F15 TWS Performance Drop Bug

Flame

Hi All

Not sure if someone reported this before or not

There is a bug in the F15 TWS mod, when flying in multiplayer after a while (approximately 30 minutes, sometimes less and times more) whenever you lock any bandit on TWS your FPS drops dramatically.

Whenever you unlock the bandits your FPS comes back to normal.

If you switched to RWS it works fine with no problems.

This problem has been going in different servers with several players.

So appreciate your support.

When you say Mod, do you mean an unofficial MOD?, or did you mean Mode?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi All

Not sure if someone reported this before or not

There is a bug in the F15 TWS mod, when flying in multiplayer after a while (approximately 30 minutes, sometimes less and times more) whenever you lock any bandit on TWS your FPS drops dramatically.

Whenever you unlock the bandits your FPS comes back to normal.

If you switched to RWS it works fine with no problems.

This problem has been going in different servers with several players.

So appreciate your support.

I can confirm. It also occure to me in MP.

Gam Zeh Ya'avor - King Salomon

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I think there is no big correlation between it and the rams, as I have 16GB and having this problem also some other friends having the same problem with 16GB rams.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If you have 16gb RAM and you're seeing this problem then i suggest you check how much memory is being taken up by background processes along with the resources DCS uses, over time DCS can rise to 14-15gb memory usage and anything eating up RAM in the background can cause this stutter problem with TWS (it just happens alot sooner for users with 8gb RAM)

mustang i have not had this issue in a while but i have seen/had it before it's not in the background it's a memory issue in the game in TWS, kinda acts like a slow memory leak that finaly builds up and causes lag after about an HR. but STT it goes away.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

I had this issue for the first time today. Was quite surprising to see.

If i was sitting without any tws locks it was all fine, but as soon as I locked something tws - it started stuttering - Badly. Then, again, as soon as I unlocked the target it was silky smooth again.

There was really no denying it - The game starts stuttering wildly when you lock something in tws. I have no clue why :P.

16 GB ram, i7, gtx980. Medium graphic settings. No AA

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

If you have 16gb RAM and you're seeing this problem then i suggest you check how much memory is being taken up by background processes along with the resources DCS uses, over time DCS can rise to 14-15gb memory usage and anything eating up RAM in the background can cause this stutter problem with TWS (it just happens alot sooner for users with 8gb RAM)

Hi Mustang

Actually this issue happens only whenever i am on TWS, i monitored the ram's usage on my PC (without having anything unusual in the background) and the issue happens only when i lock someone on TWS, as soon as i unlock, the game turns back fine and didn't see any extra ram's usage during that.

I have the same issue approximately after one hour every time im online on DCS . the same thing described above and its been going on for more than 3 weeks now . i Have 16 GB of ram with 2 GTX 980 . when ever it happens i check the usage of the RAM and its always at 10 gb usage so there still some RAM left, Also if its RAM issue why when unlocking the target the stutters disappear.

This has been a well-known issue within the MP community for a while now. It is definitely related to the TWS mode.

At approximately same times appeared another FPS drop issue which I can describe:

It appears with the F-15C exclusively (not Su-27 for example) and is best seen during close combat air start multiplayer scenarios where players spawn several times and crash nearby. After one or a few flights and crashes the frame rates go to the bottom, but only when looking at the previous crash site/battle area! However, the problem seems to occur even if players despawn before crashing into ground.. maybe just a piece fallen off an aircraft triggers it? This has also been confirmed with several players so I am not hallucinating it :)

@Stuge: sounds like your issue might be related to smoke effects?

I have definitely noticed a hit to frame rate when there are 50 or 60 things burning at once (not that this is entirely unexpected :lol: )

It's related to TWS. This is not the first thread about this issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Didn't you guys hear? "TWS" actually means Track While Stutter.

I've only had this issue once after flying A/A on 104th for ~4 hours...If I see it again, I'll definitely grab a track/log file/whatever, if that'd be helpful to anyone.

Lord of Salt