FPS and Mi-8: your experience?

FPS and Mi-8: your experience?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. FPS and Mi-8: your experience?

• YES! Got an even better framerate with Mi-8 than with other modules
    • NO. Can't see any difference.
    • YES. I have a slightly lower fps but it is not a big deal.
    • YES. Mi-8 is hitting real hard on my fps. Not a pleasant experience.

I'm positive it has something to do with the 3D model. Did a quick test with an AI Mi-8 flying over bare land, well outside populated map, at high altitude, no other units in the mission.

Result: some 25 FPS when looking up close, even worse when ground is in field of view. It can get as bad as 18 FPS when sitting on FARP (with no other objects nearby). As I zoom out, my FPS gets better, until it finally tops out my monitor's refresh rate of 60FPS.

Did the same test with UH-1 and got some 30 FPS in the air (not optimal, but still better), and finally with Mi-24 (noticeably less detailed model) = 60 FPS no matter what.

So yes, everything shows to the 3D model - the closer are you viewing it from, the worse your FPS gets. If one high-poly model can eat much more FPS than all those fancy effects, something's not quite right.

msalama,

I have the same system as you with the exception of a GTX 560Ti 2gig video and no SSD and I have such a frame rate hit with the MI8 it is barely flyable and not any fun.

By the way what is the key to bring up the FPS ?

Thanks TurboHog,

I am getting 10 FPS.

I never checked on the Huey or KA50 cause I never had a reason to.

But when I just checked the Huey I am only getting 12 FPS-on the ground with nothing running, SOOOOo I guess it is time to do a clean install !

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• ED Team
Ok. Then maybe it's time for me to upgrade. Interrested though about the 'fresh install' option. Any positive experience on this?

Is positive experience))

Somehow recently I have delete the folder C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\

and then set up all setting again. FPS increased from 19 to 42, at the same settings. Phenomenal:)

FPS increased from 19 to 42, at the same settings. Phenomenal:)

How the framerates fluctuate between different systems is just weird. I personally have never had any reason to reinstall DCSW, because for me the f/s have more or less always stayed where I've put them (30) across all versions.

Well there _was_ a 1.2.3 (IIRC) patch where I got some stutters, but the next iteration more or less fixed that again, so I've just gone the route of patching the original from there on in & am still good... and yeah, more or less using the same old configs as well, with new stuff just manually added in. And still all A-OK...

WTH is the culprit here I wonder, because many folks are really hurting it seems :surrender:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I noticed that disabling the mirrors gave me quit a big FPS jump.

Mirrors are a big FPS hit on all of the aircraft. They look nice but I never fly with them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The problem I have with them, is that they reduce my frames, however to a level which would stil be perfectly flyable. However, the create shutters.

If I open up the advanced system info (RCtrl + Pause two times), the whole text is shuttering there too. The numbers beside "Mirrors" are changing multiple times a second.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I do not believe the MI-8 is the problem, it is something in the 126 patch going over top of old stuff on my machine that caused the problem. I had low FPS on everything. As soon as I reinstalled all of the problem was gone before I even put MI-8 back on. When I did put it back on it does get a lower FPS than the other ACFT by about 25-30fps but everything is working good. I think the patch is the culprit.:music_whistling:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

You get used to it. 20 Is actually pretty smooth. At 24 FPS the human eye can not see frames anymore. So 24 FPS looks the same as 100FPS.

It's true that a human eye cant see single frames above roundabout 25fps. But that doesn't mean that 24fps or even 30fps looks the same as 100fps. And no, 25fps isn't smooth. Its playable, but smooth? Well, never ever. An average human eye WILL see the difference.

Maybe 60fps would even technically look like 100fps because of monitor refresh rates and the difference bteween 60pfs and 100fps is hard to impossible to notice even on a CRT; but I would allways into any bet to differ between 25fps and 60fps.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Seriously , some of you guy put up with under 20fps in DCS World?

That really sucks.

Hummm. Maybe I should have been more precise about my configuration. This would have make my topic more relevant. Here is what I am using to fly Mi-8 (and sometimes Ka50, as you can see, when I don't use my main pit):

Pitlan1.JPG Pitlan2.JPG

These are 24' touchscreen monitors running DCS with Helios.

Now, maybe you have yet to experience multimonitor configuration. You'll quickly understand that what really sucks is to fly single screen. And very high fps is suddenly becoming pretty unrelevant.

Well I don't see any differences but well, let's say, I do have some problems while using the ... GUV-8700 gunpods :D When I summon the steel hailstorm on the poor convoy, fps can be drasticaly low because of huge amount of bullets in the air and CPU can't calculate the physics for every bullet at once and the results are of course low FPS. Hope that will somehow mitigate without impacts on the number of visible bullet tracers because the effect is awesome! :D

http://shrani.najdi.si/?1H/pt/2RFEJEC6/screen130907122602.jpg

(Well in the motion it looks better.)

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is positive experience))

Somehow recently I have delete the folder C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\

and then set up all setting again. FPS increased from 19 to 42, at the same settings. Phenomenal:)

I reinstalled and it fixed all...

Well, seems like I have no choice other than trying it too. Let's start downloading... :yawn:

Just one question, keeping my input files from current 1.2.6 shouldn't break anything, should it? I really don't want to remap inputs for all my modules one after another.

Smooth as silk for me but I do have a pretty up to date system which helps.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

• 5 weeks later...