Another Typhoon scramble

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36188979

We heard it - but I don't know how people in Yorkshire would have done!

Coningsby is less than 20 miles away - but North Yorkshire (where the unresponsive aircraft was flying) is considerably further. Why would they wait that long before speeding up to intercept? Seems a bit strange to me.

I suppose they could have been already under way when the alert started, and once the lack of reponse was confirmed, after a set procedure, increased speed to intercept. I can imagine they get scrambled even more than we hear about, for false alarms, and they won't be wanting to upset civvies too much!

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Undoubtedly - I'm just surprised that they didn't go supersonic straight away, like they normally do.

Maybe they though it was time to upset a different bunch, rather than the local lot, who normally do all the complaining! :lol:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Undoubtedly - I'm just surprised that they didn't go supersonic straight away, like they normally do.

Maybe they though it was time to upset a different bunch, rather than the local lot, who normally do all the complaining! :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36188979

We heard it - but I don't know how people in Yorkshire would have done!

Coningsby is less than 20 miles away - but North Yorkshire (where the unresponsive aircraft was flying) is considerably further. Why would they wait that long before speeding up to intercept? Seems a bit strange to me.

There isn't one sonic boom. You would technically hear it everywhere along the journey.

I suspect they probably had the hammer down pretty early on which means they wouldn't have been supersonic all that long.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]