AV-8B Harrier Plus DCS version

Prowler111

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't start....

Yet again we are left with an aircraft carrier with no support and long distance planes..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 weeks later...

harrier update

check these out

http://metal2mesh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30#wrap

file.php?id=59&t=1

file.php?id=60&t=1

file.php?id=61&t=1

file.php?id=63&t=1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

ah, so nothing new?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I wonder if it is going to be possible to operate the Harrier from sections of road? Or have a terrain object we can add to missions to represent steel matting.

Would make for make for some very interesting mission possibilities..

One thing I wish they'd add to the ME is the ability to place aircraft starting positions off airport.

You should be able to put a spawnpoint wherever you want and have a setting for "cold" or "warm" start... or "airborne".

Would help a lot... wish we had it today for helos not just FARPs.

I know this is wrong thread... but you made me think of this wish of mine again!!! :)

Cheers!

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

I wonder if it is going to be possible to operate the Harrier from sections of road? Or have a terrain object we can add to missions to represent steel matting.

Would make for make for some very interesting mission possibilities..

You can land aircraft on the road just watch out for cars and trucks.:thumbup:

ScreenShot_020.jpg

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

One thing I wish they'd add to the ME is the ability to place aircraft starting positions off airport.

You should be able to put a spawnpoint wherever you want and have a setting for "cold" or "warm" start... or "airborne".

I know this is wrong thread... but you made me think of this wish of mine again!!! :)

Cheers!

Or we need 'blank' FARPs that are essentially little more than start points. Basically it would be just a plain flat area, with no landing pad or anything in terms of visible scenery. We could call it an LZ instead of a FARP, but it should behave more or less the same.

This would be good because it would also allow for the ME to track the LZ as an objective that could potentially be captured by enemy forces, as well as function as a good place for AI helicopters to land and take off.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

For Harriers you would want a proper Harrier FARP, you can already spawn KA50s at FARPs so it should not be to difficult for the devs to do the same for a Harrier.:thumbup:

42800771.th.jpg

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

For Harriers you would want a proper Harrier FARP, you can already spawn KA50s at FARPs so it should not be to difficult for the devs to do the same for a Harrier.thumbup.gif

Like I said...

Yes, you can land anywhere (lol), but not what I'm talking about.

Yes, I'm sure that FARPs will support Harriers... not what I'm talking about.

I'm saying... ME should allow me to click on the map anywhere and put a plane (ground start, not airborne) there without having to spawn a FARP (in its current implementation).

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

The FARPs are needed. You can't just land a Harrier anywhere you please. If you land it on soft soil for example, it's not moving out of there.

In addition to this, the FARP is really a collection of aircraft spawn points, and those are needed as well. Even if the FARP itself is invisible, it's needed to help the game make sense of some things.

In theory I guess you could use a 'takeoff from ground' in addition to 'ramp' and 'runway'. I don't know what the programmatic implications of that are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda