AvioDev C-101 Release Announcement

Tango

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what cichlidfan is talking about. We have released exactly zero products. What other developers choose to do...

My mistake then. I seem to recall you being part (Lead Developer, IIRC) of that 'other' developer's team, as well. Your sig has changed slightly, so perhaps that is no longer the case.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

And looks much more weathered, as in the Hawk, IMO.

Kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya, it's a beautiful cockpit. Nice subtle weathering. Not overdone.

So, question (and I'm sure it's been asked several times) ... when ED does support same aircraft multi-player, will there be a plan to implement that into the C-101. Funny enough, I don't care that much about multi-player but I'd like to be able to switch seats even in single player.

find a review on ytb

[Youtube]uIerjmD_56s

Thank you for this link.

I noticed that close to the end of the flight, after a dive and pull-up, the attitude indicator is not working properly anymore. On landing it shows a 30 degrees bank in straight flight. There appears to be a cage know, but considering this plane is fully aerobatic the attitude should be working even after heavy maneouvres?

Avio: what's the plan now? Sell the Jet with SFM and AFM patch or AFM as extra DLC? If AFM is extra DLC I won't buy it. Raise the price and AFM for free is ok.

Take care, you have two planes and AFM as an extra, you need to take care and bug fixing of 4 different flight models...

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

As much as I like the HAWK (I bought it with EFM Upgrade), please do not start this coming up and selling FULL Modules with Simple Flight Model. This is not a DCS Standard anyone will like to see.

We have now also EFM for most of the FC3 planes (Mig 29 and Su 33 will also be developed) so why starting budget Full Modules with SFM? I don't get it, really.

VEAO started this with the HAWK (and I understand why they did) but this has not to be the new standard now. I don't like this idea, especially for Multiplayer.

Estoy ansioso por volarlo, ahora tendré que buscar voluntarios para hacer acrobacia con él, al estilo Patrulla Águila.

Mucha suerte con el lanzamiento.

Looking forward to fly this baby. Now I have to search for volunteers to perform some aerobatics with it, Patrulla Águila style.

Good luck with the release.

RqCyOHEFc8w

AFAIK the aircraft's parts were manufactured by different companies (CASA, MBB, and some American company I forgot) and they just kept the english labels on some instruments, and the spanish ones on others. It is supposed to be accurate with the originals.

My source: VJS161_Fire asked Tango and mentioned the answer in his video.

EDIT: It was Northrop.

Edited by Aginor

I believe some items like the virtual horizon and the compass, are off-the shelf items bought from an international manufacturer. Edit: ^what Aginor said.

As for "Flaps," I guess that would be an English loanword in Spanish (like virtual is a Latin loanword in English.)

Edited by emg

As much as I like the HAWK (I bought it with EFM Upgrade), please do not start this coming up and selling FULL Modules with Simple Flight Model. This is not a DCS Standard anyone will like to see.

We have now also EFM for most of the FC3 planes (Mig 29 and Su 33 will also be developed) so why starting budget Full Modules with SFM? I don't get it, really.

VEAO started this with the HAWK (and I understand why they did) but this has not to be the new standard now. I don't like this idea, especially for Multiplayer.

I agree. That's why I am holding off on buying any Third Party Modules until they are complete with EFM. A clickable cockpit -- as nice as that is -- is no substitute for a sub-par flightmodel, considering the high quality AFM that ED is providing.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I agree. That's why I am holding off on buying any Third Party Modules until they are complete with EFM. A clickable cockpit -- as nice as that is -- is no substitute for a sub-par flightmodel, considering the high quality AFM that ED is providing.

An this is where the money gets important. Perhaps the developers don't have enough money to also implement the EFM?

Think of Microsoft and Windows. They also didn't start with Windows 7, but with DOS. Even ED started with Lock On and continuesly developed further.

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

I don't mind supporting them now, even if there's only SFM, but that's on the condition that the E/P/AFM version is the only available version in the end. I won't support modules that split the community and hurt the general soft's authenticity and quality.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't mind supporting them now, even if there's only SFM, but that's on the condition that the E/P/AFM version is the only available version in the end. I won't support modules that split the community and hurt the general soft's authenticity and quality.

THIS! Exactly this is it! I'm totally willing to pay the FULL Module price for the Beta when there is still SFM but there must be EFM only in the full release version. Everything else doesn't make any sense to me.