New 3D model C-17 Globemaster III by precise3dmodeling.com

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear, sds.

By the way, just a curiosity regarding another model of Precise3DModeling, why is the Su-35 loaded with R-60 and R-27 instead of R-73 and R-77, considering these are more modern and etc? Request by costumer or something?

Simply, we load those missiles because we don't have others :)

That looks fantastic, is it resource intensive?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 1 month later...

any news on Mod release date?)

whould be great to implement that model to DCS and FC2 aswell..

keep it up

Scud

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

any news?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

• 1 year later...
New 3D model C-17 Globemaster III by precise3dmodeling.com

c17render01.jpg

c17render04.jpg

c17render03a.jpg

c17render02.jpg

Sorry for reviving an old thread but are we ever going to see this model in DCS? C-17 desperately needs an update. I can't stand the older model.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

@ Kuky - You`re damned right. I have exactly the same problems with the DCS F-15 and F-15e Eagles. They simply have to many Polygons : arround 280.000 per plane: thats much to heavy!

For the moment yes... but it's to be future proof as surely in 1-2 years video cards will be about the fast and then it'll be more acceptable. Right now if I have flight of 4 apaches and F-15C on the base my FPS are in single digits but I also do run higher visibility distance then standard and that requires also lot more processing power so I'm not blaming it on the game.

I am patiently waiting for the next gen of video cards that will be 28nm and compared to current 40nm you're looking at double the number of transistors on same GPU die... and bit less power required... so hope is there :smartass:

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

@ Kuky - You`re damned right. I have exactly the same problems with the DCS F-15 and F-15e Eagles. They simply have to many Polygons : arround 280.000 per plane: thats much to heavy!

Look the new Su33 model, lots of poligons and no drop of fps

Greetings

these models are for rendering , not for insertig them in sims. the high number of the polys isn't necesary, a good low poly model can look as good as this if it has a high res skin and the polys are put where they need to be. and i don't think this model was ever made for public release, precise3dmodeling.com usually sells its models for a sum of money, of what i know.

sure guys,

I`m a big fan of highly modeled planes but it allways have to useable in online games.

So I think that a modern aircraft shape should not have over about 150.000 faces. So these models works very well with actually hardware and it is possible to add a lot of details. The models on following pics have arround 60.000 faces and works very fine together with hundreds of other jets:

screenshot855z.jpg

screenshot867.jpg

screenshot871.jpg

screenshot836u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But well- ED shows one more time the way into the future and hardware limits still are not an argument.

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

The models on following pics have arround 60.000 faces and works very fine together with hundreds of other jets

All well and good but I don't think this is the venue to plug your models with a bunch of pics... ;) That's pretty off-topic.

All well and good but I don't think this is the venue to plug your models with a bunch of pics... ;) That's pretty off-topic.

Actually, this thread is about 3D. He's not spamming so seems pretty legit to me.

Edit: Actually, thanks for all your contributions TOMCATZ. IMHO there was nothing wrong with your post as you were showing how excellent models can be achieved with a set number of polygons (which the thread had started discussing). Please keep up the good work and don't hesitate to show your great models - I for one certainly appreciate them.

Edited by Moa

Please keep up the good work and don't hesitate to show your great models - I for one certainly appreciate them.

Of course we do... this isn't about whether or not you or I appreciate his work. There was no need for you to interpret my suggestion so negatively. This is a thread about precise3dmodeling's C-17... I think the title is pretty clear!

I love seeing pictures of Tom's work in threads he's made for his models, or the screenshot thread, etc.

@Moa

Actually, this thread is about 3D. He's not spamming so seems pretty legit to me.

Edit: Please keep up the good work and don't hesitate to show your great models - I for one certainly appreciate them.

i'm sure you do appreciate them, specially when they are for free.

Anyway, did any guy from precise3dmodelling aprove that this C-17 is made for a fc2 mod? because if not, this thread it just doesn't belong here. we all can search some very good models, from turbosquid from example, and create new threads here but those models are not for public purpose, they are just for individual use and against of a sum of money.