Hope: Markpoint delete function

LJQCN101

Last thing I really could care about is a coloured TGP.

Gimme hydraulic failures that actually happen and the ensuing need to actually use MRFCS, Mk82AIRs with realistic ballistic properties, JDAM symbology and functionality that exceeds 5% of the real thing's capability, Mk82 airburst fuzing with fragmentation effect, SADL and TAD functionality that represents its actual capabilities, an external flight planning and attack planning utility that simulates the Mission Data Cartridge of the real jet, and oh... I dunno... chocks. :D

E4A01B5F-12D8-4ACC-9C28-9B6CACAE5752.png_zpsod9xgbbz.jpeg

Err I didn't give him any reputation I was just trying to help him.

As far as I see it, there are three ways you would know the ballistic properties were wrong,

1. You have access to actual weapons data. I think this is unlikely.

2. The values displayed in the HUD are so far out of wack that it's clear there's a problem. They look ok to me.

3. The calculation that he uses doesn't match what's shown in the HUD. I assume this is the problem.

This is why I asked how are you calculating resistance, I've been using air resistance times velocity squared. How are you calculating it?

• Like 1

Err I didn't give him any reputation I was just trying to help him.

As far as I see it, there are three ways you would know the ballistic properties were wrong,

1. You have access to actual weapons data. I think this is unlikely.

2. The values displayed in the HUD are so far out of wack that it's clear there's a problem. They look ok to me.

3. The calculation that he uses doesn't match what's shown in the HUD. I assume this is the problem.

This is why I asked how are you calculating resistance, I've been using air resistance times velocity squared. How are you calculating it?

Don't assume anything it'll only cause you issues. Funk knows people who have access to real world data on the subjects he's posted about and he has very valid points.

Ok I'm sorry if I've said the wrong thing, but could you tell me if I'm close.

Mk82AIR Flight path 0deg, 280kts, 300ft release. 4,78 sec TOF, Range 1501ft, Slant Range 1527ft.

Honestly I wasn't having a go at anybody, I was just trying to help, now I'm trying to learn.

Hi, you can still find some of the ballistic tables from the old -34-1-1 or -34-1-2 manuals although the Combat Weapons Delivery Software has become the only single source for ballistic data since certain years, and those manuals became out of date.

Examples for GBU-12A/B if you're interested to test it in DCS. Only level release data is included:

o23q8.jpg

• Like 1

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

LJQCN101 Fantastic, at first I thought my calculations were wrong. Then I realised this data is MK82 with the fins for LGB. I used Mk82 and these are my results. All the mil results are using an AoA of 1deg, and I'm using the standard day values.

350ktas 3000ft 7993ft 359mils 13.72s: error +190ft, -8mils

150ktas 6000ft 4859ft 890mils 19.39s: error +56ft, -6mils

350ktas 6000ft 11272ft 507mils 19.44s: error +356ft, +5mils

150ktas 15000ft 7663ft 1116mils 30.76s: error +154ft, +10mils

350ktas 15000ft 17770ft 719mils 30.84s: error +812ft, -5mils

It would be fantastic if you had some old info on the Mk82AIR, but thanks very much this is the first time I've been able to test my program with real data.

Edited by AdrianJ
Added error info
  • Like 1