Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cobra, appreciate it.

And yes there is a Buchon at Duxford.

Please remember guys it's all about getting data if you want a DCS fidelity aircraft.

There are many aircraft out there to chose from but not all are accessible and/or have data to go with them.

I am not really a big fan of WWII era aircrafts (or anything seriously older than, hrm, me :o)

But I am excited as well. Excited about how you VEAO guys approach the whole DCS development. You are professionals that are confident in what you are doing. After the "initial fuzing" you now go all-in. Alone the team size impresses me and how you do the public relations is also outstanding.

Fanboi much, eh? Lol, maybe a bit, but seriously: THUMBS UP! :o)

That good news but

a

HA-112 Hispano Buchon :puke:

:crazy:WARBIRD:dontgetit:

First flight 1954

couldnt there be a Emil or a Lagg or Mig-3 or something like that

Buchon:doh: I personally hate this stupid replica:mad:

Great news about those forthcoming releases. Nonetheless, could you explain how you came up with the Buchon, as that one leaves me rather perplexed. So many other great planes out there , why did you pick one which mostly served as a shoe-in for dodgy battle of britain films...

I'm with Isegrim on that one.

Just an assumption, but maybe they have one well preserved (maybe even flyable) on hand to study at will, and also decent manuals and schematics to go with it?

Theres a flying Buchon at Duxford IIRC.

To answer a few things about the Buchon

There are a few reasons why we decided about the Buchon rather then the Bf109, one of the main reasons as has been pointed out is that there are a couple of them which frequent duxford regularly. It is our intention to use these and other aircraft we have access to for the base for our flight models and mesh's

Please bear in mind that the Ha-1112 Buchon was essentially a Bf109G with a merlin engine. There is no Buchon released in a simulator anywhere either (not that I can find anyway), We have detailed access to the engine designs and live engines, we do not have direct access to a DB engine. So although we could do it from diagrams and plans it is not something that we wanted to entertain at this stage.

Also we wanted something that the Spitfire/P-40 could fight. Although the Buchon was used by the Spanish airforce and not the Germans after some quite long discussions internally it was felt that it was better to at least look at something like the Buchon then ignore axis style aircraft altogether.

We will definitely look at other german/axis aircraft going forwards however if we did something more complex such at the BF110, He162, Me163 it would require considerable time to code for the specific aircraft/engine config. With the release schedule that we have planned for this series we felt that this was an acceptable compromise.

Also warbird doesnt necessarily mean if flew in WW2, The Bearcat for example never saw combat in WW2.

Hope that helps explain a little of our thinking re the Buchon

Pman

The Buchon will be recreated as the ones in Duxford (trying to look like German 109's) or as the real Buchons used by Spanish Air Force with proper 3d model and weapons?

HA-1112-M1L-71-5_zpsdcb5c5ed.jpg

The info that I have gathered so far indicates that although it was the Ha-1112 that saw major service with the airforce there was in fact 4 different minor variants, mainly differing in the payload of the aircraft, we will offer suitable payloads for each of the aircraft including the Buchon. Our model will have a 3 bladed prop however.

Pman

The info that I have gathered so far indicates that although it was the Ha-1112 that saw major service with the airforce there was in fact 4 different minor variants, mainly differing in the payload of the aircraft, we will offer suitable payloads for each of the aircraft including the Buchon. Our model will have a 3 bladed prop however.

Pman

That said I've just been discussing the opportunity to have a civilian button for want of a better phrase for the aircraft to swap between the Spanish combat variant and the Duxford display Variant :)

So all things still possible :)

Pman

Pman

AFAIK, this is he less produced/used variant. :(

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I can imagine taking off from some dusty strips in North Africa in my P-40. Just need someone to make a North Africa map for EDGE. I'm not asking to much:megalol:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

While I am all for more variety in DCS I'm struggling to see the point in releasing the Buchon. I understand that you guys have access to real ones so it'll be easier for you to develop it but with the DCS WW2 guys releasing a proper Me-109 I can't see why anybody would buy the Buchon instead of their Me-109 and because the two are so similar there's little to no reason for buying both of them.

I know you guys haven't even developed the aircraft that are on the list yet but do you think there are other warbirds at Duxford you may develop in the future......Hellcat....?:)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I can imagine taking off from some dusty strips in North Africa in my P-40. Just need someone to make a North Africa map for EDGE. I'm not asking to much:megalol:

Europe or Pacific Islands

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

While I am all for more variety in DCS I'm struggling to see the point in releasing the Buchon. I understand that you guys have access to real ones so it'll be easier for you to develop it but with the DCS WW2 guys releasing a proper Me-109 I can't see why anybody would buy the Buchon instead of their Me-109 and because the two are so similar there's little to no reason for buying both of them.

I appreciate your thoughts on that :)

One thing we have had to accommodate for with all of our aircraft is commonality of engines/airframes.

What we develop now has an effect on what we can do in the future :)

Pman

I know you guys haven't even developed the aircraft that are on the list yet but do you think there are other warbirds at Duxford you may develop in the future......Hellcat....?:)

Oh yeah, with the large variety of aircraft at Duxford I can see us doing other Duxford based aircraft for sure.

Pman

Oh yeah, with the large variety of aircraft at Duxford I can see us doing other Duxford based aircraft for sure.

Pman

Hmm, my "Duxford to DCS" wishlist has gone past 10 aircraft already and I'm still in the first hangar. DCS Vulcan is top of my list so far by the way :thumbup:

:Edit: Forgot there's a Tornado in the first hangar, that's now top... or maybe the Lightning?, is that in the first hangar? I really need to get back to Duxford.

Edited by Viper2492
Hmm, my "Duxford to DCS" wishlist has gone past 10 aircraft already and I'm still in the first hangar. DCS Vulcan is top of my list so far by the way :thumbup:

:Edit: Forgot there's a Tornado in the first hangar, that's now top... or maybe the Lightning?, is that in the first hangar? I really need to get back to Duxford.

hahah noted

DCS SR71? No? lol

There are quite a few aircraft at Duxford that we have had a good look at ;)

But I do want to thank everyone for the support we have received from the community, it is really appreciated and we without it we couldnt aim to do all the things we want to do :)

Pman

Airshow hinthint...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45