Conformal Fuel Tanks

Crash Survivable Memory Unit (Black Box to use the colloquial term).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 1 month later...

I was about to ask about CFTs in another thread, not sure how I missed this one for so long.

They are ugly as sin, but they would no doubt be a pretty useful option within the sim, and they are removable. Any plans to include the option Pman/Ells?

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I was about to ask about CFTs in another thread, not sure how I missed this one for so long.

They are ugly as sin, but they would no doubt be a pretty useful option within the sim, and they are removable. Any plans to include the option Pman/Ells?

It's something we are looking into , especially as the Typhoon is currently being remodelled.

No 100% confirmation from me yet. It may be something that comes along during beta.

Pman

Should have known as much, thanks for the quick reply as ever. I guess they are not the highest priority for now.... just behind the two seat option maybe.. :music_whistling:

Not the highest, but it is something I expect to see with our Typhoon at some point. It just may come during the open beta :)

Pman

• 1 month later...

More on CFTs

image.thumb.jpg.a6610f94a615d5dbfef33fa176b0aa02.jpg

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Well my two cents for CFT on any aircraft, may be other than F-15E ;

They have their uses, and they do make aircraft pretty long range for strike missions with not too bad CoG & aerodynamics punishment, and they don't take up a hardpoint.

They may even be useful for long CAP missions if rules of engagement are mainly BVR, may be.

But they are totally ugly, and take away close-in fighting performance of aircraft. Give me the clean aircraft anytime :P

BTW, it would be neat to have them as an option nevertheless. Question is, though, are we likely to get maps so big that CFT equipped aircraft will matter?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

BTW, it would be neat to have them as an option nevertheless. Question is, though, are we likely to get maps so big that CFT equipped aircraft will matter?

IF we get a Lightning then the standard map would do just fine even with CFTs

:music_whistling:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

unless upside down, but I guess it could still hit the vertical stab

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Isn't the Lightning's tank on the underside? I expect with the location of the Typhoon tanks, close to the wings, and on the upper side of the aircraft, jettisoning them would be extremely hazardous, if not virtually inconceivable.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

yep the tank is on the underside, it is the ventral tank and it comes in a couple of different sizes, with the one on the F6 holding about 650 imp gallons(2955litres). Because of the short range of the lightning without the ventral tank they mostly kept them on and they only came off for maintenance. They could be jettisoned in flight for emergency, once the ventral tank is empty the Lightning has a better than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio with the later Avon 301 or 302 engines.

Pretty sure they only come off on the ground dear.

LOL!

said the actress to the pilot :D

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 6 months later...

I'm refreshing the topic.

I must admit that in my opinion CFT don't look good both on Eurofighter and Rafale. I don't know why they look as bubles but it seems physics doesn't give any other choice. Anyway it looks like the plane which was stung by thousands of wasps.

Have you ever seen Advanced Hornet? I don't know what to say about it, I think they look even good but I wonder if it'll have an impact on flight or not, time will tell.

Some CFT look really good. I really like to see at these on F-15E and also F-16. As an example, I'll show you three pictures of F-16 Block 52+ from Polish Air Force.

F-16-Polaf.thumb.jpg.e819dc4c50e1083291e2ffab5757f296.jpg

f0205060_50e97435dae3b.thumb.jpg.c1689e92ad2b0cd4823cd0d47c5e95cd.jpg

IMG_2379.thumb.jpg.820dbff230f27f5cedbe59f0bb7ff6a0.jpg

Not bad in my opinion comparing it to CFT of Rafale or Eurofighter.

I always wondered why those engineers did no sit back a bit before putting their signature on the drawings and ask themselves... "what if we put more fuel in it and grow the fuselage a bit more?" All that fuel in those odd bulges on those planes could fit very well in the same plane if it was enlarged just a bit. I always admired the way Su-27 was thought in this regard. No fuel tanks needed. All fuel is inside and the plane feels happy about it :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I like the idea of CFTs gives you that extra flexibility. And the F-16 looks pretty sweet with them... Glad to hear we'll see that feature with the Typhoon at some point.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord