DCS F-35A

Wags

We are located in sunny Southern California... and thank you for taking the time to write. FYI we will have our own servers on for F-35 guys so we can all learn and fly together. I've will be designing a T-50 for use as an AI aircraft, but the implementation into the "Whole World" is a bit tricky. We are still learning about all of the great applications available in the DCS code so stay tuned.

We have already started with documentation and with our 3D model. The model has not been implemented into the DCS sim yet so I hesitate to show Studio Max shots - not that anybody would yell foul! smile. I'm writing the pilot interface document and system requirements including degraded modes. It's just what I did with the B-2 & F-22. I can tell you that we are very confident on our schedule - based on early development

thank you again eagle

great news all

nice to read you are going to make a T-50 AI, however B-2 and F-22 AIs would be great as well in DCSW

unfortunately nothing is easy in DCSW but tricky - all we know :D but to implement an AI aircraft is not too hard - if you have a nice 3D model, you done it 80%

oh, please show the max model(s), we have sharp eyes and we can help if you need some ;)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;1788652']I see my reputation power went from 7 to 0 just for expressing my honest opinion. It's ok. It was 0 and got to 7 for one good post about fixing crashes.

This F-35 looks like FighterOps.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99293

Nothing in flyable form was ever released.

They did, however, collect money support and donations through the years of promises and even posted screenshots and videos of aircraft and Area 51..

This is one good example, and a simple Google search will show others.

The KickStarter program is what they want people to participate in.

However, some donation money or support from the community is not enough in order to develop a full module for DCS in a timely manner, you need real capital and developers, and detailed aircraft and graphical data also, which is mostly classified for F-35.

Calling this a scam is a bit harsh and premature, I agree, I might have rushed with my conclusions, or at least the labeling of this project as a hoax. This was based on 20 years of flight sim experience (Remember LHX? How about SOPWITH? :), and I've seen people get excited and then greatly disappointed before.

Only time will tell.

Kickstarter worked great for Star citizen, MechWarrior, in the end players end up spending much more money than what they would for a boxed game in the old times. Its a successful business model and it seems its sticking as more and more editors pour into the bandwagon.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks Scorpion for writing. And thank you for keeping an open mind - I believe trust must be earned so I can understand your concern. I'm looking forward to earning yours - this is not just about building a sim, its about doing what we said we would and can do.

Yes, we are so excited by the opportunity the DCS has given us. We want to, in the future, build Taiwan and the coast of China. We are also looking forward to building a WWII game in the Pacific. F4U & Zero would be our first aircraft. I do believe its smart to build in pairs. Every David needs a Goliath...

Eagle13,

I've looked at your website and seems like you have a good basic knowledge of the aircraft. I watched your youtube videos and they are pretty cool. I'm very interested in this aircraft and would love to see it come to the DCS world.

Are you planning on having the three variants of it modeled? Specifically will you have the Navy/Marine one modeled? Either way, should be awesome to have a fifth generation fighter.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Lets see some of those 3DSMAX renderings that he mentioned, then decide on the validity to support the KickStarter program for this specific project.

There may be full textures and mesh model and everything and all the tools, but most of it is in the coding/testing and the support of the developer.

I do see ED's support being mentioned, so I'm going to change my attitude from highly pessimistic to somewhat hopeful. :)

We do need to see some pictures larger than 100x100 pixels.

Please, render a couple and show us to keep the dream alive.

Thanks.

RAH-66 Comanche would be a great addition with stealth in order to get closer to launch against TORs, OSAs, BUKs, etc.

Everything has been declassified about that helicopter.

My first computer and my ED collection:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I won FC1 in the original Lock On Tournament in 2005:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=8805

;1788677']Lets see some of those 3DSMAX renderings that he mentioned, then decide on the validity to support the KickStarter program for this specific project.

I agree Scorpion that is would be nice to see some images of the aircraft in the DCS world. One of the reason I aided the MIG-21 project was because he has images/video of the aircraft in the DCS world. Afterall, anyone can draw a plane....but putting it into our world is the hard part.

I'm still optomistic and hopefull that they will succeed.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Tip for the Kinney make a small charge to participate in alpha that the best way to get rid of haters who always goanna hate. And get real feed back from people that do care and will help you with improving your product

Good idea! I like this. :thumbup:

Yes, we are so excited by the opportunity the DCS has given us. We want to, in the future, build Taiwan and the coast of China. We are also looking forward to building a WWII game in the Pacific. F4U & Zero would be our first aircraft. I do believe its smart to build in pairs. Every David needs a Goliath...

wonderful, finally someone realizes benefits of releasing modules in pairs - you can come up with an X-wing if you bring the Tie fighter too

or a Fokker DR1 Triplane & a Spad - and everybody will like it, does not matter how nicely fit that pair of modules in DCSW (or not) coz everyone will get his opponent

and finally: new Map(s) - Thank You My Lord :worthy: :)

by the way: RAH-66 Comanche very welcomed too :bounce: - and if you need a Comanche Expert you need to contact with Shein :thumbsup:

http://forum.lockon.ru/member.php?u=87801

sign-pic4.jpg

Sorry, but can't believe any F-35 module should be able to bear the tag DCS.

If it wasn't for the fact that it simply can't be done, then it would be for the fact that it's impossible for anyone but the DEV's to verify it's accuracy.

And don't forget, to get the DCS tag. not only the aircraft needs to be modeled right.

Also it's weapons.

Highly skeptical on this one. And i hope it will be rebranded to something else than "DCS".

Funny enough, when people here where asking for ED to model things like F-35, F-22 and PAK-FA the response of ED (moderators) was that's its not possible..........

And now, all of a sudden............ you catch my drift.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Good news about the Corsair and Zero - though maybe not so good news for the Zero pilot as even the A6M5 Type 0 Model 52 which was the best model was outclassed by the Corsair. The Ki-84 would probably be a better head-to-head match-up but maybe doesn't have the same magic Zero name to help with sales.

• ED Team

A few comments after skimming this thread:

1- More so than ever, we carefully vet a third party developer that we partner with. We do not provide an official DCS development license lightly. Both myself and our studio director had long discussions with KI and we both believe that they are up to the task given their past experience, staff skill set, data / SME access, finances and professionalism. Over the years we have been approached by many "scammers", KI is certainly not one of them.

2- While we do not expect the F-35 systems to be 100% accurate, we don't expect them to be. I'm sorry to break the news, but several of the A-10C systems are missing and a few more I had to redesign due to sensitivity issues. However, we believe (like the A-10C), KI can provide a close proximity to the real aircraft to the "DCS level". I think many of you would be surprised just how much open source data there is on the F-35.

3- Rather than rush to judgement now, how about letting KI prove or disprove our confidence in them? As I like to say, the proof will be in the pudding.

Matt

• Like 2

Many of you must not be old enough to have had the pleasure of letting your mind fill in for all the gaps in realism when playing legacy games (which were just as fun). How many hours did I play MicroProse F-19 Stealth Fighter. Or EF2K, EECH, or Total Air War. All with proxy avionics that with highly speculative functionality. Who cares if they have to WAG a bit on F-35 systems..? Can't you suspend your disbelief for a few hours to play a game? Me - I hope they come out with something like a Lite and Pro version or something that will go the distance toward ultimate realism.

Looking forward to this. As a techie/button pusher fanatic...this looks awesome.

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R
  • Like 1

A little question, WW2 environment can be your Teather or Taiwan / China coast can be them?