll out until you get under 50 knots or so. In short, keep it subtle.

• Like 1

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

If you brake hard on landing a slight ruder input will get you off track. What i do lately to keep tht under control is do a aerodynamic breaking till 120/100 and roll out till 70/60 and then start to beak. But this means every landing you do should be really almost perfect.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

The f15's has a Weight on Wheel "W.O.W" engagement switch for the steering. If you keep the nose up and Aerodynamicly slow the plane down to 100-110 kts before setting the nose down you will not be as squirmy. This is how it is in real life. Now according to my cousin. In the real bird it's not as sensitive as the game depicts. I.E. it takes more rudder movement for it's R-O-M.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

The f15's has a Weight on Wheel "W.O.W" engagement switch for the steering. If you keep the nose up and Aerodynamicly slow the plane down to 100-110 kts before setting the nose down you will not be as squirmy. This is how it is in real life. Now according to my cousin. In the real bird it's not as sensitive as the game depicts. I.E. it takes more rudder movement for it's R-O-M.

IRL you probably have to use a lot more force to move the pedals just like you have to use more force to pull G's and that is probably why the input seems over sensitive for us armchair pilots. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.