The praise topic

BaD CrC

Dear PolyChop,

I love your Gazelle. Really. Everything I can see and play with oozes the love you put into this aircraft module. And no matter what some says about the flight model, or the difficulty to fly her (same remarks appeared for the Ka50 in 2008, then for the Huey and the Mi-8 until they finally understood that it just takes practice), she is a work of art, a real french woman that you have to treat with the lightest touches. Once you find the right amount of pressure, she is doing pretty much anything you want. But it takes some time and she's not easy.

Talking about woman, when comes the night, she really becomes even more fascinating. The light effects on the panels, the UV light and the beam of the microphone light following your trackIR movement is mind blowing (love the sunglass effect too during the day, but not as much as the mic light :) ) and the JVN are excellent to fly her. Fully immersive.

There is nothing in this module that would make me think it is a beta version. Actually, I don't remember something with so little number of issues at first release.

I have still to go through the use of Nadir, but I just wanted to praise your hard work. I hope this module will be a best seller as you really deserve it.

Ah, thank you for this thread.

In my opinion its really sad, everyone who can't fly the Gazelle is crying "the fm isn't realistic" and no-one just sais THANK YOU to Polychop.

So, Polychop, thank you for this great work, I really enjoy this little beast. Keep on this good work.

Definitely agree with your comments BaD CrC. I was half expecting Polychop to take note of all the frustrations associated with incomplete module releases, but they exceeded all expectations.

She looks stunning, flies beautifully, and I really can't find anything bad to say.

Thank you Polychop, and very very well done indeed! Now, where is the BO-105? I have a feeling that will make the perfect stable mate for the gazelle.

Congratulations on your first module guys, you've put a lot of hard work into it, and it shows. :thumbup:

I'm sure you'll be able to sort out the remaining issues with FM given some time.

Now, where is the BO-105? I have a feeling that will make the perfect stable mate for the gazelle.

How about finishing one module before putting the next one on sale, eh? Bored with the new toy already?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hi Guys,

Thanks A lot for the kind words :thumbup:

• Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Congratulations to Polychop for a great first module. A realy solid release with no missing major features and no major bugs. And I think you made a great airframe choice, the Gazelle is truly a stick-and-rudder aircraft and lots of fun to fly and fight.

After all my critique on the Flightmodel I also wanna send some praise as well! It looks fricken beautifull and I'm really looking forward to the Beta Process, you guys have all my trust that this is going to be an exceptional Module! :joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

Thanks PolyChop, Great job guy's:thumbup:

Really enjoying the module...

DCS_SA342_Gazelle_001.thumb.jpg.d4a5f8640848eaece0bf44d442eb89c8.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Definitely my favourite module. I love it so much I built a collective to add to the realism winch this aircraft oozes.

Well done polychop.

I am looking forward to the BO-105 even more now that I understand the quality that you guys are capable of producing.

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

In my opinion its really sad, everyone who can't fly the Gazelle is crying "the fm isn't realistic" and no-one just sais THANK YOU to Polychop.

I've not seen anyone claim the FM is unrealistic because they can't fly it. I have seen several comments about the flight model coming from the most competant (real world) pilots, because they know what to look for. It might turn out that the Gazelle flies that way, but it doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Blind fanboyism is just as unproductive as uneducated, unfounded criticism as it shuts down debate and prevents improvement

I think the FM might well need tweaking but I still think Polychop have done a good job; I never expected it to be 100% correct on day one.

• Like 1

Yep, fantastic module! Love racing that little helo across NTTR. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've not seen anyone claim the FM is unrealistic because they can't fly it. I have seen several comments about the flight model coming from the most competant (real world) pilots, because they know what to look for. It might turn out that the Gazelle flies that way, but it doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Blind fanboyism is just as unproductive as uneducated, unfounded criticism as it shuts down debate and prevents improvement

I think the FM might well need tweaking but I still think Polychop have done a good job; I never expected it to be 100% correct on day one.

You can already do that, there is an option for "easier controls", which does the " tweaking" for you, if you don't want to train your muscle memory and get used to the realistic flight model.

One thing that improves flying a lot is to carefully reproduce the start up procedure and not miss things like autopilot switches (all four), gyroscope alignment etc.

Then if you have issues with short stick and twitchy control inputs, reduce Y-saturation on the cyclic a bit and may be the rudder, though not to much, as you need a lot of rudder to keep her strait in hover.

I won't recommend curves, as they tend to give you a spot of exponential movement while moving the stick gentle and steady when you move it over the "fine-tuned area"...

Just my 2 cent. :)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It mostly comes down to the controls we have for the pc I believe? I'm not saying the FM is perfect or anything. But unless you have the top range hardware you will never get close to the real thing on the pc. We make do with what we can afford. Maybe one day... I wish!..the misses would..:huh:

[ame]

[/ame]

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Please, do not get me wrong. This is not blind "fanboyism". I just said that it is sad that there was much more criticism about the FM BEFORE anyone said something nice about the much good work.

Yes, mostly it came from RL pilots, but if I remember right, they all said they never flew a Gazelle. But polychop had actually Gazelle-Pilots, and they said its as real as it gets, so what...