Really fed up with passworded servers

ebabil

I WISH there will be more handy multiplayer user interface. at least we should be filtering servers.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I agree,There needs to be something to bring the 40+ people in their own multiplayer games into a single or couple servers,I understand Clans want their own servers,but that spreads out the already thin MP community

Easier said than done. We aren't playing with the current amount of players because we want small servers.

maybe if someone hosted a once-a-week event

or maybe once-a-month

??

(that assumes you can get large numbers online at once - disclaimer: don't have a lot of experience online..)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are some quality server without password and with players.

I suggest checking 104th server (modern) and Dogs Of War server (WW2) - And I am sure they are other quality & populated server that I haven't tested yet.

I can understand passworded server - Sometimes i do fly with friends on "quick & dirty" homemade missions for like an hour, and that's not meant to be open to all. :P

i didin't mention that all servers must be un passworded. i just want to know and/or eleminate them by filtering when i want

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I think this pops up from time to time and should be on that already. The problem is probably that they don't want to invest time in a filter feature before EDGE. But I am sure once we enter the promised land such features will follow, accompanied by dedicated servers. xD

I think this pops up from time to time and should be on that already. The problem is probably that they don't want to invest time in a filter feature before EDGE. But I am sure once we enter the promised land such features will follow, accompanied by dedicated servers. xD

We still have absolutly NO idea of when EDGE will come out (it has been delayed several times already), it really is not that hard to make a filter option so, why can't they just push out this semi-necessary feature?

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

We still have absolutly NO idea of when EDGE will come out (it has been delayed several times already), it really is not that hard to make a filter option so, why can't they just push out this semi-necessary feature?

It's been backed up several times this year that EDGE will come out by the end of 2014. Last time in the September's newsletter. That should give you a hint.

Besides they have never bothered to make a new lobby even though it's very much needed, why would they do it now then?

Exactly because of that: it is needed!

Server-browser is simply terrible. Not only it lacks on any filtering (i.e. only free/passworded, only non-empty, only those with ping <value, etc) or sorting (according to names/number of players, geo-location, etc) capabilities, its constant re-freshing drives me mad! Once I see the list I start scrolling down, but before I check a few servers the list is updated and I can start from beginning! And this is going on over and over again...

Honestly, I do not think it is such a difficult programming task to create "normal" server-browser if you already have the list (one button for "refresh/stop", a few filters and active sorting-columns). But it would make DCS much more "playable"...

i didin't mention that all servers must be un passworded. i just want to know and/or eleminate them by filtering when i want

Left from server name its marked if server is password protected :book:

picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=6725

Also, there are many unlocked servers, but problem is no one is there :doh:

picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=6726

Edited by LordWizard

The location of my server is Germany. When did you make this screenshot? I think: not in the evening! europe

Everyday my server is used by many pilots. (10 -25 players at the same time)

And mostly at Steam- or ED-Sale i protect my Server, because too many new players kill the fun for the other pilots.

The password is easy to hack, also you can join our TeamSpeak or Board/Forum for asking it.

The last weeks we teached a lot to the new ones.

Teach them by using the DCS-Chat, and u know what i mean.

I have to pay the bill, and thats the reason I decide to protect the server/=STP=Friends sometimes.

You don't have to join =STP= for flying on our Server.

Ask one of us or our guests, and everybody of them tell you the password.

Please excuse my english.

To say "nobody is there so I won't join" is to create your own problem. Whenever I join a empty server it's populated within the hour, usually much faster. If everyone had the above mindset then there would be no multiplayer.

Also how can one complain about a locked server? These servers belong to people and they have the right to lock them if they want to. Nobody complains about how you lock your car do they? Besides, if you want to play on that server so bad most of the time you can get the pass from teamspeak or join their squadron.

I think it's pretty darn good actually. There are many open-to-public servers available (mine included) and they're usually not full so you can play using other peoples equipment whenever you want.

It's kind of funny, but if one person joins a (unlocked) server then usually w/in 15 minutes another couple of few folks will also join.

:)

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Left from server name its marked if server is password protected :book:

picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=6725

Also, there are many unlocked servers, but problem is no one is there :doh:

picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=6726

Hmm, do I see things??

On your first screenshot we can see my server - DCS Israel with around 16 players and not passworded (as it usually is).

This is usually the case with DCS Israel, it is usually open with mission rotation.

I think what people wrote here is correct, if you join a server more will join as there are many people searching like you.

Hmm, do I see things??

On your first screenshot we can see my server - DCS Israel with around 16 players and not passworded (as it usually is).

This is usually the case with DCS Israel, it is usually open with mission rotation.

I think what people wrote here is correct, if you join a server more will join as there are many people searching like you.

yes, you see right xcom...

lol, I didn't said all of them are empty (I should say some), so there for many thanks to dedicated servers like 104th, 159th, Israeli, virtual pilots, Tom's and so one..

Salute :pilotfly:

Edited by LordWizard

The funny thing is that in your screenshot, all the passworded servers are empty ;)

Probably because most of them belong to virtual squads that only use them at some definite time for training or missions.

But anyway, that's not the topic. The OP is just asking for a filtering/sorting feature, which I think we all agree is needed. I'm sure ED agree too, they just have to prioritize every feature that they want to implement (and there are many I'm sure).

OP wasn't having crack at password servers. Most of the comments other than the one below is way outside the box. The information has been forwarded to the right channels and hopefully a filter option will end the dispute.

Yep, it's a request for filtering the list. I'll add it to the feature requests.

• 11 months later...
I WISH there will be more handy multiplayer user interface. at least we should be filtering servers.

+1 :thumbup:

Did search looking for STP's TeamSpeak 3 IP#, saw this post.

DCS should have a company owned central server like Aces High has had for years accessible by incorporating a monthly fee. Not much to offer in MP because all of the locked servers, including the 1.5 OpenBeta MP server.

Have been flying WWII planes lately.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 :thumbup:

Did search looking for STP's TeamSpeak 3 IP#, saw this post.

DCS should have a company owned central server like Aces High has had for years accessible by incorporating a monthly fee. Not much to offer in MP because all of the locked servers, including the 1.5 OpenBeta MP server.

Have been flying WWII planes lately.

Its simple. Publiv MP does not exist in this game. All I see most of the time is empty servers or locked ones with no hint how to get the password.

Servers are generally locked at the moment to limit the number of players since 1.5 multiplayer is unstable with many servers experiencing memory leakage and regularly crashing. Also many server owners have become tired of trolls.

Onve the multiplayer issues in 1.5 have been sorted, I am sure we will see more servers increasing their max number of players and lifting the passwords.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!