DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

No they don't. :)

I meant just the A-10C which, last time I checked, does. I can't say anything without taking lots of crap!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey GGT, now let me get this straight...

what is the time period for Black Shark anyway? I'm sure i missed it somewhere, so a little help, please? With talk about the A10C I guess it's fairly recent history we're looking at, like later than the mid nineties? Maybe 2003?

thanks,

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Ok, I stand corrected...

Out

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Will it be possible to insert Infantry to the Battlefield with the Mi24? (Troop Transport Missions)

A very advanced air-to-surface radar modeling system is being developed internally and we'll show screens and videos down the road (not soon though).

I am wondering a bit.

Some parts of the Radar of the F-16c AN/APG-68 Radar are still classified.(At least some of the Air-to-Air Radar)

You told us, that ED won't bring out Aricrafts that have classified parts.

What happend?

And/Or what Block of the F-16c you will release?

If I correctly remember the AN/APG-68 will be in since Block 25 in 1983/84. So it must have the AN/APG-66 Radar(F-16 Block 15), if it isn't still partial classified. A bit too old, don't you think?

Another question...maybe I overread it in other Threads...how big in kmІ will be the Theaters in DCS:BS? (Not exactly..just about)

edit: I don't want to sound negative...I simply ask :)

Will it be possible to insert Infantry to the Battlefield with the Mi24? (Troop Transport Missions)

I am wondering a bit.

Some parts of the Radar of the F-16c AN/APG-68 Radar are still classified.(At least some of the Air-to-Air Radar)

What happend?

And/Or what Block of the F-16c you will release?

If I correctly remember the AN/APG-68 will be in since Block 25 in 1983/84. So it must have the AN/APG-66 Radar(F-16 Block 15), if it isn't still partial classified. A bit too old, don't you think?

Another question...maybe I overread it in other Threads...how big in kmІ will be the Theaters in DCS:BS? (Not exactly..just about)

edit: I don't want to sound negative...I simply ask :)

Keep in mind that the F-16C starts in the block 25 and the APG-68 has 8 or 9 different versions and each version has different upgrades also. They could have acquired manual from the older blocks and still be accurate without showing any classified stuff. F-16C is the more varied of the models, covering from block 25 to 52+ and every block has different capabilities depending on the updates that a specific model has gone through. Very different blocks when you look at their capabilities, avionics, engines and many structural changes. If they make a F-16C (keep in mind ED said they might, no promises, I think) it could be a block 25. That means no GBU, no targeting pod, no HTS and no HARMs. Maybe no AMRAAM, depends of the version of block 25 ( they have being updated over the years and now can carry more weapons) You could have a block 25 with a F-100-PW-220 or 220E or 229 (some guard units re-engines theirs with 229 IIRC) You may have a APG-68 version 5 mod 3 etc.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

the AN/AAQ-28 Litening AT pod can be carried by all verities of the A-10. The A-10A ,A-10A/A+ on stations 3/9 or the A-10C on stations 2/10. The A-10C can all so be fitted with the Sniper XR/ATP pod on stations 2/10 or 3/9.

AN/AAQ-28 Litening AT links

http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/solutions/litening/

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/litening.htm

Sniper XR/ATP Links

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/atp.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_Sniper_XR

http://www.defense-update.com/directory/sniper-xr.htm

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=7589

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I don't know about this info. I never seen a A-10A with a TGP. Let alone use it. This website says is has been "combat proven" on "F-16 blocks 15M-52" Hmm... I have work on F-16 for 11 years (granted only block 40/42) but I have never seen a TGP on a block 25... Did ED built a simulator program for USAF on the A-10A and A-10C? I know for sure they know more about it that I do. Sorry my two cent.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Last I hear, at the current time the game engine just treats infantry as vehicles that can't be seen until they open fire and may not even be included in the release. So the answer is most likely that its "too early to say".

In any case I am personally am looking forward to seeing a Hind with Fab-100 MBDs, GUV-8700 pods and a cargo compartment that could be any combination of:

1) Empty

2) Cargo

3) A team of observers

4) A full team of soldiers

5) Medivac

6) One door gunner with a single gun

7) One door gunner with two guns (one on each side)

8) Two door gunners with two guns (ie. each gun operated)

9) Empty with the armour plates removed in order to save weight

10) Extra ammunition for self reloading near the battlefield

... or so I dream...

FC was an add-on for a Ubisoft published product.

The only (I admit - it's strong:)) argument for calling FC an addon is it couldn't work without basic Lock On. Altough features of FC (including those not listed as main features!) make me think that calling it addon is insulting this title compared to LO. Just joking ;) Carry on with answering some more sensible posts.

What happend?

Any military aircraft in service today and worth simulating will have some classified elements, including the Ka-50 and all of the other aircraft currently in development as listed in the update. The question is - how much unclassified data is available.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Could be possible with triggers, make a note of the time the Mi lands..then have a trigger spawn at that time +5 seconds or so with the troops.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Does that mean that the Block -49A doesn't use GPS at all, or is it (like in the Ka-50) just not integrated with the INS/Doppler Navigation System.

Older Apaches used a standalone GPS unit that didn't talk to the rest of the aircraft at all. In fact, we used them in our trucks as well as our Apaches. The only permanent part was the externally mounted antenna. When you put it in the aircraft, it was placed under the radios along the right side of the CPG's seat, and you just plugged in the power and antenna and off you went.

I've attached a picture of the one that we used during Desert Storm.

army.mil-2008-02-21-161004.thumb.jpg.a0c25d3af4713feec2fefc136d89e408.jpg

• Like 1

And additionally, what are the features/lack thereof that distinguish the AH-64A Blk. -49A from other A-Blocks? The FAS page here mentions that upgrades included rotor and fuel tank modifications, 2nd generation FLIR (whatever that means)

The "rotor" being referred to is the gas generator rotors of the engines, to make them less prone to failure as the engines age. The fuel tank modification is an add-on that could be inserted in the place of the removable 30mm ammo pack. It holds 130 gallons of fuel (about an hour of flight time) and reduces the 30mm ammunition load from 1200 down to 240 rounds. The 2nd Gen FLIR they are talking about is the Arrowhead system, which I do not think has been added to the A-models, only the D-models (I'm not positive on this, though).

And what about Data Link, I take it the A-models don't have that yet, only the Longbows, right?

From my understanding, Data Link capabilities were never installed in A-models for anything other than testing and were never part of a planned upgrade for the entire fleet, so your statement should be correct.

• Like 1

So the question then is if the DCS Apache will feature that "Nüvi"? :)

I'm sure (at least I hope) that the -49 Apaches have a better GPS installed. The one I was referring to was the first type ever installed on an Apache, back in 1990. I believe that GPS functionality became part of the CDU (another nice thing we didn't have back in the day).

It's interesting, reading these posts about this block and that upgrade, and that sensor suite. It's really a great compliment to Eagle Dynamics, that they've created such a highly detailed model of the Ka-50, that these types of questions are even possible. When I started simming, questions were more along the lines of "does it have a 3d cockpit?" On the other hand, the manuals were much better back then.

Until now :)

We're only asking such detailed questions about specific blocks and sytems, because we know that if ED is going to model a particular aircraft, that all of the systems will be there, and work.

Well, sign me up for the Su-27, F-15C and F-16C modules (in that order)! Please do try to get hold of the required info for a Mirage 2000 (C-RDI) or a C-model Hornet (APG-65), though ;) I'd take those over the Eagle and Falcon.

• ED Team

Just a couple points that came up after reading the last day of posts:

1- We are now just developing the basic AG radar rendering capability such as RB, SAR, GMTI etc. We have not started modeling a specific radar yet. That comes later and will be based on available data.

2- While we wanted to give you all a heads up of what is in the pipe (and a ray of hope to the air-to-air fans), we do not want to go into further detail about modules other than the Ka-50 at this time. Mainly because those modules are still very much in flux and we want to keep the focus on the Ka-50 for now. In time, further details will be released.

Also, I just finished up a new producer's note that should be up within a week.

Thanks,

Matt

While I'm happy with the list, especially the Mi-24, I would like to know if you consider adding any european aircraft in the future or if DCS will be another cold war style sim with USA vs Russia technology?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]