When can all modules be deactivated ?

BitMaster

Seriously, I am down to 2 or 3 licenses on some modules just because they don't allow deactivation.

I am not even installing my Su-27 camp. as it only has 3, is that a JOKE ???? seriously ??

IS THIS A JOKE ????

I have to change parts often and rely on being able to deactivate modules, which works for most but some modules.

I don't see why I should have to wait for 1 month until I get a new license if I happen to have to change parts twice or more a month, which is common for me and my job, IT.

I have done my part in paying the module, what I demand is a working tool to preserve my licenses.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

This is the reason why I have bought the Steam versions. Didn't like the install counter...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

Starforce is like one of the worst DRM protection schemes out there. It only ends up hurting paying customers in the end. The recent patch notes testify to that more than anything else really. I wish ED would implement some other kind of protection, most big name publishers have abandoned starforce in droves.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I don't want to paint black but I can see trouble ahead when I reach 0 !

It just can't be, I have payed hundreds of dollars or euros to ED to have these modules and are treated like a wannabe pirate by Starforce.

Tell ya, I wont hesitate to check this legally if this is correct in Germany..and I don't think so.

Someone better acts before people start calling their lawyers, I for sure would not hesitate to do that as I have to deal with court anyway every once in a while, one more or less wouldn't bother me.

I am fed up with this and Wags needs to speak out what he intends to do with paying customers ending up having no lic left due to improperly implemented copy protection.

The other modules do show that it can work, why not with the others ??

Bit

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

The only issue is people do not read and understand the system, nothing wrong with starforce.

another thread here.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The only issue is people do not read and understand the system, nothing wrong with starforce.

another thread here.

I perfectly understand Starforce.

It will NOT allow me to ACTIVATE twice a month when I am down to ZERO just because one cannot deactivate certain Modules.

I am NOT bitching about Starforce with i.e. the Ka-50 or A10-C which can be deactivated without any problem, I am really upset about the modules you CANNOT deactivate and will get you down to zero in no time if you have to work with your PC as I have to.

Sure, for people who don't mess with their stuff a lot this is irrelevant, for me it is very important and I won't stop until this is solved.

I am very serious about this

Bit

another thread here.

This is a very general statement, not only is it wrong but probably offensive to people who are computer literate and have experienced numerous problems with it. I personally have not had issues with Starforce in DCS, and maybe you haven't either, but that doesn't mean that many others have not experienced serious problems. Including the OP of the thread!

Have you read the latest patch notes? Now how many people even bother with reading the patch notes? How many of those are going to have problems because they have to follow a convulted and frankly terrible workaround because the DRM scheme is terrible? In any case I hope they get it fixed for the update on friday, I for one am not touching the beta client.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• ED Team

Understood,

I now understand the issue, it has been reported.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I perfectly understand Starforce.

It will NOT allow me to ACTIVATE twice a month when I am down to ZERO just because one cannot deactivate certain Modules.

I am NOT bitching about Starforce with i.e. the Ka-50 or A10-C which can be deactivated without any problem, I am really upset about the modules you CANNOT deactivate and will get you down to zero in no time if you have to work with your PC as I have to.

Sure, for people who don't mess with their stuff a lot this is irrelevant, for me it is very important and I won't stop until this is solved.

I am very serious about this

Bit

Which are these?

Which are these?

These would be any modules that have been deactivated 10 times, thus using up all deactivations, which do not replenish...ever.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

These would be any modules that have been deactivated 10 times, thus using up all deactivations, which do not replenish...ever.

I understood Bitmaster differently here. This would be the case for A-10C and BS as well. To me, it sounded as if there were differencies between the modules and the way SF is handled by them.

At least we know that the SF for MiG21 (used?) to work a bit differently (hence the many complains ...).

What I wonder - if I understood Bit here right - is, if we have a general problem with SF or specific problems with the SF integration of certain modules.

Ed could use the ilok protection system and do away with licences. In the audio industry licences are downloaded onto iloks (dedicated usb) and as long as the ilok is in the pc you can add remove at your hearts content. I ran out of Black Shark one licence which is 5 years old and as a result was unable to install black shark 2 upgrade. So guess what? I bought black shark 2. Again.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Honestly, it took me 3 days to calm down, 2 dozen spliffs, 2 beers a fight with my PC to run at 5 GHz and a damn Cigar !!!!!!!!!!!!

There are more modules than the Mig-21 that you CANNOT deactivate.

I am busy right now but I will make a complete list.

Afaik all in Beta, Su-27 Camp...

Down to 2 with the Mig

And Big Newy, better read and understand what I wrote before replaying to me again in such a manner.

I have 20 years IT behind me and deal with that stuff daily.

My current DCS is collapsing, crashed while updating, MiG-15 wont install

I guess I loose 1 more Mig and 1 of the others too

As a note, when I run out of lics and it hasnt been solved I will call my lawyer.

MS had to go through this in 1998-2002 until they lost the OEM case in Germany, ever since MS knows how Germany deals with sw lic laws and rights.

I own a copy, I can do what I want, regardless of what MS or ED thinks in USA or CAN or AUS, I live here and my law applies.

Country of purchase is Germany as of newest law, our laws apply a-z.

I am still really pi%%ed as my DCS is crashing now....and I will loose afew more.

Bit :/

BTW...this mainly goes vs SF, not ED.

ED should kick in the same hole as I do to get SF moving.

Just so that readers know what I am absolutely pi//ed about is SF.

Bit

and it hasnt been solved I will call my lawyer.

What if you tried to contact their support first before threatening them with lawyers? You take them to court, you'll probably lose if not the case then a substantial amount of time and effort anyway, because the renumeration (if any) will probably be just peanuts and thus not worth your while.

Now don't get me wrong. If there indeed are DCS licenses out there ATM you can't deactivate, then that's just wrong and should be fixed. But if I were you, I'd still contact ED's support first and see what happens before dragging them to court. Just my $0.002 though.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

StarForce sucks.
Barking up the wrong tree there, my man.

The Starforce DRM system currently used by ED has _nothing_ to do with the old driver-based malware P.O.S. that gave SF a deserved bad name back in the day; rather, what we're probably witnessing here is someone at ED misconfiguring something (or maybe some modules don't even have the deactivation functionality built in yet, I don't know).

But whatever it is, I'm certain it'll be fixed eventually.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

What if you tried to contact their support first before threatening them with lawyers? You take them to court, you'll probably lose if not the case then a substantial amount of time and effort anyway, because the renumeration (if any) will probably be just peanuts and thus not worth your while.

Now don't get me wrong. If there indeed are DCS licenses out there ATM you can't deactivate, then that's just wrong and should be fixed. But if I were you, I'd still contact ED's support first and see what happens before dragging them to court. Just my $0.002 though.

Here in germany we have a foundation, called Verbraucherschutz e.V., you just call them up or visit them in an office near you and they will take over usually if the case is of a wider scope, aka more than your own person is affected. In this case SF's way of not implementing a deactivation violate my right of free use and ownership of software I legally aquired.

It is very simple and as soon as Gamestar or other pages get involved things usually get moving.

For MS it took many years in court but in the end they paid billions and had to accept the law here.

It`s just not right and I am very angry about unfair situations, that's when I jump in in the game with 2 feet. Just my mentality

Here in germany we have a foundation, called Verbraucherschutz e.V., you just call them up or visit them in an office near you and they will take over usually if the case is of a wider scope, aka more than your own person is affected. In this case SF's way of not implementing a deactivation violate my right of free use and ownership of software I legally aquired.

[...]

It`s just not right and I am very angry about unfair situations, that's when I jump in in the game with 2 feet. Just my mentality

There is still no unfair situation going on.

YES, there is a problem with deactivating modules.

YES, you might run out of licences due to that problem.

BUT, as it has been mentioned about a dozen times now, the problem has been acknowledged by ED and is probably going to be fixed soon.

AND, if you are actually arriving at 0 licences ED's customer support is sure going to sort you out.

And pro-tip: Stop with that lawyer/suing/curt-threatening. This is just ridiculous.

If you have a problem with the licences, contact customer support.

Edited by xxJohnxx
  • Like 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• ED Team

It is very simple and as soon as Gamestar or other pages get involved things usually get moving.

For MS it took many years in court but in the end they paid billions and had to accept the law here.

Please open a ticket about this. They can help you with your activation issues.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png