Complete Flight Sim Newbie.

Marko321

Hi

Will there be a detailed tutorial with the module.

As things stand I have never really been a flight sim guy .

I have very little flight time and do not consider my self flight trained

Messed around with SU 25.

I have been looking for a new challenge figured I would give this module a Go as I like the mig21

What's the learning curve going to be like will it be to much for a complete Newbie. And is anybody considering setting up a VU focusing on the mig 21.

There will indeed be a full suite of tutorial missions going through the aircrafts systems and operation in easy to follow steps.

You can also draw upon the detailed manual which contains all the information required to operate the aircraft.

The MiG-21 can be a challenging to fly. To fight effectively is even more challenging, so be prepared to invest some time into getting familiar with the aircraft.

The DCS community is amazing and very helpful, so perhaps you can find someone to fly and share knowledge with. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hear Hear!

And remember: There is no such thing as a dumb question!

(Unless you ask for release dates... The answer to that is simple: When it's ready)

If you know some of the basics, just go online and meet up with people on teamspeak etc.

I know from experience that learning to fly a plane and all its systems is way easier if you have someone next to you to talk you through it.

Also check module specific subforums. There are a lot of tutorials around.

Welcome aboard!

It is customary for all DCS products, to have detailed reading materials on aircraft systems, operating procedures, and combat employment.

If that is not enough, products are usually shipped with training missions and tutorial videos.

If that is not enough, youtube becomes flooded with sim fan videos for tutorials and how-to's.

Finally if all this is absent (which is a 0% possibility), there is online community that is very forgiving and helps.

So you're all good too know an air-tight system exists for products.

Cheers. (Y)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think cobra stated a DVD release will follow delivering backers their DVD and other materials like T-shirts (etc..) to non-backers. Printed manual also will follow same plan.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

and will DVD version be manufactured on factory or just burned at home using DVD-R/RW with printing labels on the same drive . sorry for silly question :)

This is interesting actually, being able to get the contents of the DVD as a download would interest me more than the physical DVD if only to save distribution costs (which I know are not insignificant with international shipping).

Yes on the physical DVD version. It is part of our commitment to reward the backers.

We're still looking into where, how, packaging, etc.

I know the FS community enjoy physical goodies -- so I am spending considerable time planning this out.

Especially a nice printed manual available to order without anything else is important to me.

Incidentally; my father is off on a business trip to a tradeshow in China himself. He has auxiliary tasking of investigating suppliers first hand. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Anyone will obviously be able to print the manual and quickstart-guides etc. themselves. We're just working towards providing a "premium" product for those who want it (and the backers).

Leather or hardcover bound, perhaps with changes in formatting, etc.

@Mgeli: You'll be able to order it from our webshop when we go live. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Sorry but I did not get it , so will DVD version of the game be available for purchase for everyone? or is it only for thous who backed the project ?

Thanks

so for example I backed the project from start on indiegogo, leatherneck will first process my rewards (for example my backing pledge involves a DVD and a T shirt and a manual) so I will get those first then you will get those extras AFTER me because you did not back the project from start. I hope I'm clear this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! I still have the Black Shark, FC2 and A-10C hard copy manuals so this will be another to add to my collection lol

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Do you guys have a design for DVD box cover and disc itself?

vore__the_hungry_mig_1_by_beva_the_mig_21bis-d55q91y.png

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD