OP Takeback with dynamic weather

Howdy folks,

If you want to try something awesome with the 1.5 beta click HERE for Ranger79's A-10C mission called OP Takeback. The Zip file contains the miz file as well as a dynamic weather lua file. With the dynamic weather installed you will see and hear the new rain effects of 1.5, but don't be discouraged about the weather. If you fly to the AO the skies will be clear. It's as realistic as it gets with this monkey business. I am thrilled that dynamic weather can now be used without tanking frame rates and look forward to using it often. I have also added some radio chatter and 1 KA-50 slot.

Hey Blooze.....is this mission working in 1.5? Its one of my favorites.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Excellent. I'm freezing in 1.5 MP at this point. Would love to fly it in 1.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Yeah....after being airborne a few minutes my system freezes. Only happens in MP....SP is fine. I believe others with a similar issue have already made a bug report. Its frustrating because after using 1.5, I don't want to go back to 1.2.....I can't......I won't.

Yeah....after being airborne a few minutes my system freezes. Only happens in MP....SP is fine. I believe others with a similar issue have already made a bug report. Its frustrating because after using 1.5, I don't want to go back to 1.2.....I can't......I won't.

The fact that 1.5 forces windowed mode has led to some issues. Check your control panel/Power options and make sure that "never" has been selected for TURN OFF DISPLAY and PUT THE COMPUTER TO SLEEP. It seems that in windowed mode Windows doesn't know that DCS is running so anything set up that will operate automatically may activate and cause trouble. That's trouble with a capital "T" if you know what I mean.

Edited by Blooze

I'm always a go for a mission......

I always switch to full screen (alt+ENTER)...... however, it wouldn't hurt to change the power setting.