What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimebag may I just say that that is a refreshingly frank way of expressing how you feel.

There has been so much Wailing and gnashing about the Mustang, that I find your views very welcome, in that way you have expressed them.

Just one thing to point out, the focus hasn't left DCS:- Next, that is being developed in parallel with the Mustang.

Nate

Thanks Nate, I do try to think before I post, mostly...:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

I will inevitably get this, but I think I'll wait till after the new jet comes out and the community has had a chance to explore this a little and maybe create a few add-ons for it to interact with.

Free-for-all deathmatches where everyone's flying a P-51 would be pretty interesting, though.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

"It's not the machine, It's the man"

A statement usually made by the man in the better aircraft!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Could we just stick to this simple formula:

1) WWI ---> Rise of Flight

2) WWII ---> IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

3) WWIII ---> Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

So, DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet with carrier ops would be the best choice rather than DCS: P-51D Mustang!

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

Be careful what you say or the next one might be DCS: SPAD XIII. It reminds me of how MS Combat Flight Simulator 1 had a Sopwith Camel in it. I was quite disappointed when the second one didn't!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be careful what you say or the next one might be DCS: SPAD XIII. It reminds me of how MS Combat Flight Simulator 1 had a Sopwith Camel in it. I was quite disappointed when the second one didn't!

Either from ED would make me very happy.:pilotfly:

Unless I am mistaken, TFC has (or had) a replica Sopwith Tripe.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

the 1st ms flight sim had the Hump...:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

So, DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet with carrier ops would be the best choice rather than DCS: P-51D Mustang!

So why cant ED try and convince a WWII community with their (hopefully) better aircraft? i tried Il-2 and no manual, no nice tutorials and the menu was dreadful to look at. Landscape was better i give you that too the EDś one was better for the computer.

besides this all ....I think ED needs to change something in their publishing aircraft. Why ?

Simple they are making one world which you fly the aircraft so one set of rules about aerodynamica.

Why not make every aircraft an add-on onto the main product which is call digital combat sim. That way you can keep cost at a low point and the users dont need to download everything every time they buy a aircraft. See it as FSX but then better . Maybe that way other companies like Aeorsoft can create their airplanes (which ED doenst want to make) and the community will be happier (or not)

But in short ED cant please everybody and they dont force you to buy it.

I hope this is a "mid-term" DCS release

I voted for the option that ED sticks with modern aircraft. I'm sure it's been said in this thread already, but I feel like ED would have to put too much effort into this module to make it work effectively as far as balancing gameplay with a variety of and comparable aged war machines in support or enemy roles, and even if the region was accurate/realistic, what about the buildings, roads and cars? At the end of the day, fanatics will see past all that and I'm sure there would still be fun to be had. But a Ka-50 and A-10C in the same airspace as a P51 seems like it should only happen in an air show...JOINT US/RU airshow at that.

I really hope this is an intermediate aircraft that ED does not put too much effort into as far as environment, and other units. I would prefer they spend a considerably chunk of their time to redesign some aspects of their engine to take advantage of multiple cores and run better on current generation hardware. And with any software project, I'm sure there are other chunks of code that could be refactored to eliminate bugs, and enable implementation of new features faster. That way, the fixed-wing DCS release should end up as a very high quality product on top of a significantly better engine.

CPU: 5950x || Memory: 64GB || GPU: RTX 4090

Input: Virpil CM3, TM F/A-18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, WW F-16EX grip on TM Warthog base, Virpil CP1 and CP2, Cougar MFD x2 / w CubeSim screens, StreamDeck XL x2, StreamDeck 15-key, TrackIR5

balancing gameplay with a variety of and comparable aged war machines in support or enemy roles

You should kiss this idea goodbye. ED works hard to put the polars of the planes as close as possible to real life performance. If it sucked IRL, well you better learn how to work your oponents weaknesses. There is no artificial balancing going on in the DCS series.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Dimebag may I just say that that is a refreshingly frank way of expressing how you feel.

There has been so much Wailing and gnashing about the Mustang, that I find your views very welcome, in that way you have expressed them.

Just one thing to point out, the focus hasn't left DCS:- Next, that is being developed in parallel with the Mustang.

Nate

Actually, no. The wailing and gnashing drowned out those of us in that beast of a topic that were saying the exact same thing.

It's unfortunate, but really no surprise that they were overlooked when every new day generates 10 pages of responses from folks who don't bother reading the very first post.

Actually, no. The wailing and gnashing drowned out those of us in that beast of a topic that were saying the exact same thing.

It's unfortunate, but really no surprise that they were overlooked when every new day generates 10 pages of responses from folks who don't bother reading the very first post.

Every arguement reverts to the beginning...of understanding the concept of it all:music_whistling:

I actually live in Nevada (Las Vegas) so I'm excited to see how it is rendered by ED.

However, I am not into older aircraft at all, and neither are most of the people I know flying on FC2. I believe Eagle Dynamics created a niche, for people who enjoy modern aircraft and modern combat. Most people here are dependent on their HUD and electronic instruments. People will not buy this P-51d game in droves, I think it will be a huge flop. I love ED, but I kinda hope it flops, I don't want ED to get the idea that they should develop more WWII simulators.

There are tons of WWII flight simulators out there. Tons. ED Really only distinguishes itself in the modern combat arena.

Eagle dynamics has cut off many of it's traditional fans. A lot of DCS guys like fighting ground targets, which is very ineffective and inaccurate in the P-51D. Most people like electronic systems support, so they don't have to navigate the traditional way. Most ED fans also like air to air combat, which is a lot more challenging in the P-51D.

I think Eagle Dynamics shot itself in the foot with this one, I hope they don't pour too many resources down the drain developing it. I wish they'd focus on an Su-30 and F-15E simulator. That will attract the two main types of players, people who like to bomb ground targets, and people who like air fights. The F-15e or Su-30 would have been absolutely PERFECT aircraft for the DCS series...not the 'stang.

Edited by Night
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

I was never a fan of the P51, with Spitfires and Zero's being my planes of choice... but regardless of personal preference, I would be keenly interested to discover the treatment DCS would treat a WWII prop plane to.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"