Question WIP F-16 cockpit photos by Wags

mvsgas

First, I hate starting new thread because I'm not sure if this is the right area, EB1 sorry if it's not.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=503375&postcount=343

Ok, I know the cockpit of the F-16 is a WIP and we do not know what block we are getting and don't even know if the F-16 will be added but Any chance I can get a snapshot, or screen photo of the left console on the WIP cockpit for the F-16? The area behind the throttle, on the left side of the cockpit :D:smartass: I got my reasons? please?

If you look at this photo, where it says:"Left console" Panel 13 in the left console, any chance I can see that.

f16acpt.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Looking at the cockpit-layout, it's the modern Block50/52.

More information here:

http://www.xflight.de/pe_org_doc.htm :thumbsup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

We all know it is a WIP so might change. I just wanted to see that panel or the left console if possible.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That is why I need to see that panel. An it look more like a 1990 maybe late 90 model. But we all know it is a WIP so might change.

No it doesn't.

It's the Block50/52 and it's correctly modeled. The Block50/52 that was used until 1996 had a completely different ECM-Panel and was missing the display for the UHF-Frequency. :smilewink:

LayoutF16Pits.jpg

• Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

How about the NVS lighting and the fact that the HSI is not digital? There extra lights around the engines gauges(oil, nozzle, RPM,FTIT) and several other gauges (Hydraulics system A and B, Fuel) Do you see any of the JHMCS mods? I don't. That CMDS panel you refer to has been in block 42/40 since 1997 when I started working on them, same with the UHF panel. So like I said before, I'm pretty sure it looks like a 1990's version, maybe late 90's. We don't even now if it has CMFD.

I was in F-16 cockpit (block 40) last night and it does not look like this

th_f16c_b40.jpg

We have CMFD, digital HSI, NVIS lightning, JHMCS mods ect, that does not show in those photos, don't believe everything you read, even this post, see if you can actually find a photo in the net, you will see the difference.

Edit

I do not know how close they are to you but, try contacting Spangdahlem AB public affairs office maybe they do tours of the base or F-16 and you can see what I mean. Don't base you info on a website, those things are outdated as hell.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To be honest, that is one of the reasons I wanted to see the FLCCS panel. Obviously is not a block 40/42 because of thew small HUD. I do not think it is not a MLU because lack of some switches but I have never being close to, let alone inside a MLU F-16 so, I have no idea how they look like. So in my mind, that leaves blk25,30,32,50,52. If you look at the flight control panels and it only has few switches, then it is a DFLCCS, meaning Blk50/52 if it had a lot of switches and lights for each ISA then in it had a FLCCS, meaning block 25,30 or 32. If it is a block 50/52 I believe it is late 1990's because it does not have NVIS lighting, HSI is not digital.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To be honest, I don't understand why you say it's not a modern (post 1996) Block 50/52?

Here is a photo of the a newer Blk40 F-16 cockpit, note the digital HSI ( middle of the photo next to the "pull to eject handle"). You can also see extra light on fuel gauge, by the PFD, bottom right of the photo.

f16controls.JPG

http://www.heirofgrace.com/?p=380

here is a block 50 hard to see due to the cockpit glare but is there

566138248_61e86b1a20.jpg?v=0

http://flickr.com/photos/chris1/566138248/

here you can see extra light around engine gauges but no CCIP (pronouns C-cip)mods hens no digital HSI.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=184691&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=3a116d1c6d5750cf829d2c304ce75609

http://www.f-16.net/modules/Gallery2/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=184691&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=3a116d1c6d5750cf829d2c304ce75609

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Okay, but they won't model the lights until they have finished the positioning and the size of the panels. As you can see there are different areas still not aligned correctly, especially the fuel-gauge, nozzle-indicator and the engine oil-pressure.

And the digital HSI is not typical for the Block 50/52. It's just a modernized version of the HSI replacing the old avionics.

So I don't see the point why it is in no possible way a Block50/52?

Hey, what do they do with the old HSI's when they replace them with the digital ones? Can I have one? :D

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Okay, but they won't model the lights until they have finished the positioning and the size of the panels. As you can see there are different areas still not aligned correctly, especially the fuel-gauge, nozzle-indicator and the engine oil-pressure.

And the digital HSI is not typical for the Block 50/52. It's just a modernized version of the HSI replacing the old avionics.

So I don't see the point why it is in no possible way a Block50/52?

I did not say it was not a block 50/52 I said it was a late 1990's cockpit and you said it was not in this post. I also said I'm aware it is a WIP and it is subject to change.

No it doesn't.

It's the Block50/52 and it's correctly modeled. The Block50/52 that was used until 1996 had a completely different ECM-Panel and was missing the display for the UHF-Frequency.

I'm just saying it look like a older cockpit.

Hey, what do they do with the old HSI's when they replace them with the digital ones? Can I have one?

I do not know what do they do with old ones, we just turn them in to supply, why do you want one anyway? Try E-bay

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Hey, what do they do with the old HSI's when they replace them with the digital ones? Can I have one? :D

Try google. I just stumbled upon a website, where they sell the old multi-button and lights FLC-panel of the older F-16 versions and various other parts from different machines, primarily cockpit parts.

I'm just saying it look like a older cockpit.

But why? I don't think you must be plain wrong, silly or something. It's a fair thing if you have reasonable doubts, but I'd really like to understand why you think it's not a modern Block50/52, but an (late) 1996 one, though the layout doesn't indicate that?

We will never know until we see the actual game cockpit, but active block 50/52 have all the mods I already stated, AFAIK. Feuerfalke, I'm just saying what I think the model is, I have no more info than you do on the game, I have not idea if I'm correct. Hell I know I'm wrong as a matter of fact since I'm not part of the ED team and have no idea what will be in the final product. I'm just saying the layout of the cockpit to me looks like older cockpit layout, that's all, man.

P.S.

Active USAF block 50/52 that is, I have no idea about other countries F-16

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

why do you want one anyway? Try E-bay

To pull it apart and make it work with my cockpit of course!

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

We will never know until we see the actual game cockpit, but active block 50/52 have all the mods I already stated, AFAIK. Feuerfalke, I'm just saying what I think the model is, I have no more info than you do on the game, I have not idea if I'm correct. Hell I know I'm wrong as a matter of fact since I'm not part of the ED team and have no idea what will be in the final product. I'm just saying the layout of the cockpit to me looks like older cockpit layout, that's all, man.

P.S.

Active USAF block 50/52 that is, I have no idea about other countries F-16

Roger that.

Hopefully we will hear more about the F16 soon :renske:

I don't know what they are planing, this was my fail :D attempt to be slick. I was trying to get and Idea on what block they might be working on by looking at the flight control panel.

I think any block would be fine if they model the current active ones. Most F-16 have been modernize in some way and are capable to carry most missions in most air forces around the world ( I never realize I could used the word "most" so often in one sentence, it has to be a record some where). Very few things are block specific now a day.

To whom it may concern,

I thought that they were planning on a F-16CJ based on what was mentioned on the forums a while back.:thumbup:

Cool.

Then it is the latest, Block 50D, I guess. Though it will be a bit boring on SEADs, with the fully automated Harm I & II and Shrike capability :smilewink: :D

That would suck for the guy in the back seat, He would have nothing to do

To whom it may concern,

That would suck for the guy in the back seat, He would have nothing to do

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse people - my fault. :doh:

The F-16 CJ is the F-16C Block50 (D) with the described software-update. That's the single-seater.

The F-16 DJ is the two-seater with the same package - would be more fun, but I doubt they will implement that version. :(

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse people - my fault. :doh:

The F-16 CJ is the F-16C Block50 (D) with the described software-update. That's the single-seater.

The F-16 DJ is the two-seater with the same package - would be more fun, but I doubt they will implement that version. :(

:D Where do you get this stuff bro?

ThunderChief What are the tasks for "the guy in the back seat"?

It depends on the country AFAIK. For USAF, there no special tasking for the guy in the back seat, the forward pilots has access to all systems same with the back seater. The back seater would be limited in the fact that he can not shutdown the engine from the back seat and he would not be able to go to afterburner. Some blocks of the F-16D, the back pilot does not have a ASHM (pronouns "Ashem") but there is no special tasking for the back pilot.

To whom it may concern,

:D Where do you get this stuff bro?

I have google and way too much time. :D

Basically the guy in the back supports the pilot. He can take over communications with AWACS, tower, wing, etc. but as he can also access targeting sensors and exchange the targets with the pilot, the WSO can also identify and attack a target with the FLIR and LASER, while the pilot uses the RADAR to search for airborne threats or for other targets when in ground-mode.

In general, it's the second brain to use the F-16s systems and an extra pair of hands and eyes in the heat of a battle.