[REPORTED]Ghost in the engine or "I didn´t do that"

iFoxRomeo

DaedraCross´ "Gear collapse" report lead to an interesting finding.

I made a short video to demonstrate the problem. The video is shortened by 1 minute.

I only made the Dora "ready for engine start". Neither did I start the flywheel, nor did I pull the starter.

Throttle position to "start" is done by key command and throttle movement is done by joystick. Regarding aircraft control everything else is done by mouse klick.

Additionally the track and the mission files are attached.

The mission is a new one with little weather changes to 03004ms and 0.1ms gusts, 15°C.

One Dora placed at Nellis.

DCSW: 2.0.2.52369 open alpha

Fox

dora self.miz

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

It's the wind.

Notice how You don't have to restart warbirds in air, as the windmilling prop coupled with magnetos on and fuel on, will restart the engine itself, cause it's turning.

In DCS all three warbirds suffer from a glitch at the moment, when even light wind breeze rotates the prop, thus cranking the engine. So it's the same mechanism as above. I would hazard a guess such a slow cranking speed should not cause a startup (another glitch?), but it is what it is. You won't reproduce this behaviour in no-wind conditions.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

Correct, most likely the wind.

Bug is reported internally #0030656

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Ghost busted.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• 2 weeks later...