ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

Guys, great that its back online

i was kinda surprised at how little €´s a IndieGoGo backer had to contribute. Something like €10?? for a DCS module? WOOW.

Belsimtek sells their modules at €45. I paid €20 to IndieGoGo. Kinda good deal..

I´d be happy to pay €25 again (totalling €45), to support the current devs. Or, buy DCS: Mig-21Bis from Steam when it comes out.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's the other way around. A-10Cs would be slaughtered by MIG-21s flown by even half good pilots. On the one end you have a radar equipped, Mach 2 interceptor with long range radar guided air-to-air missiles. On the other end you have lumbering CAS planes with short range air-to-air missiles.

I don't disagree. Which is why I suggested throwing in the F-15C's and MiG29S's. Suddenly the 21's have something to worry about rather than just smoking A-10C's from on high, but shouldn't be utterly crushed by the 15's either because they'll have the 29's keeping 'em busy too. And while the A-10's are disadvantaged on a head on fight, if the terrain is decent they can use that to their advantage. And they probably want to get in, hit some targets, and get out while the gettin's good so light loads, move fast and precise, definitely carry a pair of AIM-9's, etc.

Nobodies day will be easy, but everyone can have fun.... anyway, was just a thought.

Modify to taste.

Those must be some pretty sucky A-10 pilots with zero BFM training.

The MiG-21 doesn't have long range anything ... slightly longer ranged missiles than the A-10's, but the radar can't look down into clutter. What's a MiG pilot to do?

I think it's the other way around. A-10Cs would be slaughtered by MIG-21s flown by even half good pilots. On the one end you have a radar equipped, Mach 2 interceptor with long range radar guided air-to-air missiles. On the other end you have lumbering CAS planes with short range air-to-air missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Public beta, closed beta, etc. and about "considering all options" - what about just the manual? Would it be possible that you release the (preliminary?) manual for the aircraft so that we could start studying already? Would keep many of us probably busy and away from speculating, bothering and generally being annoying! :o)

I like that idea. While I didn't even notice the Indiegogo thingy I'll probably buy the module - no matter if it's a public beta or a finished product. I like to have a wide selection of aircraft I can almost fly :)

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

OK. Put some bombs and rockets on it. Have them attack ground targets on the other side of the boarder. If a 21 and 10 pass each other they can tangle. Otherwise no.

Have the 15's and 29's chew each other and the 10's and 21's up.

You make a mission with all your great ideas. So far I'm the only one suggesting at least putting some planes on the map and having them tangle. :-P

OK. Put some bombs and rockets on it. Have them attack ground targets on the other side of the boarder. If a 21 and 10 pass each other they can tangle. Otherwise no.

Have the 15's and 29's chew each other and the 10's and 21's up.

You make a mission with all your great ideas. So far I'm the only one suggesting at least putting some planes on the map and having them tangle. :-P

No worries xaos, I liked the ideas and frankly we have to do what we have to since there aren't any other options on the table. I was just too busy dreaming of dogfighting F-4s and MiG-21s, don't mind me.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

No worries xaos, I liked the ideas and frankly we have to do what we have to since there aren't any other options on the table. I was just too busy dreaming of dogfighting F-4s and MiG-21s, don't mind me.

In the end a Vietnam map and F-4's and MiG-21's would be really sweet. We can always dream. Especially since with have H Huey's already and Golf Cobras coming. 4 good aircraft for the time period would be a really good start.

In the end a Vietnam map and F-4's and MiG-21's would be really sweet. We can always dream. Especially since with have H Huey's already and Golf Cobras coming. 4 good aircraft for the time period would be a really good start.

True but we would still need a MiG-21 for the map. The MiG-21Bis was not in service until 1972...with the Soviets. North Vietnam used MiG-21F, PF, and PFM's during the war. My hopes for the Bis are for a European map so we can do a cold war gone hot in the late 70's and 80's.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

True but we would still need a MiG-21 for the map. The MiG-21Bis was not in service until 1972...with the Soviets. North Vietnam used MiG-21F, PF, and PFM's during the war. My hopes for the Bis are for a European map so we can do a cold war gone hot in the late 70's and 80's.

The MiG-21 being produced now would be fine for a Vietnam map. The Huey as it is right now isn't the Huey that was in service in Vietnam. Though the Cobra hasn't come out yet, I wouldn't be surprised if it has a few additions that weren't used in Vietnam. It is the same with the P-51, my understanding is that the state it is in wasn't used in WWII, or at least very rare at the end of the war. It is also likely any F-4s and A-7s are also going to be later versions as opposed to Vietnam era. This is probably a documentation issue for why this is done.

But a European map for the 70s would still be a good thing to have and I'd play those scenarios just as much, along with a map for the Arab/Israeli wars (they weren't using the Bis, but what they were using probably wasn't far off).

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

The MiG-21 being produced now would be fine for a Vietnam map.

Well, maybe only since 1970 when the MFs were delivered which while different from bis (e.g. smaller saddle tank, somewhat different nose intake, different engine) are still much less so than the older variants. Of course, it's possible to make some later historical (China) or fictional scenarios as well..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!