Dear Belsimtek

=Mac=

I love the Huey. I love the Huey, I love you for letting me love the Huey. You and ED are gods. I can't believe it: even the wind sounds change as I slow to hover.

Yesterday, I was practicing touch and goes on the ships off Sochi. I landed so smoothly but, as I tried to take off, I could feel that the chopper was sticking, every so delicately, to the deck. Because I can feel that extremely tiny effect, I know how intricate this study sim is.

I keep thinking about how one of my co-workers chatters about how "real" that FSX is. Yeah. Right. Let him fly THESE aircraft!

Thank you, so much, Belsimtek, for such great masterpieces.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

i fly fsx for some years now and prepare3D v 2.2

i can ensure you that the flight dynamics of FSX is not even close to what DCS delivers especially with the aircraft that has PFM's

i was talking with a real UH-1H pilot some weeks ago and he said that he was very impressed with this specific project...in fact the only difference that he found was the flight stick that he used,because the real one has a way different feeling..:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Samek,

If you ever fly in Fsx again, may I suggest that you set the filtering to "anisotropic" instead of "bilinear". That way, you will get rid of that blur ground effect.

Just go in the setting menu...display...at the bottom left corner you will have the option. Don't forget to put a check mark in the "anti-aliasing" box.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i fly fsx for some years now and prepare3D v 2.2

i can ensure you that the flight dynamics of FSX is not even close to what DCS delivers especially with the aircraft that has PFM's

i was talking with a real UH-1H pilot some weeks ago and he said that he was very impressed with this specific project...in fact the only difference that he found was the flight stick that he used,because the real one has a way different feeling..:smilewink:

+1 FSX tends to bore me after a short time the flight dynamics are not as good as DCS and although FSX is pretty at high alt it is still hideous at low alt and I have FTX global. I am looking forward to the aerosoft F14 because apparently the flight model has been worked on with feedback from a real F14 pilot but I still don't think it will come up to DCS standards. Shame aerosoft didn't develop it for DCS world. We need to accept FSX is getting on now.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Well said =MAC=.

It is indeed the "golden age" for chopper fans.... right here, right now!

Can it go platinum?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

+1 FSX tends to bore me after a short time the flight dynamics are not as good as DCS and although FSX is pretty at high alt it is still hideous at low alt and I have FTX global. I am looking forward to the aerosoft F14 because apparently the flight model has been worked on with feedback from a real F14 pilot but I still don't think it will come up to DCS standards. Shame aerosoft didn't develop it for DCS world. We need to accept FSX is getting on now.

agree

do not except miracles with the F-14 though even that they have a pilot to help them this engine doesn't allow them more that it can be as concern flight physics..

a good example is A2A p51 and DCS p51 just take them to the air and put them to a spin,you get the point;)

even with the VRS superbug which in my opinion is great simulation and a lo of fun

the fly by wire system is poorly simulated:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Yup... the Huey is a beast. More fun than you can shake a stick at :) I had a whale of time flying the Huey on the Virtual Aerobatics server tonight. I have played shoot'em ups, sim-car racing and fixed wing (P51 & A-10)... but this Huey is just too fantastic for words. Definitely have to up-grade my PC to squeeze every last ounce of fun out of this baby.

Played the Huey this evening for the first time in a long while ( been busy with IL2 BoS)

Just also wanted to pass my compliments to the developers as well. Best flight model of any heli sim ever. Feels complex and real, yet still controllable by a 'gamer' without hundreds of hours experience. Flew the Rescue mission without crashing or losing control. FM has come a long way since the early betas

Congrats again

Huey's my favorite module thus far, it's just a joy to fly. Admittedly, I need to sink my teeth into the Hip more. The kind of love poured into these Belsimtek addons outright demands it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

My wife no longer knows who I am. Is there a Huey anonymous group I can join?

Hi, I'm Neil, and I'm an addict!

Hiiiii Neil.

I find myself listening to briefings in game only to come to the same conclusion: How can I weasel a Huey in here? I don't care if there's a legion of Tunguskas, I'll try it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Huey is about all I fly anymore, just love this sim like it was my first.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

My wife no longer knows who I am. Is there a Huey anonymous group I can join?

Hi, I'm Neil, and I'm an addict!

Well, I need to join that group too!!! Wife thinks I'm a stranger in the house now!!

THANKS Belsimtek for a truly beautiful helicopter for us to fly.

Keep those great updates coming, your hard work is appreciated :thumbup:

Best regards....

The Huey fan club.............

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.