Can You Calibrate Warthog?

Fleshpiston

Thanks for the explaination

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

It is centered so all good:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

All I know is that you should go through the calibration sequence again and again knowing that the tool can do its job - but with a user interface dialog that is completely out of phase. I don't remember what I did on my last successful attempt but I could get to a plain 0 unit tolerance over 64k!

Something wrong is happening at the worst time near the end, precisely when DFU mode (Device Firmware Update) should commit the required adjustments into the device firmware memory.

• 3 months later...

Gents please confirm what version you are using.

See post #36 on page 4 for the current version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the configuration program. Didn't know it existed until I read this post!

**EDIT** WOW, after using the stick a few times after doing the calibration, it is truely amazing on the difference! I figured a stick like this really wouldn't need it, but it does make a huge difference!

Edited by shelt

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

^^ Aye...thanks all

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• 2 weeks later...

thx for this topic, my throttle was with crazy calibration and the 29, 30 buttons stopped worked and my stick with offset to the right. Now its working good on device analyzer.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guys, i dont no if her is the right place to put my doud but, lets go.

When taking the joystick forward (z-axis) the same back to the center position of the joystick automatically, even keeping the physical position of the joystick. This bug only happens in the other modules of DCS, while playing with the A-10C the same problem does not happen.

You can see in this video i make the problem, look for the grid on the left corner (the grid is more visible in 720/1080p)

http://youtu.be/Ez1ldilAFXE

Remember that I have done to update the driver of joy as well as updated the firmeware the same to try solve the problem.

Edited by Overvolt

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

wow! thank you so much. I was starting to struggle flying the flanker in a straight line. I looked into device analyzer and y axis was 32768 but x axis was 33611 or something like that. Used 1.13 from here and dead center for both....just as it was out of the box. Its strange..I guess the extended wear has slightly offset the stick? Why would it even change?

but anyways..thanks again. So much better now.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I found his thread as my joystick for komths now was banking right in flight. So had set up the joystick and now runs true and like new. Very happy. I thought it would be a good idea to check the calibration of the throttle at the same time even though it seemed perfectly good.

Bad idea.

Now both throttles only have full movement at the very top end - so when at max you only have to move them about 5mm to go to minimum. Likewise the stiction axis - zoom in my case when centred- you can go from full to nothing in a few mm. The slew stick also has stopped working now. All the button on the other hand have not been affected. Has anyone else had any issues withy this software or have any advice to give before I contact TM? I've also had a look in Windows calibration sow are but they can't be adjusted. Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

What are your firmware versions (check the tags on the usb wires)?

Maybe your firwmare is too old for the recalibration tool.

I'd suggest to re-try the calibration in case you missed the steps.

Then try a firmware update and recalibrate.

The latest firmare can be found on the official website, it's really easy to use just follow the instructions.

Hi,

I got this annoying off center problem after a reinstall and I couldn't fix it

with the TM calibration tools. What I had to do was first calibrate it and then

use DXTweak2 from Logitech/wingmanteam and adjust the centre values

manually. Perfect result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

@PiedDroit

Firmware and drivers are up to date - The calibration software works and I can go through all the steps but the same issues are the same - Stiction slider goes from max to min within a couple of mm from the centre. Throttles go from max to min within a couple of mm from max setting and slew no longer works. Guess I'll have to wait to hear back from TM on this one - and annoyingly I just got the Hawk and Mig-21. Grr

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 month later...

Calibration software question

Hello,

I have a question about the calibration software. I run windows 7 64-bit. I have downloaded the calibration software version v1.13 and used 7-zip to open the rar file. in the TM Joystick Calibration tool folder I can see the a10JoystickCalibration.txt file and the HW_Stick Calibration_V1.13.exe file. yet when I click on the .exe loads but says that there was an Error loading a10JoystcikCalibration.txtfile. I click ok and the program runs but then afterwards when I am in DCS game I check my AXIS under the tune option and my joystick is centered but with just a light movement it is all over the place and when flying in game my joystick just cause the AC to roll all over the place. So I believe it has something to do with the error on loading the .txt file. I am not sure if this is required but I do not have the TARGET software loaded on my computer. Is TARGET required to run this calibration software or not? If not than does any one have an ideal how to fix the error with loading the a10JoystickCalibration.txtfile?

You must unzip the files (not run from the .zip) otherwise the exe won't be able to read the .txt.

What your system does when you try to run an .exe from a .zip is unpacking only the exe and running it from a temp directory - without all the supporting files that are in the .zip.

P.S: You should not have TARGET running when doing the calibration

Edited by PiedDroit

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i finally took the plunge and purchased a warthog! Very pleased.

Anyway running through some checks i have noticed that the when the throttles are linked the inputs are differing by about 150 through the range. Just wanted to check if this was normal behaviour or if i should try the calibration.

• 1 year later...

Hello there all I am new to this forum and just bought the warthog.I love everything about this stick except the constant pull to the right.I have to say I am a little cheesed after paying so much for this hotas to have a problem with it from day 1.I have tried to download the calibration tools from this forum but they do not work for some reason.I have also contacted thrustmaster a few days ago but they haven't responded yet.I have tried everything and nothing will cure the drift.I am using the warthog for elite dangerous and it has been great but the drift is driving me nuts.If anyone knows a cure please help.