Windows 10 Start button and search function inop

Anyone else have this problem on their pc? It works on my laptop just fine. I can right click and get a basic function but I can't open software or anything else with it. And the search function is completely inop. Anyone have the same problems with it?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi,

Yes, I had the same problem shortly after installing win 10. Apparently something locked the search engine app (SearchUI.exe) and it could not start on Windows boot. Some people are able to solve this by restarting this process manually in the Task Manager. That didn't work for me, so I did a clean OS re-install, and so far it hasn't happened again.

Do you mean you had to reinstall your windows 7 or 8 then upgrade again? How do you do a clean reinstall 10 otherwise ? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Do you mean you had to reinstall your windows 7 or 8 then upgrade again? How do you do a clean reinstall 10 otherwise ? Thanks

I have not tried this with Win 10 but look in Settings - Update and Security and you'll see Recovery on the left hand side. Click that and you'll see two options. The first reinstalls Win 10 giving you the option to keep your files or start fresh. I imagine you'll want to keep you files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

It is not necessary to reinstall the old Windows version again. This is one of the good changes MS made regarding licensing OS.

Once Win10 have been installed and activated on a machine, you can make so many bare metal reinstalls as you want without reactivation been required on the very same machine (unless you change some specific hardware inside, but this is another topic).

So, you can safely make a clean Win10 reinstall on your machine in this moment.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Thanks, but is there a way of reinstalling or resetting Windows 10 without having to resinstall all my apps and programs?