Dead MiGs

Mike Busutil

There's a few latex'd F-16's in there that were destined for NZ back in early 2000. But we put a woman in charge of the country and that was that really.

Sad

Yes her with b#%^'s the stupidest thing our govt has done in my life time anyway.

My Boy has just got into Air Cadet's and is looking forward to joining the airforce.

I said to him he will have no worries about flying fighters if he wants (And if he gets in) as his grandmum on my side is Aussie and on his mums side is English. So he will have an option RNZAF, RAAF,RAF

O_Smiladon

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I said to him he will have no worries about flying fighters if he wants (And if he gets in) as his grandmum on my side is Aussie and on his mums side is English. So he will have an option RNZAF, RAAF,RAF

I have a Kiwi acquaintance that works at ASIC that I can't help but chide him on that subject- that the Hobbits have put down all arms, and, on the day that a good sacking should come, it'll be left to the men to take care of business.

Vipers would have been a good fit for a force weaned on Scooters...

force weaned on Scooters...

I would not say that we have been weaned on scooters.

We have had a proud history with fighter and bomber aircraft in WW2 and beoynd

and up till that time helen clark put our A4 Skyhawks to bed and canned the order for the F16's we were very capabile of holding our own. (Just ask the Aussie's up in Nara)

But now if the you know what hits the fan all we can do is stand there and give em the bird!

O_Smiladon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But we put a woman in charge of the country and that was that really.

I'm pretty sure the decision had nothing to do with your Prime Minister's gender.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'm pretty sure the decision had nothing to do with your Prime Minister's gender.

You are right but it made me feel better writing it. What made the decision was the money was needed for welfare to buy votes (and that is a fact not contested). Anyway it's in the past and we have a good peace keeping force now. Just sad that our fastest aircraft is a 757 and our most capable is a P3 Orion.

Back on topic, would love to get some of those old aircraft parts from the boneyards. Has anyone got any idea what an engine cowl from a 727, 747 or Tristar might be worth?

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

• 3 weeks later...
While we wait for the LS MiG-21 I thought I would share some of my pictures I took of some dead Iraqi MiG's and other aircraft. I did a deployment in 2006 to Habbaniyah Iraq. (Approximately 10 miles west of Fallujah)

thank you , they were nice and rare photos.

i will be thankful to see more.