Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

beczl. Maybe I have missed something in the thread (80 pages now lol), I set up a F-15C USA against 4xMiG-21bis RUS. F-15C had 120's but did not fire them, and instead used cannon at close range. All was AI @ excellent settings. I wonder why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what cause this. We tested the AI against all planes, SAMs, AAA's and it works great. The planes missile usage is belong several circumstances and sometimes the AI do a lot of silly things. did you use any other mod especially F-15?

Did you have a track for this mission? If yes pls. send me for debugging and send me also the ...\Temp\error.log for further analising.

I don't know what cause this. We tested the AI against all planes, SAMs, AAA's and it works great. The planes missile usage is belong several circumstances and sometimes the AI do a lot of silly things. did you use any other mod especially F-15?

Did you have a track for this mission? If yes pls. send me for debugging and send me also the ...\Temp\error.log for further analising.

OK I'll make a track now. This is only a problem on a seperate installation FC2.0 for MiG-21bis. It also effects F-15C vs MiG-29 etc. Its is not a problem on the original installation I have before MiG-21bis. F-15C mods are just the GyS model. I'll make a track...

from Error.log

2011/8/1 12:49 V810271318

World::LoadPlugins: Loaded plugin module CockpitBase.dll

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 9386178

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 9386178

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2009, Month:6, Day:1

loaded from mission Scripts/World/GPS_GNSS.lua

loaded from mission Config/View/SnapViewsDefault.lua

loaded from mission Config/View/SnapViews.lua

loaded from mission Config/View/View.lua

loaded from mission Config/View/Server.lua

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Айтодорский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Ялта NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Кыз-Аул NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Сухумский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Мыс Евпаторийский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Тарханкутский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Железный Рог NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Мыс Херсонесский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Потийский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Анапский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Батумский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Кодошский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

ComplexTask::open_state(). Precached tasks data loading.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Follow_Line" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Follow_Vector" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Follow_Vector_Old" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Approach" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Cannon_Ground_Attack" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Rocket_Attack" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Level_Bombing" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Dive_Bombing" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Missile_Ground_Target_Attack" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Missile_Ground_Target_Level_Attack" task data loaded.

WARNING: multiple connectors "smoke" in model ".\Bazar\Terrain\Structures\High\TEC_A.lom"

loaded from mission Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/CustomHuman.lua

WARNING: multiple connectors "Point12" in model "SU-27"

WARNING: multiple connectors "Point10" in model "SU-27"

WARNING: multiple connectors "Point12" in model "SU-27"

WARNING: multiple connectors "Point10" in model "SU-27"

20110801 124949 ERROR SOUND: source_is_playing(-1): invalid source

Dispatcher::Can't execute Lua file Scripts/Aircrafts/su-27/Cockpit/device_init.lua - cannot open Scripts/Aircrafts/su-27/Cockpit/device_init.lua: No such file or directory

loaded from mission Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/birds.lua

DXDefTexture: failed to load Droptank_800l_mig-21_RUS.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

LastMissionTrack.trk

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok. It seems no any Mig-21 related error at the error log except the known 800ldroptank issue. But I seen a lot of other's as well. Which localized version FC2 did you use? English, Russian German or other?

Anyway I'll check the track today evening when I at home. Thanks for the issue report.

Add new weapons? Add new weapons where? F-15C? Its the same old 120-C's mate.

I think he means any mod that modify some lua's for example payload configs, skins etc... cause a similar issue because if you have a wrong character in a wrong place the program didn't recognize for example your missiles.

Edited by beczl

Ok. It seems no any Mig-21 related error at the error log except the known 800ldroptank issue. But I seen a lot of other's as well. Which localized version FC2 did you use? English, Russian German or other?

Anyway I'll check the track today evening when I at home. Thanks for the issue report.

I think he means any mod that modify some lua's for example payload configs, skins etc... cause a similar issue because if you have a wrong character in a wrong place the program didn't recognize for example your missiles.

Here's what i found out... that track I attached. On my normal FC2.0 installation the F-15C engages when I replay the track.... on the MiG-21bis installation the track replays without the F-15 engaging. weird. So much for tracks actually been reliable. Seems I'll have to make a acmi aswell.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/600721/Tacview-20110801-140150.txt.acmi

^^ Same track normal FC2.0

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/600721/MiG-21FC2.0.acmi

Track as it plays in MiG-21bis

All from the same track!!! 47kb!!

EDIT: Its the English version.

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 beczl

Another question about loading of the GUV. Now it shoots shells from GSh-23 and... american cartridges from a machine gun M2... :)

But in the real machine-gun version of GUV is has one Yakb-12,7 and two GShG-7,62. Original ammunition for YAKB-12,7 and 7.62-bullet content in LockOn.

Why do you use uncorrect ammunition?

No mate, add new weapons in the the game.

I didn't add new weapons besides what is in this mod.

EDIT: Strangely, it will use AIM-9's, AIM'7's though just not 120's. :( maybe some corrupt file....

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 beczl

Another question about loading of the GUV. Now it shoots shells from GSh-23 and... american cartridges from a machine gun M2... :)

But in the real machine-gun version of GUV is has one Yakb-12,7 and two GShG-7,62. Original ammunition for YAKB-12,7 and 7.62-bullet content in LockOn.

Actually it shows M2 12 7 in the log even when you shoot with the internal gun GSh-23L.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

2 beczl

No it won't. The GUV use same Yakb-12,7 gun settings in Guns.lua like Mi-24V.

The internal GS-23L use the OH-58 Browning Pod slot and it's name must be untouched it's "M2_12_7_T". The shell parameters changed according to the 23mm Бронебойно-зажигательный (БЗ) API ammo

EDIT: Strangely, it will use AIM-9's, AIM'7's though just not 120's. :( maybe some corrupt file....

Hello.

I checked the problem. You're right. If any Mig-21 is in the air the AIM-120 won't work correctly. Thanks for your report. We will working to fix it untill this weekend.

Not sure whether it has been noted nut the afterburner cone of all other planes is gone.

Love the way all switches move when you start/stop the engine :thumbup:

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Not sure whether it has been noted nut the afterburner cone of all other planes is gone.

Love the way all switches move when you start/stop the engine :thumbup:

Yes it caused the custon AFB in Mig-21. I insert a short notice annout that in the V2.1 manual. Thanks.

Yeah unfortunately I can't set up the correct startup sequence. So it switch on/off in bunch..

Edited by beczl

Hello.

I checked the problem. You're right. If any Mig-21 is in the air the AIM-120 won't work correctly. Thanks for your report. We will working to fix it untill this weekend.

Thanks. I thought i was going crazy... computer was going to fly out window. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beczl added new weapons to Mig-21. I tell you what happens, if you add new weapon to the game and the game runs without a flaw then its ok, but if you add a new weapon and the game crashes a few time its corrupts certain files, I don't know which, than you have this problem. I did add a few weapons to my game but when whenever I forgot something and game crash a few time problem starts.

@Beczl: You now know what are correct settings and additions you need to make for you weapons of Mig-21, what you do is write those things in FC2 install which is problem free, also don;t let the game crash when you test it I mean trial and error and then release it. I'm sure you won't have problem then.

Hi all... I've made some changes to beczl's MiG-21 mod and added former Yugoslavia as a country and made a skin of former "JRViPVO".

I managed to get 1 skin and be able to change the aircraft number on the front fuselage to 3 digits using a workaround (putting 2 numbers in space of 1 number texture) and it looks good... the lacking is still that I can't get that same number to display on RHS of the main wings and tail as existing on the real thing.

If anyone wants to try it out here is the DOWNLOAD LINK

To install you need to have beczl's MiG-21BIS mod installed first... then you extract this WinRAR archive into main folder... and you need to add new cdds line in Graphics.cfg for file .../Bazar/World/_MIG-21_YUG.cdds file.

PS: To get the 3 digit number, for example number 109, pick skin No 10__ then set number in flight to 90 (I've set 0 as empty texture so it doesn't show)... if you want number 212, pick skin No 21__ and set aircraft number to 20. Sorry I couldn't get all combinations working as I had to use 1 with double digit on single digit texture (to have enough space), so you can't have aircraft number 222 for example.

@Beczl... if you want you can use this skin in your next version.. and I would hope you are able to make some changes and add more number textures on RHS of the main wing (upper and under side) and the tail

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Sorry guys to anyone that downloaded the above file, I forgot to exclude the folder in which I saved the files, so if you just extracted the WinRAR archive it won't work because that folder is included.

I've made a new archive and uploaded and above post is edited with new link, sorry again, sometimes the hands are faster then head :)

scr110803203233.jpg

scr110803203333.png

screenshot001sxs.jpg

screenshot000v.jpg

screenshot002cj.jpg

PS: bottom 2 images don't show country because I used Free Camera (CTL-F11) when I made a screenshot

scr110803203233.jpg

Edited by Kuky

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

:cry:

Kuky, this is what I get now:

ScreenShot_004.thumb.jpg.36c9f8a99374297f42d9cf1b95596fa5.jpg

I can choose Yugoslavia, but with Yugoslav Bis I have no skin (this is not happening with other countries).

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by igormk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Kuky: Great skin the V2.1 will contain this Country and skin as well.

PS: Is it possible to add more textures for markings like to add plane # on the tail and wings?