MiG-29

cro_mig_21

You are right so I will disengage. Sorry for offtopic once again. I will just say that when the Mig29 PFM is released and people realize that their favorite bird isn't behaving like they are used to, they will cry and scream and pull out their hair for the very same reasons as they are doing now with the Su27 AFM and those reasons will be that they have very little or no knowledge of the aerodynamics involved, & NOT because the PFM is broken....

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will bitch and moan about everything. You can´t please all.

While I have a couple people complaining about the SU-27s constant need for trim, the F-15 is also in for a FM update, lets see reactions to that XD

On the other hand, FBW systems should allow for hands off flying, as it counteracts the aerodynamic instability. That´s how they advertise it anyway...but comparing the flight behavior between FBW on and FBW off, I think it helps plenty XD

The MiG-29 has no such FBW systems because it is aerodynamically stable. It will fly differently and more fluently then the unstable SU-27 while still retaining remarkable turntimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Don't worry, I've seen enough apologists to know it's useless trying to convince you even when you can see yourself that that plane has issues and not just in LEVEL flight at any alt, but also in dives, pulling out of dives, etc. It's lauded as one of the best fighters in the world, so why are people stopping flying it in DCS? As that old saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

So, I'm done.

Don't worry, I've seen enough apologists to know it's useless trying to convince you even when you can see yourself that that plane has issues and not just in LEVEL flight at any alt, but also in dives, pulling out of dives, etc. It's lauded as one of the best fighters in the world, so why are people stopping flying it in DCS? As that old saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

So, I'm done.

They don´t fly it because it doesn´t have stealth spamraams.

If you´ve ever seen cockpit footage of a SU-27 in flight, the amount of waggeling the pilot does with the stick is hillarious to watch.

It´s the best fighter in the world, doesn´t mean it´s easy to fly...

Mig-29 will not have this problem, since it´s designed differently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

The new cockpit we are seeing in the new pics is from a Mig-29S (9-13S) so i assume the new exterior 3D model is for the same 9-13 version.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

is this the new 3d Model ? pls help... at 0:28 the vid switches briefly to external view ..

I still getthe old 3d model with ugly cockpit non shiny cockpit glass in DCS 1.5.0 , but this looks like a new model , no ??

pls gimme some info...

thx

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Yes I would say that's more important to me than external model as I don't do air combat fighting or anything but love the flight modelling and military aspect.

Mizzy

You got it buddy. :smilewink:

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
who needs wings when you can fly straight up with that kind of thrust!

The wings are needed to bring it back down :)

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!