Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote myself "A separate team is working on these modules which will not affect development of any current module."

Ohh, ok...

DCS Warbirds announcement stopped my heart for a few minutes, at least until I read that the work on Typhoon will go on as normal.

Please don't forget the modern jet fans. :)

• ED Team

de Havilland Mosquito

Fast bomber

Fighter-bomber

Night fighter

Maritime strike aircraft

It has such a history it is a must :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I still want the Lanc Pete, come on, get with it....

(I'm typing as a consumer here, not a developer...hehe)

How about a go between and something like the Gloster E.28, Meteor or Vampire??

They would be fun to do as well.

And then of course we get into the Me 262 and He 162's...

Oh did I just type that out loud....what a tease...hehe

And as Pete said, plenty of fast jet's in the line up too ;)

Hahahaha, All of those are possible and I would love an He162 in DCS, and I can get access to one as well...

de Havilland Mosquito

Fast bomber

Fighter-bomber

Night fighter

Maritime strike aircraft

It has such a history it is a must :)

I love the Mossie, its a true favorite of mine and will for sure be considered in 2nd line + releases

Ohhh nice!

Ok how about the Westland Whirlwind?

This is a lovely and unique aeroplane, the biggest problem is getting data for something when the last intact one was scrapped over 65 years ago. I severely doubt we could do it to a high enough spec to be able to release it as a DCS module.

Can will be integrate / work in cooperation with 1944?

the "future" maps will be centre on England / commonwell maps / scenery?

I answered this above regarding the integration with 1944. It is our expectation that all our aircraft will be fully compatible with DCS WW2.

As for future maps, I really cant say at the moment, as/when I am able to confirm regions I will

Pman

Before I get all excited, I need one question answered. They are supposed built to be mil-spec but they are also called Warbirds. The term "Warbirds" says airshow airplane to me so will these "Warbirds" be fully combat capable aircraft from their respective time periods or will they be unarmed aircraft that only fly at airshows/air races?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Before I get all excited, I need one question answered. They are supposed built to be mil-spec but they are also called Warbirds. The term "Warbirds" says airshow airplane to me so will these "Warbirds" be fully combat capable aircraft from their respective time periods or will they be unarmed aircraft that only fly at airshows/air races?

Yes all our aircraft will be combat capable.

Obviously the aircraft in our packs will be great to be used for aerobatics (What else could you expect from me!) but they will be perfectly combat ready the same as the P-51D is now.

That said I'm not ruling out "Aero Spec" for the aircraft, similar to the Civilian P-51D check box thats in there for the P-51 now

Pman

• Like 1

Roger that! I'm officially excited now. Thanks pman!

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Roger that! I'm officially excited now. Thanks pman!

Your welcome :)

Are they already listed in order of release?

I have to quickly scroll and check the order in the announcement :megalol:

No they are not, Will keep which will come first as a surprise for now ;)

Pman

The problem with a B-17 or the like is the sheer complexity of the aircraft, it really is an aircraft where you need live access to them to be able to pick apart its workings etc. I am not an expert on AFM coding but from what I have seen the code needed for 4 engines etc is mind boggling.

Never say never, we may move onto bombers when this initial batch is finished.

Pman

MAybe start with a p38:smartass:

Great news, if I can have a wish it'd be this one :D

Westland_whirlwind.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hahahaha, All of those are possible and I would love an He162 in DCS, and I can get access to one as well...

I love the Mossie, its a true favorite of mine and will for sure be considered in 2nd line + releases

A HE162 would be gorgeous to have. Sadly seems to be ignored fighter for many people. Although myself do prefer the styling of the What if ones, being the C and D models, due to IL2:46.

Good to hear the Mossie be considered for 2nd line releases.

Chris

A HE162 would be gorgeous to have. Sadly seems to be ignored fighter for many people. Although myself do prefer the styling of the What if ones, being the C and D models, due to IL2:46.

Good to hear the Mossie be considered for 2nd line releases.

Chris

No question it was a stunning aircraft and used alot more widely than people believe. If we do any aircraft like that in the future we would do the true to life variants and not the speculative off the blueprint variants.

Pman

• Like 1
No question it was a stunning aircraft and used alot more widely than people believe. If we do any aircraft like that in the future we would do the true to life variants and not the speculative off the blueprint variants.

Pman

Wouldn't expect it to be the What Ifs. The A was brilliant in it's own right. Seeing it at RAF Hendon is brilliant, especially how small the aircraft was. Also it did at least get one airkill, being a Spitfire.

nice news ;)

maybe add a Dornier Do-335? ;) guess not much data about them sad to say.

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I answered this above regarding the integration with 1944. It is our expectation that all our aircraft will be fully compatible with DCS WW2.

As for future maps, I really cant say at the moment, as/when I am able to confirm regions I will

Pman

Thank Pman :thumbup:, but some people think if ED and / or RRG Studios no confirm full compatibility the announced is very vague :( (that question coming from people of some virtual squadrons tell my for answers).

Thank Pman :thumbup:, but some people think if ED and / or RRG Studios no confirm full compatibility the announced is very vague (that question coming from people of some virtual squadrons tell my for answers).

No problem

Obviously something's with RRG's work need to be confirmed as their work continues but we don't see any severe problems preventing you being able to use our aircraft in dcs ww2.

But as with everything that will need 100% confirming nearer the time

Pman

The wifey ain't gonna like it, but I'm gonna buy EVERY F*N SINGLE DCS-level warbird you (and/or others) make. And if I have to hock our furniture to get them, so be it. We-hey :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Oh dear, having been through two divorces myself I wouldn't wish that on you mate.

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement where you don't have to pawn your belongings, or sell the wife for camels to walk on the treadmill to generate electricity lol

Oh dear, having been through two divorces myself I wouldn't wish that on you mate.

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement where you don't have to pawn your belongings, or sell the wife for camels to walk on the treadmill to generate electricity lol

:megalol: :megalol: :megalol:

Intel Core i5-2500K@4.7GHz | Noctua NH-D14 (NF-P12 + NF-P14) | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB |

MSI N580GTX Lightning Extreme Edition (3GB, 910MHz/1195MHz) | AOC e2236Swa | Win10 64bit | Old Good Saitek X52 Pro

Virtute Duce, Comite Fortuna!

:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:pilotfly:

The problem with a B-17 or the like is the sheer complexity of the aircraft, it really is an aircraft where you need live access to them to be able to pick apart its workings etc. I am not an expert on AFM coding but from what I have seen the code needed for 4 engines etc is mind boggling.

Are you saying that the ones at Duxford are not available?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: