New Thrustmaster Gear - Live Tweeting

Thank you for giving the updates on twitter. Looking at the roadmap i can see the empty orange circle should be a joystick or joystick/throttle combination.

But as it seems this will take place as early as 2020 or even 2021...

Personally im not interested in the plastic low/middle market stuff. So i guess theres nothing really interesting for the people that would like some highend flightsim gear.

g8PjVMw.png

yeah, and one of Dojo's tweets "just heard a key TM rep say their view of expert hardware is it should have a 10 year life cycle"

would fit that 2020 spot as the Hog released in 2010, so nothing new high end for 4 years going by that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

yeah, and one of Dojo's tweets "just heard a key TM rep say their view of expert hardware is it should have a 10 year life cycle"

would fit that 2020 spot as the Hog released in 2010, so nothing new high end for 4 years going by that

The only problem with their logic, in that regard, is that they never made a set of 'expert' pedals, forcing every single Warthog owner to purchase elsewhere.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Instead of looking at this from the perspective of where I am now... I can remember way back when I was getting my first Pentium 3 PC ostensibly for my return to college, but decked out to be a decent flight sim machine. I didn't know any better and got a Thrustmaster Top Gun stick. It had the B-8 style grip that I love to this very day, but it was utter crap. I saw the Saitek X-36 USB HOTAS at Best Buy and snagged it despite my tight budget. It was such a great setup for that time and to this day it still works 100% despite countless hours flying Jane's USAF, Aces High, and Strike Fighters Project 1.

Up to now, the Saitek X-52 Pro would be the setup I would suggest to anyone that was starting out and could stretch their budget to get it. The Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS setup looks like a good alternative, maybe even a better one. The fact is that as much as I like the Warthog, it comes with a lot of limitations for such an expensive setup. The worst part is the gimbal/spring setup, but the lack of any kind of decent axis for rudder control would have been a big problem for me starting out.

Now, someone could start with just the T16000M stick and get by ok, then get throttle and/or rudder pedals as time and money permitted. This doesn't help me now, but would have been a big hit with me in late 2000.

So, while I am very much disappointed that there was nothing new announced/released at the level of the Warthog HOTAS, I understand that this was still important and good news for the flight sim market... Especially since Saitek (MadCat) appears on the edge of going out of business.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wasnt someone from E.D. at this event? (Groove iirc).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I was disappointed as well. I understand the 10 year logic on hard core HOTAS,lets face it they knocked it outta the park with the Warthog,but there are still things they can do with the Warthog to make us happy and make more money. A full size extension for the stick for starters. I'm gonna hold out hope that they will add an F-18 swappable grip when the Hornet comes out.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

More middle market stuff is desperately needed. Something to offer an alternative to the X-52 would be great. While I'm not interested as my CH Products set up is all I could ever wish for, I really don't think that we need another Warthog. As nice as it would be, there's more profit and benefit to be found in trying to get people started.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Thrustmaster is just up the absolutely most needed product :

An affordable, middle market, HOTAS.

For now, customers had no choice but the ridiculous $aitek X-series, which is basically the same shit for years with a new plastic shell every few years.

This will give a great alternative, especially with their quality stick. you guys all have a hotas and wants another of that kind, however, you are a tiny fraction of the market - they are plenty of people discovering flightsim out there, and have no choice but saitek.

This will help getting more people into serious simming, as Warthog remain some kind of luxury that 99% of the community will never reach.

• Like 1

I am a bit dissappointed. Expected more.

same.

The only problem with their logic, in that regard, is that they never made a set of 'expert' pedals, forcing every single Warthog owner to purchase elsewhere.

I found a new product on their homepage today: Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals

Edit: on Amazon.com

Especially since Saitek (MadCat) appears on the edge of going out of business.

Where did you read this? They'll release the new X-56 "Rhino" later this year, with all the bugfixes from the X-55.

wasnt someone from E.D. at this event? (Groove iirc).

Yep, Groove was there.

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same.

Where did you read this? They'll release the new X-56 "Rhino" later this year, with all the bugfixes from the X-55.

Yep, Groove was there.

Madcatz/$aitek are supposed to be bringing out a new HOTAS range for Star Citizen too, and the one I seen on their reveal was broken :huh:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Thrustmaster is just up the absolutely most needed product :

An affordable, middle market, HOTAS.

For now, customers had no choice but the ridiculous $aitek X-series, which is basically the same shit for years with a new plastic shell every few years.

This will give a great alternative, especially with their quality stick. you guys all have a hotas and wants another of that kind, however, you are a tiny fraction of the market - they are plenty of people discovering flightsim out there, and have no choice but saitek.

This will help getting more people into serious simming, as Warthog remain some kind of luxury that 99% of the community will never reach.

This is useless.. I'd be eerie to get this. Instead, VKB T-rudder pedals sounds more precise. Heck even looks more precise (check out the tail dragger demo vid on youtube).

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks for the info VJS161_Fire!

I need rudder pedals to use it with TM Warthog, but I can't afford MFG Crosswind at the moment and I don't like Saitek very much. Currently I'm flying using pedals of my old Logitech steering wheel as rudder pedals (It's not the best thing to do but better than nothing) so news about TM rudder pedal under 100E is much appreciated!

EDIT: But they look a little to narrow... What do you guys think?

Edited by Mrgud

Saitek (MadCat) appears on the edge of going out of business.

They have been at lost for a few years, but 2015 saw them making some benefits. (source : their 2015 financial report)

I've seen companies "on the edge" staying alive and some other "leaders" getting sold like bread.

Also, regarding Thrusmaster, they are doing very well, and their own 2015 report shows they are aware of growing flight sim community (thanks, shit thunder), and they look into high end market. you can dig their financials thru Guillemot corporation website.

They have been at lost for a few years, but 2015 saw them making some benefits. (source : their 2015 financial report)

I've seen companies "on the edge" staying alive and some other "leaders" getting sold like bread.

2016 hasn't been very promising for Mad Catz.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/8/10939752/mad-catz-executive-board-changes-rock-band-4-earnings

especially troubling is this bit "we took issue with the inconsistent quality of the Mad Catz-designed peripherals" That seems to be the popular opinion of their stuff these days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I thought I heard mentions of new grips for the warthog bases....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for the info VJS161_Fire!

I need rudder pedals to use it with TM Warthog, but I can't afford MFG Crosswind at the moment and I don't like Saitek very much. Currently I'm flying using pedals of my old Logitech steering wheel as rudder pedals (It's not the best thing to do but better than nothing) so news about TM rudder pedal under 100E is much appreciated!

EDIT: But they look a little to narrow... What do you guys think?

Sounds interesting, there's definitely room for more alternatives in the market (in my opinion).

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

I thought I heard mentions of new grips for the warthog bases....

Where?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The failure to make alternative grips for Warthogs/Cougars is a missed opportunity for Thrustmaster, but some other companies are exploiting that interface.

Try buying Saitek products right now (or over the past several months). Things like rudder pedals and sticks have been out of stock or WAY overpriced. If a company is doing well, their best/most popular products are on the shelf or available directly for a fair market price.

So, why is it that they have been out of stock since Christmas? Are most of the their pro-flight products discontinued? Or were they too short on capital to keep up with demand? It doesn't look good to me.

I loved my X-36, X-45, and X-52 Pro. None of them ever really failed me beyond issues with software/drivers that were eventually resolved. But the PC sim controller market is a bit of a niche. I don't know how any company in the market makes it whether they are on the software or hardware side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is an astute call Streakeagle ... I am a CH Products owner (FS/PT/PP/TQ/MFP) and I see the same scenario: the items are there, sometimes, sometimes not and in low quantities ... and the prices are definitely going up!!!

The configuration software that Bob Church wrote for the controllers is top notch, easy to use and very scalable in complexity and programming options. This is what keeps me with CH Products for the time being, that and their durability, but as time goes by I know I will be looking for new controllers some time in the future. The current situation does not inspire.:( The crosswind pedals are good news but what about sticks and throttles of the same quality/programmability?

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]