DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

Sounds like a lot of work while trading an activation and losing FPS...

Perhaps I'll wait until CBU-87s are fixed, the campaign FPS becomes playable, and cross-fire is supported until I run this gauntlet of settings/tweaks again....

Seems like quite a few having that campaign issue...but a minority voice:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94419

:helpsmilie:

SPECS: Phenom II X4 965BE OC 3.9GHz on M4A79XTD EVO | XFX GeForce 970 GTX 4GB FTW+ (single monitor) | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | CH Pro Pedals | G.SKILL Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 | Win 7 64-bit Home Premium | Corsair TX750W | WD Caviar Black 500GB @ 7200 |

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is going on with the DCS World torrent.. been downloading all day at 10kb/s :(

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Why in the world would this update be released if there is a known FPS issue?

I just don't get it.

+1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I just don't get it.

You would not.

Some things have a nasty habit of slipping through the cracks. If you knew of the amount of work that is involved then a mistake/oversight or two is to be expected and definitely not unreasonable in the circumstances.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why in the world would this update be released if there is a known FPS issue?

I just don't get it.

Guess it would explain the original delay or FC3. Hoping it follows the World update. :music_whistling:

At least with the auto updater they can update smaller fixes rather than wait for a large update.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Im gonna sit this one out for now. I appreciate the updates sincerely, but few issues here to be resolved before I update, FPS losses, activation losses,, nah,, not right now. I read through this entire post, one thing strikes me odd, few mentions of uncertanty as to the correct method to uninstall old version, and installation of new? I didnt see a real solid response to this, where does one find the absolute answer to this? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Update.. I ended up having to re-activate all products...

at least they are all working,,

DCS is still the best flight sim prodcut out to buy and fly.. regardless of the activation stuff.. during uninstall and re-install..

:thumbup:

read the first post by Wags

I di dnot de-cativate any product, I uninstalled dcs and then installed the new dcs, then all the rest of the dcs products, now when I I go to play it is asking me to activate each one...

I also rebooted several times...

before installing the new dcs stuff I renamed my users/dcs folders..

but it never made anew folder it just installed the newer stuff into my renamed folder

regardless, it still wants me to use an activation even though I never deactiviated,,,

I will try on more thing I wil try single player first,,,, maybe you have to run single playe rmode first.. I have been running DCS products since Flaming Cliffs came out 10 years ago, and the installs still never go perfect...

here goes....

:doh:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Mad Tommy, I downloaded from world torrent and it take less than an hour for both files so Mustang is probably right about your problem.

Unfortunately, with this version my game is almost unplayable due to reduce FPS with same older settings. I just hope that this problem will be soon resolved so me and my mates can fly again.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

My guess is your ISP throttling the download, i bet after midnight it'll speed right up :)

No i have no throttling with my ISP. All other DCS torrents were downloaded in minutes at max speeds.. its just the World one won't move. :(

I'll have to get it from the direct links i suppose.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I read through this entire post, one thing strikes me odd, few mentions of uncertanty as to the correct method to uninstall old version, and installation of new? I didnt see a real solid response to this, where does one find the absolute answer to this? Thanks

Start/Control Panel/Programs-Uninstall a program, find DCS World and uninstall.

Thereafter delete the DCS Saved Games folder.

Installing new version: Download all files, run the .exe files and install to default path or other as preference dictates.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What's that for a version ED?

Huge FPS losses on i7@4,8GHz+GTX680 4GB and activation losses :mad:.

Just to let you know we are aware of it, and know what's causing it. That is all I can say for now.

Nate

I have yet to test mine (still downloading) but from the looks of it, I'm going to take a big hit. Seeing that they're aware of what's causing the FPS drop, there better be a hotfix in the next day or two. Getting really tired of this.

What's that for a version ED?

Huge FPS losses on i7@4,8GHz+GTX680 4GB and activation losses :mad:.

Same here, I5 2500K @ 4.1GHz, GTX 560Ti, 8GB RAM and went from 60-80 last night to 20 on the same airstart mission. Tried other missions and they all suffer, not happy with this at all.

And knowing the speed that ED patches we're probably stuck with it for another 3 months.

Start/Control Panel/Programs-Uninstall a program, find DCS World and uninstall.

Thereafter delete the DCS Saved Games folder.

Installing new version: Download all files, run the .exe files and install to default path or other as preference dictates.

Did that.

Lost one activation per module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You would not.

Some things have a nasty habit of slipping through the cracks. If you knew of the amount of work that is involved then a mistake/oversight or two is to be expected and definitely not unreasonable in the circumstances.

His right, it's hard enough creating a Script profile for the Warthog, writing the Macros and Script for the upcoming F-15 & SU-25 will keep me occupied for days !!!.

The amount coding/work....... and i'm pretty sure at times frustration that go's into creating a program like DCS World must be phenomenal !!!.

Hopefully this is where we will now see the advantage of having the auto updater...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I uninstalled (without deactivating) and it asked me for another activation after installing 1.2.1. Also my framerate got bad again with the new version..great.

Same here! FPS are halfway down and another activation required. :cry:

WTF? :mad:

Did that.

Lost one activation per module.

Same here! FPS are halfway down and another activation required. :cry:

WTF? :mad:

Wow. The worst part is even if I choose to wait for a hotfix, I still have to install 1.21 (since all updates will be made automatically afterwards).

So it's safe to say, everyone will lose an activation.