thoughts about the campaign

I finished it yesterday, and all in all, I must say I really enjoyed it.

Missions are not particularly difficult; nonetheless they require some effort to complete.

The most fun ones have been the ground attack ones to me, employing the flanker in such role is an uncommon but fulfilling experience.

There is maybe some little frustration in air combat, but it's due to the current unfinished state of the Flanker and specially the development stage of the AA missiles in general.

That means, that I'm probably play the campaign again, at some other time, maybe when EDGE is out and the AA missiles models are better rendered.

One thing's for sure: ED, keep the DLC campaigns coming! I'm an avid SP player (not that I don't do MP, but I normally prefer to play all the SP campaign and missions to consumption, before using a mod in MP), but I think this simulator needs some constant flow of SP material too. AFAIK, I'll buy any DLC campaign that comes out - if they are atl east on par with Ultimate Argument, they are totally worth their cost

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• 3 weeks later...

One thing's for sure: ED, keep the DLC campaigns coming! I'm an avid SP player (not that I don't do MP, but I normally prefer to play all the SP campaign and missions to consumption, before using a mod in MP), but I think this simulator needs some constant flow of SP material too. AFAIK, I'll buy any DLC campaign that comes out - if they are atl east on par with Ultimate Argument, they are totally worth their cost

I totally agree, creating more campaigns is one of the best ways to keep the game interesting. I think that creating more campaigns will be great for both developers and players than developing tons of aircraft, IMO.

If DCS has ~10-15 highly detailed (DCS level modules) that is (somewhat) evenly distributed among modern/early jet/WWII, then adding a lot more planes may not be as much fun as adding more campaigns and maps.

Everyone is different, but after starting with Prepar3D and buying some add-on aircraft 5 months ago, I find myself flying the same 1 or 2 aircraft ~95% of the time. I almost always fly the Aerosoft F-14A (which is excellent, BTW!, especially for a P3D fighter) with occasional-to-rare flights in the EE Lightning, F-104, and F-84.

I imagine many others will pick a favorite and prefer to fly 1 or 2 planes nearly all the time, so adding more content in the form of campaigns and maps will allow us to enjoy our favorite things for longer and get a lot more out of DCS.

I'm not saying that DCS should limit development once a few more modules are out. It would be awesome if DCS has 40-50 DCS level modules available in ~5 years, but developing these modules should not be at the expense of the other content like campaigns and maps.

-Nick

I just got this also given the sale price, I don't fly the SU-27 much (mainly due to an annoying FOV bug I can't shake that doesn't allow me to zoom in or out) But I'm going to try and get into it for this.

I completely agree though, I love the idea of these mission packs and I hope to see many more, an F-15c pack for starters please :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Is the trackIR z-axis set up properly in your control bindings?

Yeah, it's only the Russian jets that have this problem weirdly? When DCS2 arrives, I'm going to perform a full clean install and start everything fresh.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

This a million times. I'd love to see a regular stream of payware DLC campaigns for all the modules...

BeachAV8R

Yeah, it's only the Russian jets that have this problem weirdly? When DCS2 arrives, I'm going to perform a full clean install and start everything fresh.

Just double checking. This is what kontiuka is referring to: Su-27 Track IR Z-axis.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Even with no TrackIr it still won't move via keyboard commands. It's all very strange, I think a fresh install is in need. Given DCS2 shouldn't be too far off now, I'll wait for that to arrive.

Knows what's really funny? I jumped into the Su-33's pit this morning (for the first time in ages) and had an issue similarto ypurs. Even though I used the same TIR settings under the Su-33's Options as the Su-27's, zoom didn't work with Track-IR. Unlike your situation, however, the keyboard keys did work if I turned TIR off. I suppose you've checked the keyboard bindings for the Su-33.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 weeks later...

tbh I'm not surprised you can't edit it. It's an independant (3rd Party) payware release as a single product.

Just imagine, you release a payware campaign you've done a lot of work on, but you let people edit it.

Someone edits your campaign, and people like it better than the original (for whatever reason). Suddenly your product is dead in the water.

Or worse, someone edits it a bit, then sells it as their own product.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2