DCS F-35A

Wags

It seems like a joke. How to simulate aircraft that's a horrible pig in the air and only saving grace is a huge amount of classified equipment....that's not mission qualified???

Getting dogfight kills in this thing is going to be so easy if everyone thinks this way.

I'm really glad to see the A modeled. I have no idea why the B is so popular. STOVL sure, but it's the worst performance wise. I guess the B could be good if you wanted to make things a bit more challenging for yourself though.

In either case I'll be watching for news on this one.

BTW, in case it's not been said, IRIS has plans for the B.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;1788551']I dont mean to sound pessimistic, but I call shenanigans on this.

I've seen a dozen "to be released" mods and stand-alone simulators that never had a beta even. And even those had high-res renderings and apparent screenshots and videos on their simple-looking websites.

The sole purpose of this DCS F-35 is to bring traffic to Kinney Interactive website and promote their main products - SimPit & Cockpits.

There are only a couple of pictures, 100 pixels wide, and even these look like taken from elsewhere, like FSX F-35 and a 3DSMax renderings, not their own. And I spotted multiple misspellings also.

There are more reasons for this to never be released, like the jet's avionics, performance data and overall technology still being classified, making it impossible to render a realistic model in DCS.

If you want to fly F-35, load HAWX2 or FSX, but please dont fall for this and bring your hopes up too high.

Sorry, but I'm certain that this is not going to be released.

It will do its job to get more traffic however.

To be fair, their cockpit products do look good, but the DCS F-35 is a SCAM!

I wrote all of this down... I'll print it and send it back to you, so when this will be released you can frame it or eat it. :D

thats a very strange attitude from someone who is also developing a DCS module, I will be thinking twice about purchasing yours.

You're missing out on air superiority then.

Also I am officially apologizing now. I did not mean to be harsh against the team developing the F35 nor did i want to insult them or you or other users in any way.

I wish KI best of luck developing the F35.

Edited by CTD-Martin

3D modeler at Coretex Designs

$$$ per work-hour is relevant here, not total $$$ from sales.

Fair point, but it doesn't mean that the Sabre would beat the F-15 in the end net-income result. It would not only sell less numbers, but the asking price would be much lower, too.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

thats a very strange attitude from someone who is also developing a DCS module, I will be thinking twice about purchasing yours.

Apply cold water, CTD_Martin, it should alleviate the burning feeling.

Also rethinking about the module you're working on too.

:)

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Apply cold water, CTD_Martin, it should alleviate the burning feeling.

Also rethinking about the module you're working on too.

Have a nice day.

I'm very sorry if Martin's comments upset you. Everyone has their own opinion, and their own ways of expressing them. I hope this doesn't effect your outlook on our module, or Coretex Designs.

-Chris

Edited by coretexdesigns

;1788551']If you want to fly F-35, load HAWX2 or FSX, but please dont fall for this and bring your hopes up too high.

So let me get this straight. The maybe 85% accurate aircraft we have now (nothing against ED/3rd party, but we're not 100% and that's completely obvious) are perfectly acceptable, but 50-70% is not, even when people can choose on a personal basis whether or not to even experience it. So those people that would be OK with that level of accuracy, understanding it's the best that is currently achievable, should instead turn to something that is perhaps 1% accurate (the 3D is most likely OK)?

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Well, I guess this F35 will end up in the same bag than the P51. Probably fun to fly, realistic or not, it will never make it into a single serious multi squad mission anyway.

You'll see those aircraft in versus mode servers, just like the p51, and during LAN between 2 missions, to relax and have a good laugh.

After all, it's up to the users to decide what to do with those modules.I didn't buy the P51 module and none of my squad missions ever needed it anyway.

My only concern is that I hope these side developments are not diverting ED resources too much for them to work on real hardcore aircraft and also squash the remaining bugs on existing ones.

So let me get this straight. The maybe 85% accurate aircraft we have now (nothing against ED/3rd party, but we're not 100% and that's completely obvious) are perfectly acceptable, but 50-70% is not, even when people can choose on a personal basis whether or not to even experience it. So those people that would be OK with that level of accuracy, understanding it's the best that is currently achievable, should instead turn to something that is perhaps 1% accurate (the 3D is most likely OK)?

+1

I'll be kicking in my birthday present money, F-35 at the highest possible detail available to civilian flyers sounds like a good investment.

On a side note I think that DCS World is going to be the backbone of a revival in the flight sim genre.

• ED Team

No matter what the haters say,

It is going to happen

so as soon as everyone accepts it, the better the whole experience will be :)

again multiplayer mission designers decide what happens in a mission and what aircraft types are used.

If anyone is going to get the F-35A as accurate as it can be, KI are the ones to do it.

With the knowledge, experience and the backing from lockheed, who else is in a better position ?

Just sit back relax and watch as DCS evolves into anything you want it to be.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Pretty mixed opinions have we here, don't we? Not surprising to me, because I don't know what to think myself.

On one hand, we have endorsement from Wags himself (and that means something), and even a license from Lockheed, on the other hand, we have heard claims like "we are sure you will be flying open beta in April". Don't want to be negative, but it sounds too much over-confident to me. I'm yet going to see a DCS module released exactly on schedule, let alone such a complex one. Let's see what Mr. Kinny can pull off.

On the other hand, I can't get how some people can scream SCAM two days after first announcement. It's always good idea to be skeptical, especially about surprising and unexpected news, but denying something without seeing any evidence, neither positive nor negative, has nothing to do with skepticism.

I'm going to support this project for sure, as soon as I will see serious proofs. KI claims that beta is some 10 months away, which means they must have pretty share of work already done (you can't develop a DCS-level module in 10 months from scratch, right?). Let me see how it looks and works, and I will be probably convinced.

And finally, for those saying that F-35 will ruin MP... Forget about it. As already said, it's up to mission designer to choose participating aircraft, their number and balance, and it's up to you to which servers you visit, which plane you select and how you use it. Besides that, I'm sure that accurately simulated F-35 will be lots of fun in SP, don't you think?

So good luck guys, and prove my disbelief to be wrong. :)

Eagle, do you need more info? My buddy, his brother, is an engineer on the F-35 project and gets to work closely with the F-35 test pilots.

I don't know what, or if, he can provide to assist - would you mind if I got him in contact with you?

Also, are you planning to develop the feature of being able to re-designate a new target for GPS guided munitions after they have been released from the aircraft?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

What's next? DCS: F-22, F-117 and B-2? I dont want to sound negative, but I was hoping that we would'nt have a lot of aircraft based on guess work in DCS. And I can't see how it's possible to make a realistic representation of an aircraft where most of the systems, and it's capabilities are classified.

Your numbers are completely made up and no relevant basis for a discussion.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it can't be done. How much documentation have you seen of the A-10C systems? Are you sure they're accurate? Did you verify? Do you know how? How do you know it isn't all guess-work?

What's next? DCS: F-22, F-117 and B-2? I dont want to sound negative, but I was hoping that we would'nt have a lot of aircraft based on guess work in DCS. And I can't see how it's possible to make a realistic representation of an aircraft where most of the systems, and it's capabilities are classified.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The notion of what he wrote up is correct. Exact numbers not needed.

Your numbers are completely made up and no relevant basis for a discussion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Seriously, again?

It has been told already. Lochkeed Martin it's backing up this project, officially endorsing it.

Does that ring like something ANYONE can get, just by asking politely?

As a side dish, DCS: F22 it's already in the pipeline.

Working in the field of Military simulations I think I know a bit about the topic.

And there are many MANY ways fidelity can be matched without having to show the public restricted info.

Beside the fact that I personally believe a VERY limited amount of people in this forum could tell whether a Flight Model is 5% or 10% close to reality...

What's important is that the RESULT is a close approximation of reality, not that the content of the engine is actually code from the plane.

One of the most ridiculous commet I read in this thread is about "How can KI put the Nth millions of code of the real plane in DCS?"

Do you REALLY think that the only way to code a plane is to input the FCS code?

The amount of illogical assumption and preposterous claims based of feelings and pre-concepts really baffles me.

Rant off...

I think this can be a great addition to DCS World.

What I'm a bit surprised about is the hostility/negative comments about the module.

1: Wags himself has gone out and posted that this is NOT A SCAM. And they re looking forward to see what can be delivered.

2: It's confirmed that it will be produced on license from LM.

3: They clearly have experience in various areas within the simulation genre.

4: Lead Teams that Integrated Avionics on Both the F-22 & B-2

5: Have been designing and producing flight simulation products both for the general public and the military for almost 30 years.

I would say they have the experience and resources to pull this off.

When it comes to the avionics. It doesn't matter how many line of code the real F-35 needs in it's software. It's two completely different things.

All that matters is how the final package is delivered to the pilot. If you simulate an effect with 10 lines of code, where in real life it would maybe take 1000. No one would know.

Radar for example. How many line of codes do you think it would take in real life to have radar paint a detailed map of the area of interest....

In the game this is already known. So no need to have piles of code to do it, you simply simulate it.

Looking forward to this one.

Of course I will have a little skepticism until we see some more. But hopefully it will be good.

• Like 2

TIR would work wonderfully with the F-35.

Oculus Rift

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Probably not going to bother with this one... I can see a lot of kids joining DCS just to zoom around in an F-35 which they will adamantly proclaim is '100% realistic'.

Meanwhile us A-10C types will be left shaking our heads as they purge us from the sky with their all-aspect missiles and all weather, 360 degree visibility.

Even if it is realistic, I think it has the potential to ruin the game for a lot of players.

As the website proudly states:

YOU'RE FLYING AN F-35

OR YOU'RE A TARGET

WHICH ONE ARE

YOU?

My answer?

Neither. I got shot down too many times by a stealth fighter and now I'm not playing anymore.

If A Mission Designer Puts an A-10C And F-35A in the same mission or on opposite sides, then that mission designer needs to check out and go back to Fighters Anthology.

Same with the P-51, if he's Putting P-51's in Missions with F-15s or other Modern Jets Flying Wing or Opposition, Time for that Mission Designer to Call it Quits.

Mission Designers should keep aircraft to the proper time frame.

This isnt the Final Countdown, we dont need missions with F-14s splashing Zeros.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

;1788551']

If you want to fly F-35, load HAWX2 or FSX, but please dont fall for this and bring your hopes up too high.

Yeah Cuz HAWX2 is the Pinnacle of realism, and FSX already has the systems in place to make the F-35 Easy to code systems for, right.

A. HAWX is a JOKE.

B. FSX if you've ever coded for it, is so limited in so many ways in regards to systems and Flight models.

C. Im pretty sure KI has access to more data than you think.

What's next? DCS: (...) F-117 (...) ? I dont want to sound negative, but I was hoping that we would'nt have a lot of aircraft based on guess work in DCS.
Actually most documentation for the Nighthawk is available - with exception of JDAM integration, but we'll see what will be available in a few months.

Lochkeed Martin it's backing up this project, officially endorsing it.

Does that ring like something ANYONE can get, just by asking politely?

Yes. I can shoot an email to a company dressed in nice words that say "Hey I want to implement your product / your company logo in a game, here's what I did so far, here's what I want to do.... are you ok with that ?" And they say "Yeah". Actually I did that few times, does that mean those companies officially endorsed what I was doing ? Heck no!

We weren't yet told what the deal with LM is about, don't draw conclusions. This may be as simple as using Lockheed Martin logo, or as counter intelligence loaded as sharing pilot workflow algorithms and aerodynamic flight test data. W E - D O N ' T - K N O W.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos