Markpoint creation feedback

escaner

This bothered me, too, when I started,,, ended up lots of times with a bunch of Markpoints at the same location. After a while you won't think about it. I did map the Flight, Mark and Mission selector to my KB's X, S & D keys, and the Steerpoint Up and Down to A & Z.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

And you see the markpoint in the HUD (lower right section where the waypoints are, you will see "Z" as waypoint)

How do you get it to show up in the HUD when you make the mark point? I can get my current steer point to flash when making an overhead mark point but other than that I cannot get any indication. Maybe I am not setting the A/C correctly.

'Z' is last weapons release.

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo
Spelling

How do you get it to show up in the HUD when you make the mark point? I can get my current steer point to flash when making an overhead mark point but other than that I cannot get any indication. Maybe I am not setting the A/C correctly.

'Z' is last weapons release.

Cheers

Hans

Correct; Z is last weapons release. If you create a manual markpoint, it shows up as A, B, etc. in the HUD. I assume you put the dial on the AAP on MARK...

Yes if you cycle through them but OP was asking if there was a feed back from the aircraft that the mark point had succesfully been created. If you have your current steer point at e.g. A then IIRCC the HUD doesn't change when you make a new mark point.

Cheers

Hans

Slightly drifting from the original topic but how do you erase mark points if you have made so many that you're getting close to the end of the alphabet?

If you want confirmation that you've set a markpoint, keep your TAD page up, the mark point you just made will instantly appear on the screen. You can also create mark points using the cursor on the TAD screen.

Probably a really good idea to map those mfcd buttons to a key or button.

If I remember right, it will not show up on the hud until you change the knob to Mark or Mission (depending on how you created the mark point) and the right CDU knob is set to "STEER".

If I am given a target while airborne but don't have exact coordinates, I usually make a general quick markpoint with the TAD and slew the TGP to it until I find the targets. One thing to be careful of - don't change steerpoint/markpoints if your TGP is slewed to the markpoint or the TGP will immediately jump to the new markpoint location. Very bad news if you're tracking a moving target. (Any way for markpoints to automatically follow moving targets the TGP is tracking?)

You can't delete mark point in moddeled suite of the A-10C. I think it is introduced in the real aircraft but in a later suite. Can't remember which suite.

If you use up the alphabet the the CDU will just write data into your first made one i.e Mark A and so on.

And if you have slaved TGP to STPT and go from MARK to FLT PLAN on STEER PT knob on your Aux. Avionics Panel your TGP will go into TGP XR ERROR (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2825383#post2825383)

Cheers

Hans