DCS: F-5E!

Python

That will be the first thing I shut off when I get the Tiger. Had to go with the Top Gun knock off.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same. Although I admire the efforts from the participants from the contest I still feel there could have been a different approach on the theme music. I guess the Top Gun references on these boards are wearing me out also.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like have two graphic engine levels. One for ground forces and the other for air forces, not sure if this is possible.

Twice the amount of work: twice the people working on it four (!) times as much bugs.

Even more when you need to synchronize some functionality between them: when you change one part you always need to verify anything interacting with it does not break.

Amount of bugs increases exponentially with amount of code, not linearly..

And it would not really give any benefits at all: better approach is to give different parameters/data to render at different quality than change the code at all.

It would be utterly stupid to repeat essentially same rendering code and same algorithms just to have different quality levels.

Edited by kazereal

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

And it would not really give any benefits at all: better approach is to give different parameters/data to render at different quality than change the code at all.

Probably this what I wanted to say. I am not programmer, sorry :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so i am not sure about this and to be honest i don't want to read through over 100 pages trying to find the answer but will this module be compatible with dcs 1.5 or just 2 like the gazelle?

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

so i am not sure about this and to be honest i don't want to read through over 100 pages trying to find the answer but will this module be compatible with dcs 1.5 or just 2 like the gazelle?

The F-5 will be available for both versions. Like the Gazelle it just may take some time to integrate. I believe ED is bringing the 1.5 Georgia code up to the 2.0 level. Since they are working with three versions of DCS they are incrementally releasing the modules in each version. So they can squash bugs and test at each step. 1.5 Georgia and 2.0 NTTR are eventually going to be merged into "2.5" I think it is being called.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

v1.5 + v2.0 = v2.5 :megalol:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team

The gazelle is compatible with 1.5, it is just 1.5 has not been patched yet.

As we do not know the release date of the F-5 we do not know if it will be before or after the merge. Only time will tell.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The gazelle is compatible with 1.5, it is just 1.5 has not been patched yet.

As we do not know the release date of the F-5 we do not know if it will be before or after the merge. Only time will tell.

I think that Belsimtek said that the F-5E will come out in may.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And do we have solid word that the 2.5 merge wont be in may?

Id say probably not in may but i dont think we have heard them say for sure when 2.5 will be released (an estimate for month etc)

I hope that 2.5 will happen at the same time as the release of F-5E. The current system, with two separate versions and an open beta (that was supposed to be discontinued) is not working well. Its also very frustrating and confusing trying to keep track of what module-feature/update works and in wich version... it is a real mess right now.

Hope they release tomorrow.Would fall in line when they said a month a month ago.Can always hope will be day 1 buy.:thumbup:Thought 2.5 was a far off?

Edited by pegleg1972

MODULES: FC3, M2000C, L-39C/ZA, UH-1H HUEY, A-10C WARTHOG, F-86F SABRE,MIG-15, MIG-21, KA-50,Hawk,P-51 and Nevada.

And do we have solid word that the 2.5 merge wont be in may?

Id say probably not in may but i dont think we have heard them say for sure when 2.5 will be released (an estimate for month etc)

To address the statement about the F-5E in may. This is from the BelSimtek website...

F-5E Tiger II development news

After the successful, final release of the DSC: F-86 Sabre and DCS: MiG-15bis modules, the Belsimtek team is now focused on bringing DCS: F-5E Tiger II to Early Access within the next month. In the meantime, Belsimtek continues to edit the F-86F Sabre English manual and prepare DCS: Mi-8MTV2 for its final release.

http://www.belsimtek.com/news/

Now how this ties into the launch of the merge is another question entirely. As we have seen from other recent modules the developers, I guess, are still working and maintaining for the 2 versions 1.5 & 2.0. I missed on my prediction that we would see the merge in April, but I am hopeful for the may launch.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Not that I was expecting the f-5 today but I would be so happy if it did come. I'm hyped for starways textures but getting both would be amazing.

Any idea if Nevada will be available with this in a bundle?

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

Not that I was expecting the f-5 today but I would be so happy if it did come. I'm hyped for starways textures but getting both would be amazing.

Any idea if Nevada will be available with this in a bundle?

ED is always running promotion with bundles it seems. A particular bundle with the F-5 may not happen when it is released, and I would be surprised if it didn't happen, but I am sure somewhere in the not too distant future it will happen.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

well the weekend new is kinda dead, but considering how much they teased the gazelle before they released it and how they have not shown the F-5 is making this Within a month more like within 3 months.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

well the weekend new is kinda dead, but considering how much they teased the gazelle before they released it and how they have not shown the F-5 is making this Within a month more like within 3 months.

The Amount of teasing / marketing is up to the 3rd party developing the Module.

And not ED.

And as stated Belsimtek has a history of releasing the product without that much fuzz or long pre-order period etc.