DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little bug.... check the shadows, that misaligned ;)

Noticed that too. That makes fell the objects are 'hovering' a bit above the ground...

Anyway, the reflections on the Mi-8 glasses are superb. The controllable FOV settings is a brilliant idea. I'm eager to have it installed on my disk. One of the remaining question is about the framerate... I guess my GTX770OC will have to run at its best.

Thank you Matt and thanks ED for the work. Take your time to bake it well (but not too much ;) )

Is that your expectation or another 5+ years of waiting for the appropriate hardware? :music_whistling:

The GeForce GTX880 is foreseen for the end of the year.

Rumors say: GeForce GTX 880 video card will be powered by a graphics processing unit called GM204. Said graphics processing unit will have 3,200 CUDA cores, 200 TMUs (texture mapping units), 32 ROPs (raster operating units) and a GDDR5 (4Gb) memory interface of 256 bits. NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 880 Maxwell graphics card will likely come to market before the end of the year, but not in the third quarter. Its GPU clocks will be of around 900 MHz / 950 MHz GPU Boost, while the memory will operate at 7.4 GHz.

Again, these numbers are all speculative, in no way confirmed by NVIDIA itself, and they won't be for some more months still. If they do get confirmed, so will the 238 GB/s memory bandwidth and TDP of 230W (thermal design power).

Nevertheless, these are the specs, as the people on the web expect them. They probably aren't accurate, but they're more than was available before now. (Source)

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

So basically this will give us a much needed depth perception when flying formation, and sense of height as well?

No, you'll need stereo vision, such as Oculus Rift, to get that effect.

These screenshots are most impressive because they feature self-shadowing on multiple objects at once, and perhaps dynamic reflections (in the Mi-8 windows). It also looks like there is Ambient Occlusion on the Mi-8, although not on the ground below it.

Is that your expectation or another 5+ years of waiting for the appropriate hardware? :music_whistling:

It's what I have NOW.

I have 2 MSI Lightnings at 2048 Each, and a Dual X 7950 at 1792, running 3 way XFire.

The GeForce GTX880 is foreseen for the end of the year.

Rumors say: GeForce GTX 880 video card will be powered by a graphics processing unit called GM204. Said graphics processing unit will have 3,200 CUDA cores, 200 TMUs (texture mapping units), 32 ROPs (raster operating units) and a GDDR5 (4Gb) memory interface of 256 bits. NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 880 Maxwell graphics card will likely come to market before the end of the year, but not in the third quarter. Its GPU clocks will be of around 900 MHz / 950 MHz GPU Boost, while the memory will operate at 7.4 GHz.

Again, these numbers are all speculative, in no way confirmed by NVIDIA itself, and they won't be for some more months still. If they do get confirmed, so will the 238 GB/s memory bandwidth and TDP of 230W (thermal design power).

Nevertheless, these are the specs, as the people on the web expect them. They probably aren't accurate, but they're more than was available before now. (Source)

R9-390X (Bermuda), DirectX 12

1GHz Bermuda XTX GPU, 4224 GCN 2.0 Stream Processors, 96 ROPs, 264 TMUs, True Audio Enabled.

GDDR5 on a 512-Bit Bus @ 1750 MHz, Uses PCIe xDMA for CrossFireX

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

With off as the default, hopefully.

Lol!, Why? Because it'd take such a big effort to go and turn it off? :)

I'd argue that ED should be actively promoting the visual improvements by defaulting them to 'On', not hiding them away and hoping that people find them.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

It's what I have NOW.

I have 2 MSI Lightnings at 2048 Each, and a Dual X 7950 at 1792, running 3 way XFire.

That means you have 3GB effective.

All the cards store the same data, so while you have 9GB total physical vRAM, each of the cards store the same data.

This is because each GPU can only access the vRAM on their card (or "half" of card in the case of multi-GPU cards), so when the cards are cooperating on making the same scene, they all need the same data.

Your 9GB would be true if you used the cards to drive different displays and different applications - then you'd have 3GB available for DCS, and 3GB each for another two applications.

Note that some games will show total vRAM as the 9GB, but in practice that will not be what is available to the process itself in distinct data.

EDIT: wait, that's a bit wrong actually, most likely you have 2GB effective, since that's the smallest card involved. In general, you get an effective vRAM availability according to the smallest card involved.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

A 2011 thread!!! That's grave excavation, Lara Croft...

Nice find :thumbup:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

NASCAR... bah.

Some fun CA possibilities...

I bet deep down Matt is a Jeff Gordon fan... :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I bet deep down Matt is a Jeff Gordon fan... :D

Im part of Junior Nation .....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

LOL Vegas Motor Speedway..:thumbup:I had Mig 29 skin for my ride in Nascar 4:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

As usual the detail is stunning… leaves one interesting question: Will McCarran airport be modeled? Everything else in the Vegas area looks like it is modeled to the fullest. In some of the older screens there appears to be some larger (767 Type) passenger aircraft parked at Nellis. Does this hint at something bigger? I was filming at Mandalay Bay several months ago, we had a top floor view of the Janet terminal at McCarran and watched them take off and land frequently heading and returning from Area 51. Maybe this has been answered some time ago... Matt?

One more WIP:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2045930&postcount=16

14_15_41.jpg~original

Soo many things to shoot at

================================

Ok yeah, just keep headin West into CA.

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard / Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda T1000DM003 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5” HD / Processor: Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz / Memory: 24 GB Ram / SSD: SAMSUNG 2TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E1T0B/AM / Samsung 42" Curved 4k MonitorControls: X-55 / Warthog / MFG Crosswind / VKB Mk.IV / TrackIR