The Mi-8TV2 Livery thread

joey45

afaik mi-8 got tail rotor on the right side and mi-17 got tail rotor on left side which is the most significant difference, so i am confused with that name (or is mi-17 called for export versions?)

Some versions of the Mi-8's have it on the left side too, check the documentary about it on youtube, it were actually really good

EDIT-> link http://youtu.be/nMgbcE-fVME

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your template seems to have picked up some dirt a few versions ago, Mainstay, and lost some of it's color on the instrument panels.. but I guess no one will come close enough to notice it from outside view.

But a clean photo job is always nice :smartass:

Thats not my fault srry offlinepilot. Thats in the Template from Belsimtek :cry:

g8PjVMw.png

Hello guys,

about bare/slick model: that modified model is not perfect yet, so we should fix some parts however i hope BST will come up with an official slick version - just like with the later/civilian version of the huey

Yes I know that the better solution it's like the Huey, one slick version and on military version but meanwhile please can you give us the command that you have modified for remove all these elements ?

The only thing that I can remove are the exhaust heat signature reducer but for these other elements it's a real mystery

About the repaint I'm sure that it's not an easy job, I wait with a lot of impatience your beautiful creations...

Best regards. Skull

Thx for the feedback ill correct some issues this evening and post version 2 after

Hello Mainstay,

Thanks for your quickly answer, I wait with impatience this upgrade.

Please can you send us a little message in this thread when this update is available ?

Thanks again, Skull.

afaik mi-8 got tail rotor on the right side and mi-17 got tail rotor on left side which is the most significant difference, so i am confused with that name (or is mi-17 called for export versions?)

Early versions of Mi-8 had tail rotor on the right side. But from the version Mi-8MT and newer they change it to the left because of better efficiency.

Mi-17 is an export name of Mi-8MT and newer

Oh ok.. sorry I just checked the \DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\mi-8mt\Russia_Army_Weather\mi_8_tex_3_W.bmp and there is was 'crisp' and clear

Yeah i know i seen this myself aswell maybe Belsimtek can reupload their template

At the moment it looks like this

yln2.jpg

g8PjVMw.png

Hello,

Please, can you tell me the name of this software :

udwq.jpg

A great thanks, Skull.

Hello,

Thanks for your explanation but it's new for me and I not sure that I well understand and how created one .bat file and in this file I put:

Make a .bat file in DCS World saying "bin\ModelViewer.exe" ??

Please can you help me ?

Best regards. Skull

Hello,

Thanks for your explanation but it's new for me and I not sure that I well understand and how created one .bat file and in this file I put:

Make a .bat file in DCS World saying "bin\ModelViewer.exe" ??

Please can you help me ?

Best regards. Skull

Just start with making a .txt file in the directory DCS World, (ex model.txt) then add bin\ModelViewer.exe inside the .txt file.

Then you rename the .txt file to .bat file

(since the ModelViewer.exe can't run on it's own it seems, so it have to be started with a .bat file)

Just start with making a .txt file in the directory DCS World, (ex model.txt) then add bin\ModelViewer.exe inside the .txt file.

Then you rename the .txt file to .bat file

(since the ModelViewer.exe can't run on it's own it seems, so it have to be started with a .bat file)

Hello,

SUPER, your method work fine. It's crasy.

I've open the "MI-8MT.lods" and everything work fine...

But please can you explain to me how I can load the other repaints because I have the Russian version and I would load the "Georgia" repaint.

I found "Tools" / "Mount Textures" / Mount Dir but impossible to have the textures that I want, please can you help me ?

A great thanks in advance for all, Skull.

Hello,

SUPER, your method work fine. It's crasy.

I've open the "MI-8MT.lods" and everything work fine...

But please can you explain to me how I can load the other repaints because I have the Russian version and I would load the "Georgia" repaint.

I found "Tools" / "Mount Textures" / Mount Dir but impossible to have the textures that I want, please can you help me ?

A great thanks in advance for all, Skull.

Use the view/dialogs and choose 'show folder browser' and 'show liveries dialog.'

Choose the MI-8mt in liveries on the left.. and country on the right.

At least that's how I do it

@Mainstay noticed the grey lines on the Croatia and CZ Clv fuel tanks? as well

Croatia they are visible also on real one. The grey lines are sealants, some overpaint it some dont ;)

Im making a Czech airforce one soon instead of CLV version

g8PjVMw.png