DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Map, compass, chronograph. This is how real men fly. :)

+1

Very well said sir, we don't need any stinking GPS. ;)

Truely can't wait to fly this fast and low around Nevada, gonna be some great nav exercises coming up. :)

Fantastic vid guys, will certainly be buying the very moment you start taking orders.

But damn this wait is hard. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

great video, i was very impressed with the progress shown. it seems just a few weeks ago the Gazelle was just being shown as some 3D art files and here it is almost fully integrated. just not used to that sort of progress around simulators lol

great work, hopefully this is one of many modules for you guys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

I've just seen the vid, from the gazelle, over NTTR in 29th november Wags news video

Very very good job so far ! I love the high fidelity motor/rotor sounds. It looks like that everything inside is highly detailled and modeled.

for sure it will be a must buy... ;-)

congrat to Pat and the team

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Olli, this is stunning! The implementation of the Gazelle in its recon role, simply incredible.

This will enable whole new mission design. Then again, I wonder can you attach the zone to a vehicle with a "moving zone" condition?

I'm thinking about a convoy moving along a random generated route or moving through dense areas, so you need to search and find it.

And a final question about this recon feature. Is the trigger (the feedback from the Gazelle module) accessible through the scripting system e.g. will there be a new event type you can handle in scripts if the recon camera looks at the predefined zone?

Wow, guys, whatever it is, this feature alone is worth buying that bird.

Not that I wouldn't buy it anyway! :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thank you for taking the time to awnser the questions.

Loved the video too, except for one thing: I kept moving my head to look around but nothing happened! ;)

It'll be a challenging and immersive module to fly by the looks of it, keep it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Map, compass, chronograph. This is how real men fly. :)

You should probably quickly tell Boeing, Lockheed, Bell, Dassault and many others, because they have all been stupid enough to put GPS and moving maps in all of their new planes.....:P

Looking forward to the Gazelle! It looks much more stable than the Huey which constantly oscillates any chance it gets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Thank you for taking the time to awnser the questions.

Loved the video too, except for one thing: I kept moving my head to look around but nothing happened! ;)

It'll be a challenging and immersive module to fly by the looks of it, keep it up!

I did the same darn thing.. moving to look left and right, did it a couple of times before I decided it just was never going to work.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

a bit offtopic but is there a good joystick/hotas somebody can recommend at the moment ?

with which setup you guys are testing the gazelle right now ?

I cannot speak for the rest of the guys testing but I am using a TM warthog CH Pedals and TM MFD's.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Exciting Q&A! Looks more appealing to me than the Huey as well. Hoping as well that it's not going to be a crude beta once it comes out but a finished product. :smilewink:

18. All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Sun Tzu - The Art of War - Laying Plans

I hope that they will continue to work on the FM, because Gazelle is not behaving so in reality, this of course I speak on the basis of watching a video. Besides, vibrations in the cockpit are much less prominent, not so strong. Vibrations of course exist, but they are smaller - more frequent.

I also hope, it will later be other variants this beautiful helicopter, as we are in Serbian Air Force had, with 4 Маљутка 9М14M (NATO designation: AT-3 Sagger) + two Стрела-2M (NATO designation: SA-7B Grail).

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

I hope that they will continue to work on the FM, because Gazelle is not behaving so in reality, this of course I speak on the basis of watching a video.

What exactly are you referring to?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

What exactly are you referring to?

And what Gazelle version? What I understood from the Q&A and some posts here they model the FM with feedback from real life Gazelle pilots(!) and BO-105 pilots?

So wouldn't they not identify any "problems" with the realism of the FM.

I agree on the vibrations though, but as with the Huey you only have visual queues for vibration (no butt-feeling) and no peripheral vision, so a stronger visual vibration helps indentifying transition to hover etc.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks a lot, guys !

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

I hope that they will continue to work on the FM, because Gazelle is not behaving so in reality...

Wags was flying with all Autopilot/SAS on, flying without definitely looking different and not that stable ;)

And they ARE working very hard to bring a very authentic flightmodel to you guys. You'll be blown away!

I hope that they will continue to work on the FM, because Gazelle is not behaving so in reality, this of course I speak on the basis of watching a video. Besides, vibrations in the cockpit are much less prominent, not so strong. Vibrations of course exist, but they are smaller - more frequent.

I also hope, it will later be other variants this beautiful helicopter, as we are in Serbian Air Force had, with 4 Маљутка 9М14M (NATO designation: AT-3 Sagger) + two Стрела-2M (NATO designation: SA-7B Grail).

You speak of possible bugs of a module that is not even released, you take your meaning from a YouTube video and if you don't prove us wrong, you are not an actual Gazelle Pilot like the advisors/test fliers of this module.

Speechless :doh:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's arguably the most important armed helicopter ever built in western Europe. It's ugly and little more than a 1960's light civy chopper with a few manportable AT missiles duct taped to it, but it has also seen extensive action around the world for the last 40 years. And yes, it may very well be the saddest excuse for an attack helo ever made, but it's also one of the most important right alongside the Mi-24 and AH-64. I'm glad it is being made and will certainly buy it. I'll also frequently complain on TS3 in 104th about how terrible it is. Sort of like the MiG-21 I suppose, bad weapons system but fun to use regardless.

Edit: as for the FM, you really can't tell much by watching a video unless there is something really egregiously wrong (think war thunder). Anything nuanced requires feeling the flight model rather than watching.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Why choosing the Gazelle ?

maybe they have access to a real gazelle and have a lot of documentation for it or they know a lot of people that have flown this thing to achieve the best results in terms of "as real as it gets"

because that is why the most people decide to go for dcs

I wish the gazalle version had light machine guns...

would have been a great substitute for anyone wanting a AH-1 little bird helicopter with like agility.

anywho super excited about this dcs module

one weapon (HOT3 anti-tank) is better than no weapons at all.. lol

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179