1.5.2 updater stuck at "Shutting the torrents down"

Hi guys,

I just updated DCSW to 1.5.2. My installation is complete but the updater seems to be stuck at "Shutting the torrents down". However, I have already got the notification that DCS has been succesfully updated to 1.5.2; is it okay if I force quit the updater and start the game? Has anyone else faced this problem?

Hi guys,

I just updated DCSW to 1.5.2. My installation is complete but the updater seems to be stuck at "Shutting the torrents down". However, I have already got the notification that DCS has been succesfully updated to 1.5.2; is it okay if I force quit the updater and start the game? Has anyone else faced this problem?

Yes, I had it last night.

FWIW, it does go away on it's own eventually. Can't tell you how long it was there for as I was busy watching a video and just left it.

• ED Team

can you attach your autoupdate_log.txt from the main install please.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same issue here. After several minutes, I killed the process and DCS OpenBeta worked fine after that.

autoupdate_log.txt attached.

Not surprisingly, it ends with:

INFO : Installed 3925 files.

INFO : distr/vcredist_x64.exe succeeded with code 0

But maybe there's something before that that will explain what happened for the wizards over at ED. ;)

autoupdate_log.rar

Yes this is happening here as well. I deleted 1.5 without thinking to Install 2.0 excited to test Nevada.

I've since gone back and deleted 1.2 and am reinstalling 1.5 to run alongside World 2. I downloaded 1.5 install from the web site using the browser.

Now I'm installing the aircraft into 1.5 again. I have 1.5 on C drive and 2.0 on E drive.

I noticed the updater now looks to copy what it can from 2.0 to 1.5 , clever idea. It finishes installing and then seems to hang at Shutting the torrents down...

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.9.43 (Windows NT 6.1.7601; Win64; en-CA)

INFO : Installed 531 files.

(Takes 10 minutes or more to complete , Appears hung but eventually finishes, Not really a bug, more of a time it takes problem)

=== Log closed.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

It's a problem in the torrent library. I'm in contact with the devs and we are searching for the reason...

Meanwhile, I moved the torrent shutdown code to the end of the process, so at the point when it stucks all the update/install operations are completed.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact issue ever since I installed 1.5.x. All 1.5.x versions of the updater get stuck on shutting down torrents after the download is complete - I simply kill them from the Task Manager and the game seems to work ok.

For those who have a problem restarting the update: Remove all content of the %TEMP%\DCS* folders, and restart the DCS World, e.g.:

Open the Command Prompt with "Run as Administrator" option and type in:

rmdir /S /Q %TEMP%\DCS

rmdir /S /Q %TEMP%\DCS.openbeta

CPU: Intel i7 2770k 3.4GHzTB@ 4.3GHz

MB: P8Z77-V LE Z77 Socket 1155

Memory: Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2000MHz XMS3

GFX: GeForce GTX 760 2GB

HD: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GBx2/830 Pro 128GB/WD1TB-BEx2

PSU: Antec TruePower Trio 800W

Monitor: 2x ASUS VE247 2ms 1920x1680 native

Input: Saitek X52 + Pro Flight Cessna Rudder/Wacom intuos tablet/3D Mouse/TrackIR 5

Sound: Logitech G35 Surround Headphones

• ED Team
I have the exact issue ever since I installed 1.5.x. All 1.5.x versions of the updater get stuck on shutting down torrents after the download is complete - I simply kill them from the Task Manager and the game seems to work ok

Oh, please, attach the autoupdate_log.txt file, after the updater finishes (it should show the shutdown timer counting down from 30 to 0, before closing).

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Oh, please, attach the autoupdate_log.txt file, after the updater finishes (it should show the shutdown timer counting down from 30 to 0, before closing).

I will attempt to reproduce it and provide the log.

Input: Saitek X52 + Pro Flight Cessna Rudder/Wacom intuos tablet/3D Mouse/TrackIR 5

The latest official 2.6.12.52 version of the updater also hangs at the end.

The latest official 2.6.12.52 version of the updater also hangs at the end.

Here's the log (attached), before/after I killed it (it hasn't changed when killed).

autoupdate_log.zip

• 7 months later...

DCS Updater 2.6.15.58 Still hangs "Shutting Torrents Down"

I encounter this problem every time there is an update, or I install a module. The updater runs (apparently to completion), but then hangs at the "Shutting Torrents Down". I've left in that state for over 2 hours on one occasion, with no change. The processes are performing no IO and using no CPU.

Killing the processes will then allow DCS World to start, and all seems normal thereafter.

This is on Windows 10. The autoupdate log does not seem to have any information beyond the "Shutting torrents down" point.

• ED Team

windows defender is normal not a problem, upload your autoupdate_log.txt the devs can take a look at it then.

you will find it in DCS root folder

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK, I tested it by attempting to re-install the MiG-21 module (currently it causes a non-fatal error on startup, so I had uninstalled it). I have attached the log file, plus some screenshots of the process information.

The log shows the torrents as being shut down, but the dialog remains. Killing the "waiting for torrents to shut down" dialog process does not allow the installation to continue; I have to kill both updater processes.

I can generate a crash-dump of either or both processes, if that is of any help.

The MiG-21 startup error message is unrelated to the torrenting, I just mention it in passing, and it happened to be a convenient module to test with since the rest are all happily installed; I'll get around to logging it as an issue in its own right. It's MiG-21-specific; I have no problems with the other 10 or so modules I have installed.

Logs and screenshots.zip

• ED Team
OK, I tested it by attempting to re-install the MiG-21 module (currently it causes a non-fatal error on startup, so I had uninstalled it). I have attached the log file, plus some screenshots of the process information.

The log shows the torrents as being shut down, but the dialog remains. Killing the "waiting for torrents to shut down" dialog process does not allow the installation to continue; I have to kill both updater processes.

Can you please, repeat the test, after putting the attached file to the game install dir, right along the autoupdate.cfg and .dat files.

autoupdate_dev.cfg

I ran the MiG-21 installation test again, with the autoupdate_dev.cfg file installed, as you requested.

autoupdatedir.jpg

Behaviour did not seem to change - still hangs on the "Shutting the torrents down" dialog (left it for 30 minutes - no progress, no CPU used or IO counted)

I tried attaching my Visual Studio 2013 debugger to it, but without symbol information it could not tell me anything useful.

Log file attached. I'm happy to run further tests if required.

autoupdate_log.zip

• ED Team
Behaviour did not seem to change - still hangs on the "Shutting the torrents down" dialog (left it for 30 minutes - no progress, no CPU used or IO counted)

Interestingly, the log says

INFO : Kill timer set to 30 seconds...
INFO : Torrents have been shutdown in time.
INFO : Kill timer reset.

as if torrents have shut down normally, however, it missed the "Log closed." line...

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing here on updater 2.6.19.8

INFO : Installed 2800 files.
INFO : Kill timer set to 30 seconds...
INFO : Torrents have been shutdown in time.
INFO : Kill timer reset.

The DCS Updater window saying Shutting the torrents down... is Not Responding according to it's title bar.

It runs fine when I kill the updater.

Edited by YeeHarr
adding info