Opening the A10C air refuel receptacle gives a noticeable pull on the flight stick?

majapahit

Opening the A10C air refuel receptacle gives a noticeable pull on the flight stick, and a push when closing it. I first noticed this when being in 'contact position' just behind the Tanker. I have just started training this (with my new warthog Hotas).

I first thought this would be simulated turbulence so close behind the tanker.

But I have tested this way behind the tanker when I load a training mission for air refueling. This starts at about 1 nm behind the tanker with 220 airspeed and at 19000 feet. I trim the A10 so that its somewhat stable.

In clean air at ~20000 Ft when I open the receptacle I can see the flight stick pull, and closing the receptacle will show a flight stick push.

Is this expected behavior?

(I am getting better at refueling, but this throws me off, so I am curious about an explanation)

?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Opening the A10C air refuel receptacle gives a noticeable pull on the flight stick, and a push when closing it. [...]

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you're not approaching a tanker with your weapon systems all armed?! :doh:

TBH, the same thing happened to me when I did my first AARs, until I realized the connection between SAS, PAC, Master Arm, and the Air Refueling Door. :music_whistling: :D

And that should be more than enough to help you answer your question. :smartass:

Indeed, as Yurgon allready said, ALWAYS Check following before even think about rejoining with the Tanker.

Maverick EO - Off

Master Arm - Safe

GUN/PAC - Safe

Nav Lights - On

and then you can open the Refuel Door. Never ever, under any circumstances approach the Tanker with Hot Weapons.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Yep... its a mighty nice feeling :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

It must be SAS, makes sense, I'll check this,

thx

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Well, I dunno about all that. It's really nice to just hold that trigger down when you've failed for the hundredth time to connect.

A quick glance at my avatar might lead you to believe I'd take unbridge with these comments...but the truth is...I too have flamed the tanker.:music_whistling:

That being said, if the Boomer in the sim was one of my guys, I ground him for making the receivers work to hard. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.