What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

I think that the vietnamese war by far appeals to americans more than it does to most other countries, so to say it would bring a lot of customers is a fairly ignorant statement. To other nations, this war does not represent something they can relate to in a personal fashion, as it was mostly americans that were involved in it. I mean, nearly all the people that represent this game market have had their father or grandfather involved in the world wars in some way or another. Making a game about the vietnamese war would be similar to the falklands war. Why the vietnamese war is more justified, I think can be owed to hollywood and the many films about it. Vietnamese war era games? Boring if you ask me.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is not ED making non modern aircraft.... My problem is I do not want to see them online compatable with modern airframes. In my opinion that is just silly.

Is this really what you want to see in your DCS simming future?

attachment.php?attachmentid=62424&d=1328545480

Looks pretty stupid doesn't it?

924558_20040920_790screen001.jpg.82d9cb74a28ca09e98ebbfe326ed4c86.jpg

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ
  • Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My problem is not ED making non modern aircraft.... My problem is I do not want to see them online compatable with modern airframes.

Why is this concept so hard to understand for you? If you don't want to see it, don't fly missions that contain it. Case closed. Was that so complicated? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

My problem is not ED making non modern aircraft.... My problem is I do not want to see them online compatable with modern airframes. In my opinion that is just silly.

Is this really what you want to see in your DCS simming future?

Looks pretty stupid doesn't it?

You do realise that just because you CAN fly them online together, doesn't mean that you HAVE to fly them online together?

What about those who just want to FLY in the same server, for aerobatics or virtual display team stuff? Should they be prevented from doing so just becasue you can't see the big picture?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

What about those who just want to FLY in the same server, for aerobatics or virtual display team stuff? Should they be prevented from doing so just becasue you can't see the big picture?

as you say that I feel rememberd to the Heritage Formation on VFAT

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I think the most reasonable reason why the P-51 hasn´t recieved quite a well feedback is the fact that the P-51 has been announced while the next module is not. ED might have their reasons, but as long as they don´t talk to us, people are putting their own thoughts in the discussion.

I personally have much fun to fly the Hog, I also´ve got quite much stuff to learn for the Shark. But I really belive that the feedback would be better if both modules would have been announced.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

I see the big picture just fine. I just don't like mustaches on fine art. Thats my opinion.

I thought this thread was to get opinions. Thats why it's titled

"What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?".

They asked what I thought and I answered.

Seems to me your more eager to snuff out my opinion than to express your own.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to take a page from Joe Willie Namath here and make a guarantee. I guarantee that most people that are whining will buy the Mustang anyways. I also guarantee that, whenever the new jet is released, there will be just as many threads full of people whining that it should have been some other plane and saying they won't buy the new one. People who end up buying it anyway just to support ED. Not trying to be rude....just my two cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

just my two cents.

I put my 2 cents on the top since I think you´re right...that really might happen.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I'm going to take a page from Joe Willie Namath here and make a guarantee. I guarantee that most people that are whining will buy the Mustang anyways. I also guarantee that, whenever the new jet is released, there will be just as many threads full of people whining that it should have been some other plane and saying they won't buy the new one. People who end up buying it anyway just to support ED. Not trying to be rude....just my two cents.

Bang on Bro!...:music_whistling:

P-51 Bad choice.

These guys make the best consumer available sims on the face of the earth, so I respect their choice to model whatever they wish.

Personally however, given the focus of their sims so far. and titles like IL-2 Cliffs, Rise of Flight, Wing of Prey, I think there are enough Pre-jet era sims on the market.

No they're not anywhere near as realistic, so I can see DCS's point of wanting in on that market. However, since it doesn't seem like they're going to make an actual WW2 environment, they're probably not going to boast the modern gfx engines some of these titles boost.

They're really focusing on the die hard military sim enthusiasts that want detailed models, down to the cockpit coffee cup holder. And here the question becomes, how many of us really would prefer the simulation of a ww2 era airplane over that of a more modern one.

In terms of sales alone, I believe at this point in time DCS would be better off served to focus on their graphic engine, as they really nailed the realistic simulation market, and on a more modern air fighter that fits in more to their current series, since they themselves have stated this won't really be a ww2 sim, but DCS + a p51 roaming in there... for what reasons, I0m not sure.

But I'm not too thrilled about the prospect, will be sitting this one out, and leave the 'golden age' enthusiasts enjoy their thing.

Just my opinion, and I'm sure DCS can do without my purchase, but I'm thinking I'm not the only one, and just wanted to communicate a potential customer's opinion on this matter.

After seeing a video of ACU Sims P-51 model:

I question the choice even more.

I'll have to agree with Adolf on this one: http://www.YOUTUBE.com/watch?v=iAoZP6EuaDk

Edited by voyagingmind

What is the point to all these threads nagging and complaining about the P-51?

I don't get it. When it comes out, buy it or don't.

In the mean time, a new jet is being worked on, and a P-51 is being worked on by a "part" of the team.

The other part is building the jet that you will or will not complain about.

Perhaps the point is simply letting the developer know in advance, that many of their customers simply aren't interested in this title, and won't be purchasing it. I don't remember nearly anywhere near as many people saying they'd be disappointed in other titles, so it's important for the dev to know these things, don't you think?

That's all fine, but what if ED is looking to expand its market? In that case such an opinion might have already been expected and not much of a factor.

Perhaps the point is simply letting the developer know in advance, that many of their customers simply aren't interested in this title, and won't be purchasing it. I don't remember nearly anywhere near as many people saying they'd be disappointed in other titles, so it's important for the dev to know these things, don't you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That's all fine, but what if ED is looking to expand its market? In that case such an opinion might have already been expected and not much of a factor.

I can easily see an influx of new customers, who weren't into jets or helos or maybe just hadn't gotten around to trying a DCS product, more than offsetting the current ED customers who will not buy the mustang.

From that perspective ED is unlikely to lose. Old customers will still buy DCS-fast jet and some of the new customers will also probably buy other DCS products. The end result is that sales, and presumably revenue, go up.

My 1 cent.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think its a common misconception to think that ED's customers and fans, loyal or otherwise, only come here to this website to voice there opinion. We are only a small part of ED's customer base I'm sure and given that we went thru the trouble of signing up and coming to this board just means were a little more vocal but no more a customer than anyone else.

You Know I did have a comment but I thought better of it. So its erased.

I would just like to say I hope ED values customer opinion. No snarky comments from me today (I'm already at 80 percent WARN as it is.... I gotta behave. By the way does that thing EVER go down).

P.S. Has ANYBODY figured out who my avatar is?

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wrote it right - perhaps you might want to read it again so that you aren't reading things the way you want them to but the way they are written. With all the conditionals attached etc. ;)

GGTharos did you just say that ED's customers opinions were not a factor? I just wanted to make sure I heard you right. Maybe I misunderstood. Poor word choice perhaps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'd agree w/ Crunch.

There is nothing wrong in P-51 as is, I am pretty sure it will be a great aircraft from ED. However the fact that P-51 has no "context" to fly in DSC world and that it probably takes away resources from the DCS: "Fighter Jet" is somewhat disheartening.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Well it's erased now. As I said I thought better of it.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well it's erased now. As I said I thought better of it.

The same way GG has managed nearly 20,000 posts. Time travel.;)

EDIT: See, I can't do it!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd agree w/ Crunch.

There is nothing wrong in P-51 as is, I am pretty sure it will be a great aircraft from ED. However the fact that P-51 has no "context" to fly in DSC world and that it probably takes away resources from the DCS: "Fighter Jet" is somewhat disheartening.

It has been said: Over and Over and Over..that the P-51D Mustang was a side project in the works and had no effect on further project or delays any project..

How many more times must this be said before it sinks in..:music_whistling:

Quite a few times, Bearitall... quite a few times.

What gets me, is the constant "not in/ no place in the DCS world". What is the thinking behind that? :music_whistling: What is it... just a bunch of selfish little boys carrying on about what goes in the sandpit :cry: ?? it ain't even their sandpit

Its (Mustang) a side venture, a developer hobby/ study which showed enough promise to be released in its own right, with no detraction from any other project and I for one, can't wait to see the treatment given the vintage warbird by DCS (its sure to dump all over anything offered up in any other sim, be sure :smilewink: )...

What would be a blast is to have Duxford :huh: (and area map) modelled and released with the P51.

Just realise it for what it is (hopefully) a new high fidelity series :thumbup:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Quite a few times, Bearitall... quite a few times.

What would be a blast is to have Duxford :huh: (and area map) modelled and released with the P51.

Just realise it for what it is (hopefully) a new high fidelity series :thumbup:

Yea, I was being sarcastic...lol...some people can be thick...

Duxford as a addon " WOW " nice idea bud..

I just can't wait for the " DCS P-51D Mustang "

You know I formed a new aerobatic team " Virtual Tuskegee Airmen "

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85113