Is it reasonable for the F-14 to be finished in 2016?

Jaktaz

• 1 month later...
i believe they release this in 2017 summer probably autumn

Safe bet. Its nice to see that the team is investing work into it, but they need to get Viggen out the door, and apparently F-4u and a freaking Iow Jima theatre is coming out before Tomcat

It's a complicated plane, both in flight model and systems. I have faith in Leatherneck, and I understand that they have invested tons of time in researching the plane, I just don't know where they are at in development.

No, my money is on Q 2/3 2017

from the way things look with the Viggen, I say there is no chance to see the F14 in our hands in any state. DCS is still a wobbling platform, LNS is focusing on other aircraft(s) for the moment. And for communication point of you it is suicidal to announce that the Tomcat is delayed to next year.

We just have to be patient and enjoy what we have now.

it's kinda like waiting for a bus or a train... there may be a timetable, but the bus gets there when it gets there, and knowing what time it should be there won't make it get there any faster...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's kinda like waiting for a bus or a train...

I really hope it won't be this way. At least not according to my experiences with the German Railway/Deutsche Bahn. You are in luck when the train arrives on schedule and sometimes at all... and if it does arrive then there's a fair chance the AC is broken in the middle of a heatwave or they got totally surprised by snow in December. :D

So... don't let this be like a train, pretty please! :)

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

I really hope it won't be this way. At least not according to my experiences with the German Railway/Deutsche Bahn. You are in luck when the train arrives on schedule and sometimes at all... and if it does arrive then there's a fair chance the AC is broken in the middle of a heatwave or they got totally surprised by snow in December. :D

So... don't let this be like a train, pretty please! :)

I think the analogy is completely flawed to begin with. OK, the F-14 has wheels, but trains and buses definitely don't operate off carrier decks. Also, and perhaps more tellingly, there isn't a published timetable for module releases.

I'm curious about why we are even having this debate. What are people hoping to achieve? An earlier release? A statement from Leatherneck to say it'll definitely be released by the end of the year? Or are you simply trying to embarrass them? Whatever it is, I have a feeling you're miturating in an entirely unproductive direction - namely the direction in which the carrier will be turned in order to launch an F-14!

ok, well a bus can be held back by traffic, a train might have to slow for some reason too, maybe to heavily loaded and can't make it up a hill... breakdowns occur... forces beyond human control...

just realizing eventually you will get to your destination and relaxing is better than getting impatient, throwing a tantrum and stressing out when you get held up... at least in my opinion...

Edited by Hadwell
  • Like 1

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's kinda like waiting for a bus or a train... there may be a timetable, but the bus gets there when it gets there, and knowing what time it should be there won't make it get there any faster...

Right... Then i guess that the electronic signs that they have in my country that tells you when the bus will arrive using realtime GPS data is useless, better just to stand ignorant in the bus station, sure.

the 'knowing the 'when' doesn't change anything' logic statement makes no sense, lets see you try that one on your boss and tell me how it went.

p.s

it is no longer reasonable to assume F-14 in 2016 , even if its already ready for early access, they said they will release Viggen first.

Now that takes at least a month to do marketing, then another 2-3 weeks of pre-order, another month after release to see whats-whats with major bugs etc. and another month at least for the devs to relax a bit after all that mayhem.

also you cant have two modules so closely released as they would hurt each other`s sales.

Q2 2017 is my guess , maybe maybe end of Q1

Edited by T_A

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so keeping with the bus analogy, does that mean after all the waiting 3 will come along at once :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Right... Then i guess that the electronic signs that they have in my country that tells you when the bus will arrive using realtime GPS data is useless, better just to stand ignorant in the bus station, sure.

the 'knowing the 'when' doesn't change anything' logic statement makes no sense, lets see you try that one on your boss and tell me how it went.

p.s

it is no longer reasonable to assume F-14 in 2016 , even if its already ready for early access, they said they will release Viggen first.

Now that takes at least a month to do marketing, then another 2-3 weeks of pre-order, another month after release to see whats-whats with major bugs etc. and another month at least for the devs to relax a bit after all that mayhem.

also you cant have two modules so closely released as they would hurt each other`s sales.

Q2 2017 is my guess , maybe maybe end of Q1

As much as I want to believe it will be done by 2016, it pains me to agree with you because its the cold truth, the days are turning into months, and the months are passing me by, oh well I'm a big boy I'll get over it

4 months of 2016 remain, and the pattern seems pretty full for probable releases this year - Spitfire, Viggen, Hornet, 2.5, Normandy. That's a lot of potential releases to fit into a release schedule, considering the usual pre-release announcement and build up. I think the F-5 had a two month gap between announcement and release. It'd be nice to see the F-14 before the end of the year, but if the F-14, F-18 and Spitfire all released this year, my three favourite planes would be out.. and then what would I whinge about next year?! ;)

• Like 1

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And don't forget, that the F4U is also supposed to come before the Tomcat, but we haven't heard much of it so far.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well I don't think we will see the F-14 in 2016, my estimate would be at the earliest Q4 2017 and this is all speculations but I believe that Viggen will be released Q1 2017 and the F4U in Q2-Q3 2017.

Regarding ED releases I think we will only see the Spitfire, 2.5 and Normandy released this year and thats based on the marketing that ED is doing right now and ED has mentioned that the release window for 2.5 is by the end of this year and I don't think ED will release a new map before 2.5 is out, so Normandy will come out after 2.5 is released.

Does are the products they are showing and building hype for and based on the information they have given on the Hornet I think that module is far from release. But this is all speculations, most certainly I am wrong on many things and the modules will be released when they are ready but its a bit fun to speculate :thumbup:

For all of you impatient folk, recall the masterpiece that was Falcon 4.0. Or, more to the point, the fact it wasn't when it was first released. The game was probably the buggiest release I've ever witnessed. The fact it was a niche game and had such a specific audience is probably what saved it from a financial perspective. Any other game of any other genre that stumbled out the door like would've seen it's sales suffer. Even after the first major patch of the game was applied, the game still had a number of unresolved errors. The franchise really started to right itself when Graphsim re-released it as Allied Force but at it's core was still the same game as the one released in 1998. I loved Falcon 4.0 as much as anybody else, but I had far too difficult of a time getting it off the ground to fully enjoy it the way we were supposed to.

The point is, let things take time. Development hell doesn't seem to be an issue when it comes to the DCS franchise, so it'll be released when it's ready. I'm sure there'll be plenty of bugs that still need to be fixed, but the idea is to have a module that is playable upon release and close enough to what the designers intended to have for us.

Until ED releases the systems for the f-14 to adopt, you will not see the f-14. If they do intend on releasing the f-14 in the current state dcs is in(not talking about bugs; but features), there will be a lot of unhappy people.

you want the f-14 in 2016, i'd start w/ complaining to ED tbh.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Well I don't think we will see the F-14 in 2016, my estimate would be at the earliest Q4 2017 and this is all speculations but I believe that Viggen will be released Q1 2017 and the F4U in Q2-Q3 2017.

Regarding ED releases I think we will only see the Spitfire, 2.5 and Normandy released this year and thats based on the marketing that ED is doing right now and ED has mentioned that the release window for 2.5 is by the end of this year and I don't think ED will release a new map before 2.5 is out, so Normandy will come out after 2.5 is released.

Does are the products they are showing and building hype for and based on the information they have given on the Hornet I think that module is far from release. But this is all speculations, most certainly I am wrong on many things and the modules will be released when they are ready but its a bit fun to speculate :thumbup:

The Viggen had better be released this year. Its overdue.

ln never uttered a peep as to when viggen would be coming out so how in the blazes can it be overdue?

Well, there was this official news from ED:

In the first half of 2016, several new 3rd party aircraft modules will also be launched. These include the F-5E Tiger II by Belsimtek, the SA342 Gazelle by Polychop Simulations, and the AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulations.

Obviously, as the saying goes, it's been "subject to change". :D

For the F-14, my gut feeling is Summer 2017.