[DCS World / FC3] SU-25A & SU-25T English Cockpit Mods

Thanks for updating the mod Devrim. Love 1.5 AND your work! ;)

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much man! You made this sim less intimidating as a newcomer.

Happy New Year!

Intel i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz

H100i v2

MSI Z370 Gaming M5

Corsair Dominator DDR4 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz

EVGA 1080TI FTW3

ADATA XPG SX8200 240GB (Win10)

SAMSUNG 850 SSD (DCS & Saved Games Folder)

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1200W

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

HOTAS Warthog

CH Pedals

TrackIR 5 w/Delan Clip Fusion

Logitech FSP

Gametrix Jetseat kw-908/Buttkicker 2

I have the "ENGLISH" option in the MISC menu, but no luck. Why is it important to leave the .ZIP file from prior update (that didnt work either).

The English folder is here ;

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Liveries\Cockpit_Su-25T\english

Here is the other folder structure ...SU27;

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures\SU-27S-CPT-TEXTURES (no ENGLISH option on FC3 dropdown in MISC, somehow there was a Chinese ??)

SU25T;

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES (no more files & no ZIP file )

I used to be good at this ...generally, I have not added too many MODS to this point, but I did add the A10 HUD Text increase... sooo - there seems to be something missing in the instructions, Help :cry:

BTW when I selected the ENGLISH option in MISC, for SU25T all of the graphics got "interesting" sort of a CUBIST thing, with some random text, and a grey windshield. So I went bavk add re-added the .ZIP file to the old folder (still baffled by that)

And the only way I could get the ENGLISH folder to show up was to look for that in the ZIP file and find the DEFAULT folder for SU25T and place it in the same folder. You know force it it there under LIVERIES folder which was n't mentioned in the readme.txt.

I just started using DCS World and attempting to get the English cockpit mod working for the SU-25T, version is 1.5.2. Followed this thread but get the "camo looking cockpit" with some random"missing texture" text in it.

I put the English folder here: \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Liveries\Cockpit_Su-25T\english - which has the .lua file in the folder

Put the texture files (10) here: \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Cockpit\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES - contains the 10 .dds files and left the original .zip folder in place.

I also renamed the two a fore mentioned files in Finlayson's post but it did not work either way. Am I missing something obvious here? It shows as selectable but loads without the textures.

share your lua and screenshot of local dds files

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Why are you trying to install DDS files and description file in different places?

Have you read Read Me text?

Simply drag the MOD folder (from my zip) into DCS World folder. That's it.

Please read Read Me text mate. It's written for that.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Why are you trying to install DDS files and description file in different places?

Have you read Read Me text?

Simply drag the MOD folder (from my zip) into DCS World folder. That's it.

Please read Read Me text mate. It's written for that.

Hey Devrim. Your mod isn't working for me, even though I've used your handy dandy Read Me :). I extracted your "mods" folder from your zip into my "DCSWorld" folder. It asked me to merge your mods folder with the one already there by default. This obviously added your "english" folder and its contents. I then selected "English" from the pull down menu in the Options>Special Tab>SU-25T section, clicked OK, fired up free flight.....Cyrillic....Cyrillic everywhere.

Any ideas? I'm using 1.5.3 through Steam, fyi.

for me, not work, :(

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

I tried again. I renamed the zip file of the textures and I started the sim. I could see he did not load the textures, so I put the zip file in an original way, and now everything works.

Therefore, install the mod (use JSGME) renames the file texture.zip in su25t zipold, and then start the texture. rename the file back into .zip (final written off: old) so it works now.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Hi Devrim,

First off, thank you so much for your mods!

I ran into an issue where the Su-25T English mod does not seem to work properly unless the Su-25A English mod is also activated.

It seems to be related to 3 files in particular - parts02, tex02, and tex04.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. Thank you so much Trebor. I'm glad. :)

Hey Auger73; I missed some posts somehow. Last month I was busy badly!

Is there still an issue about this mod?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you replacing files in the zip file or doing something?

Read Me text doesn't say that.

Please install according to instructions.

Sorry, maybe because I misunderstand due to my poor English. Anyway let see what cannot perform from your readme that wrote

-Delete "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" folder (do not delete zip file).

I cannot delete the folder because there is a zip file in that folder. If delete the folder the zip file has to delete too. If we have to delete the folder where the zip file should move to.

Thanks for your advice.

No..you don`t get it right..DCS requires the zip File..if you delete it..DCS misses the Textures..what you do..you create an empty folder named "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" and place it in the same directory as the SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. Then you copy Devrims Files in that folder..now DCS uses the Files in the zip and just replaces the Files that are duplicated with the files in the same named Folder...it is really stupid to explain..but if you once get it..you end up doing it with all zip based mods..

OK, now I can make it as Lizzard adviced but I have to create another sub folder under Mods->Aircraft->Su-25T->Liveries->Cockpit_Su-25T named English and put files from Devrim's zip include description.lua into that folder too. Now I can have English cockpit option in the special option tab and the cockpit display in English right away.

Thanks for the great mod.

348927303_su-25Tenglishcockpit1.thumb.jpg.16436717228142731a5e031e1b4d814f.jpg

1454906457_su-25Tenglishcockpit2.thumb.jpg.bd1e01d178301c94f738ac0dae156ca2.jpg

Sorry, maybe because I misunderstand due to my poor English. Anyway let see what cannot perform from your readme that wrote

-Delete "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" folder (do not delete zip file).

I cannot delete the folder because there is a zip file in that folder. If delete the folder the zip file has to delete too. If we have to delete the folder where the zip file should move to.

Thanks for your advice.

A folder with that name (SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES) is loaded on top of the archive with the same name (SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip) IF THE ARCHIVE IS BESIDE THE FOLDER NOT INSIDE. This is a standard way of modding a moded archive... a trick... Because you can place inside the archive a texture... a red one for example... and in the folder a texture blue. So first the game will search the archive then the folder... the result will be that in game you will see the blue texture.

This was a fast explanation of what you have there. You have remains of other modding attempts. You shouldn't have folders like SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES by default Only archives (zips).

Now...

If in a folder like SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES you have and archive SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip... that is an error from your modding attempt and that archive is NOT USED! So you can move it from there... delete, move to recycle bin or move to other folder for backup.

Inside the SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES folder you need to have only textures... dds files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Ok. The part of some words in Read Me file was for those who were using an older version of the mod, but today those words are not necessary and cause confusion / misunderstanding.

I should update installation instructions. Sorry for that Hoochiekoo.