FC2 won't play missions

jbvpolo

I recently purchased LockOn Platinum and I installed it today. When I tried to play LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2, I encountered problems. I was able to load up the main menu and access the training missions, where all I can do is watch the prerecorded video. Pressing the "esc" key did not give me control of the aircraft. When I went to try out the first campaign mission, it would take me to the mission briefing, and then the game would stop crash and I'd get an error message on my desktop saying:

Internal error (error code: 0xE2003053). Close all applications and try again.

If this does not help, press "Error report" and send the report to product customer support.

I'm running the game on a brand new Lenovo y510p running Windows 8.1. LockOn Modern Air Combat works perfectly fine, no issues, so I'm just really confused.

If anyone could help me out with troubleshooting this, or if there is any additional information you guys would need, please let me know.

Edited by jbvpolo

It seems that Starforce (I mean, the version used with FC2) is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

A french simmer got the same error, asked and got this reply from lockon.co.uk:

"I get official answer from StarForce: FC2 protection system is incompatible with Win 8.1. we don't know about possible update plans."

As for Starforce, they replied with:

"This application is protected with protection system version which doesn't support Windows 8.1.

You should contact your product customer support service and ask them to make a patch, which will either update protection system version.

Unfortunately, we can't build such a patch on our side since we neither have legal authority to produce any patches nor original application files required for that."

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

Ah.. Its easily solvable by installing the latest Compatibility Update for win 8.1 from Microsoft's website. Happened to me the first time I played. Quick started a mission and got that error in the activation screen. The compatibility update fixes that issue which is caused by StarForce not supporting win 8.1. And I got to activate the game after that and playing (umm..learning:book::joystick:) it now.

Hopefully this will solve your problem (fixed mine:thumbup:)

Best wishes to all the LOMAC FC2 newbies!!!!!!!!!