one install - two activations

stokerel

Hi guys - first of all apologies if this has already been raised but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Here it goes: I've purchased FC3 from the DCS website, got the payment in successfully and received the serial number.

I've started DCS World and it prompted me that I'm entitled to FC3 - so I said OK, download and install it - it did so successfully. Then launched a mission and it went though the activation successfully.

Trouble is that on the next game restart it activated again - therefore consuming two activation for the exact same game installation. Looking on my profile on the DCS World webpage I see two activations with two different Hardware IDs - how can this be?

I had exactly the same issue with the SU-25A module a couple of weeks ago.

I did not have this issue with the Warthog module though - still 1 install - 1 activation.

Did anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks!

• ED Team

Please create ticket in the Tech. Support, be ready to attach some exported registry keys (our people will ask you and inform about export details)

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto the above. FC3, P-51D, UH-1H Huey and A-10C all took double activation hits for me on two different PCs. I posted a trouble ticket as well and will provide whatever information is needed. As I mentioned in my ticket, I noticed that two different hardware IDs are being applied to each PC in the registration history list.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh
  • Like 1

Can confirm this happened to me for all modules

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10