Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

to the quotes in the quote... the FoV has nothing to do with the real life eyes, it is exactly like to (when enlarging the FoV) trying to squish a 10x10 image into a 6x6 frame... this has nothing to do with how near to or how away from your nose the monitor is. The opposite applies when trying to reduce the FoV, but in the opposite direction to enlarging it. (looking into the bottom of a bowl v/s looking at the bottom of a bowl)

Stop misleading people with the real life "what the eye sees" image capture grail to video projection - you need to make this distinction, as it is two very distinct and different beasties.

and show a little patience with the fans... they will ask questions!

@Zaelu...

"misleading", doesn't mean "scamming". this is your wording and your slant and your misunderstanding... much the same as "moving the camera towards the subject" you mentioned is. FoV is about angles, not distances

What is this again? - nipticking and starting a argument without having a single one?

Sorry ! You are wrong and wrong.

If you just want to believe something instead of knowing - well, than go to a church of your liking.

Angels are tied to distances when chaining them to a view-system - When you change angels you also change distances - do you know nothing about trigonometry at all?!

When you looking at a 3 and/or 2 dimensional projection and you don't keep every parameters the same when comparing it with other projections (e.g Your own View) you will have a mismatch/distortion.

This questions are rhetorical - no need to answer them.

Please ! Next-time you want to tell me something again like done before here - check your facts and make your own thoughts if it all makes sense before going with it in public. Maybe also ask a friend you can trust beforehand - This will save you and others a lot of time in the future.

...Did I already told that I'm working on a 'Guide to the DCS View-System' ?!...

Here is one sneak-peak of one of the videos (WIP) That I'm preparing for it - and it should also answer your questions that you might have and it also should stop this useless discussion.

About being Patient: Didn't I answered all questions again and again even the most obvious that are already covered by the readme/firstpost ?! - and you are still not on my ignore-list - isn't this proof enough that I have a lot of patience ?...

(Again: This questions are rhetorical - no need to answer them.)

Back to Topic!

Edited by PeterP

Thanks,

Will add a more clearer un-install instruction - this might happens (your quote in bold) because the newly added snapviews.lua of mine gets active and it is not intended to work with the default view limits.

You also have to delete this file from your savedgames folder and or recreate snapviews for the default view like it is written down in the readme.

But this doesn't explains the 'issues' you have at all .

And What exactly means "I have taken ALL the steps" ?

I checked the mod twice with a fresh 1.2.4 install before uploading the RC2.11 in all modules and with all flavours in each possible cockpit - and it worked always as intended - the current version is now downloaded over 200 times - I would expect more issues-reports like yours if there would be a failure in the files ...

If yo want me to have a closer look I clearly need more detailed info about the exact steps you have made. - so I can exactly reproduce them without the need to guess at all.

Example answer I'm looking for:

I have DCS World version XXXX installed .

And this are the modules I'm using: XXXX, XXXX, ...

It was a clean DCS world installation

or

I have this Mod(s) Installed beforehand/afterwards using your mod : LINKS TO MODS

I did choose flavour > put in a,b,c,d <

Than I had these issue(s) in cockpit XXXX :

Example:

A10C

Front/Back Up/down Left/Right

Info: I'm able to go with my head through the canopy - needs shorter limits.

And I wasn't able to solve it by readjusting and saving a new default cockpit view.

and so on ....

More info = better - I'm not a mentalist or can look over your shoulder.

:)

It must be a pain for you to have to deal with the myriad of questions shot at you, Peter. ;) I am sorry.

But from the follow up posts (especially that of Zaelu) I understand that we might be talking about the same thing, but just don't understand eachother.

The screenshots posted above about having to lean forward to see the complete info in the HUD is what I call 'having an enlarged HUD'.

I seem to understand that this is a normal way of the mod being installed and 'working as intended', however I just don't find it workable, unfortunately.

Again, thanks for the explanation and your mod!:thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

It must be a pain for you to have to deal with the myriad of questions shot at you, Peter. wink.gif I am sorry.

[...]

The screenshots posted above about having to lean forward to see the complete info in the HUD is what I call 'having an enlarged HUD'.

I seem to understand that this is a normal way of the mod being installed and 'working as intended', however I just don't find it workable, unfortunately.

(Now, you get a Idea why it is sometimes such a pain to write a response to some questions at all... : )

Thanks for this response... but you didn't took the time to answer a single question that I directed at you...

Now, instead moving in circles... - please answer only following question(s) :

Did you followed the advices to set-up a new Default-cockpit snapview that suits you better at all ?

And if yes: Did you used all the possibilities? - I mean: also moving back/forward and Up/Down - instead just tilting the view and zooming /in out ?

Quid pro Quo ;)

Edited by PeterP

URGENT!:

Short update about the "HUD to Close" problem that some report .

OK - I nailed the problem down . And It's not my fault! (sort of...)

With the newest updates/"Patch" Version 1.2.4.12547 DCS don't uses the values of the "DefaultSnapViews.lua" , to create a "SnapViews.lua", into your C:\Users\>YOUR USERNAME<\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View folder if it doesn't finds there a file.

So when you have a View.lua file that has "UseDefaultSnapViews = false" instead of 'true' in it (like the one in my mod) - DCS doesn't looks for the default values to recreate this file any more -

DCS just uses 60°FOV and all other parameter at Zero. (

)

This messes up all snap and cockpit views!

-whatever-

Until I have found a workaround or where this entry for the using of the default values is missing:

Step 2 in the instruction is NOT optional any more !

You have to "copy contend in Saved Games to use a preset of snapviews" - do what the folder says/is named

Example path: C:\Users\>YOUR USERNAME<\Saved Games\DCS\

...or save your own snapviews as written in the Readme!

Will reload as fast as I can a new version that has a changed Instruction.

Edited by PeterP

...three hours of my life are gone again...*sigh*

;)

RC 2.21b is UP!

------------------------------------------------

Change-log:

1.2.4-RC 2.11 -> 1.2.4-RC 2.21b

-Changed Install instruction to counteract change of DCS Version 1.2.4.12547

see the bug-report >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1769356#post1769356

-More documentation : "DCS Default Cockpit snap-view saving"(LInk to video) example and "Default Cockpit-View preview.jpg"

-Edited Un-Install Instruction

1.2.4-RC 2 -> 1.2.4-RC 2.11

-Edited Readme

-Changed files so you can use the default Su-33 cockpit

-Added Un-Install instructions

-Changed initial Huey Pilot view when entering the cockpit - higher FOV

1.2.4-RC 1.03 -> 1.2.4-RC 2

-Four different 'flavours' for each possible module combination

-Huey: Reworked Pilot view without tilted sight - gunner views have new limits without gun-collision

-FC3: Su-33 will have the fully 3D Su-27 cockpit. Attention ! The Su-33 cockpit will have no tail-hook and glide-scoop indicator!

1.2.4-RC1 -> 1.2.4-RC 1.03

Some changes to the readme and reducing the initial FOV when entering the the Ka-50

------------------------------------------------

User that where satisfied with RC2.11

(because they probably had already a correct snapviews.lua in the savedgames path before the lates DCS update) and don't have issues with the snap-views saving option

Don't have to reinstall this mod!

The new added video that showcases how to edit and save a new default cockpit snap-view:

(sorry - I had no better Idea how to visualize my key-presses - so I 'tried' to use the OnScrenKeybord - but it works less than adequate -as you can spot-... - please use a real keyboard while you are doing it ;) )

DefaultCockpit-Viewpreview_zps359fa215.jpg

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Hello dear Peter ;)

I would like to thank you for this new version and also for your awesome video, now I can say that I've well understand your explanations :thumbup:

Of course I've used your new Mod and I can say that you are a real artist...

For me in the begining to understand the function of this Mod was not easy but with your explanations and your video I think that I well understand.

Once again a great thanks for all, best regards. Skull :drunk:

Thank you again - I'm happy when you are!

Now try this (Instead posting over and over again how happy you are ) :

look out for this > reputation.gif < button in one of my posts (in the same row where you see my avatar)

Click on it! and make sure that in the pop-up "I approve" is checked!

3. Add some nice words/sentences.

4. When you are done - Press "Add to reputation"

Thanks!

BTW: Check your user-CP and you can see what I wrote to you while adding 86 reputation points to your profile.

(after earning 300points from others you will get +1 )

Now please don't think that this is what I'm after - but its quite nice from time to time to browse through your profile and be able to read from persons you never saw in a thread you have posted, just how happy they where to get some info from you...

I hope you get my point.

Have a look to know what I mean:

rep_zpsbc5a4197.jpg

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 4

(Now, you get a Idea why it is sometimes such a pain to write a response to some questions at all... : )

Thanks for this response... but you didn't took the time to answer a single question that I directed at you...

Now, instead moving in circles... - please answer only following question(s) :

Did you followed the advices to set-up a new Default-cockpit snapview that suits you better at all ?

And if yes: Did you used all the possibilities? - I mean: also moving back/forward and Up/Down - instead just tilting the view and zooming /in out ?

Quid pro Quo ;)

I didn't answer your questions because I have ceased to use your mod, or fiddle with it.

I was merely expressing my thanks. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

to the quotes in the quote... the FoV has nothing to do with the real life eyes, it is exactly like to (when enlarging the FoV) trying to squish a 10x10 image into a 6x6 frame... this has nothing to do with how near to or how away from your nose the monitor is. The opposite applies when trying to reduce the FoV, but in the opposite direction to enlarging it. (looking into the bottom of a bowl v/s looking at the bottom of a bowl)

Sorry ! You are wrong and wrong.

how so?

Angels are tied to distances when chaining them to a view-system - When you change angels you also change distances - do you know nothing about trigonometry at all?!

No, you're misleading there, as the subject does not move further away from or closer to the camera, when changing lens angle and the same is applicable in projecting the image onto a wall (the distance between the wall and projector remain the same)

When you looking at a 3 and/or 2 dimensional projection and you don't keep every parameters the same when comparing it with other projections (e.g Your own View) you will have a mismatch/distortion.

again, you are misleading (off track) here, because you neglect to take into account that a projection, isn't what "the eye sees"... it is what "the camera has captured"

@Zaelu... sorry but your posts have been edited, English doesn't have "neutral", there is more than one dictionary and it is a pig of a language to learn... even though your grasp of syntax is quite good, deceptive still doesn't mean scamming.

My comment to you before was with regard to others do have an interest, even though you might feel they don't.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

@Zaelu... sorry but your posts have been edited, English doesn't have "neutral", there is more than one dictionary and it is a pig of a language to learn... even though your grasp of syntax is quite good, deceptive still doesn't mean scamming.

My comment to you before was with regard to others do have an interest, even though you might feel they don't.

Switching meanings of words as you go is breaking the first principle of logic. First you try to dodge the meanings of your own words when they are said to you, then you try to change meanings of words of others so you can falsify what they are saying... sorry pal... you have to walk this road alone from now.

My last words to you in this debate:

1. I edit my posts but they bare the editing stamp (check pics attached or look on the other page). Also you will never find me saying on these forums that Zooming with FOV is the same as moving forward... As that red quote said it. You trying to imply that I changed my post later with "misleading" intentions is low standard and I don't have to talk with such person like yourself anymore.

2. Neutral is an english word too... it exists... you wrote it. If you are trying to say that I was talking about the "grammatical gender"... you are funny... nice try in breaking Identity Principle. My "neutral" word was meaning something in between good and bad... "neutral". I was not talking grammar genders and they were not having anything to do with the discussion anyway... you got that out of your own stomach. Who do you think you can fool with those schemes? And why? You think you earn something?

lol1.jpg.47be75e5220f3d76397cfc92e22e9e1f.jpg

lol2.jpg.d9b8af4c0e6969a297458dae63081f29.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wolfrider, I'm almost done with my diplomatics but I try to explain it again to you why distances gets very important when mixing up two different projection systems.

(To be honest I really can't hardly believe what I'm doing here - I even had a argument with my wife about it - and she is maybe right. - but the forum rules do forbid me to do what she said.)

So it seems that Videos are not your thing and you prefer to twist words...

So I will now try to explain the relation of distances in form of drawings - and I promise that I will not use any complicated formula's or numbers.

Where do I start ?...... !

Lets have a look again at what you wrote at the beginning:

Originally Posted by Wolf Rider viewpost.gif

to the quotes in the quote... the FoV has nothing to do with the real life eyes, it is exactly like to (when enlarging the FoV) trying to squish a 10x10 image into a 6x6 frame...1 this has nothing to do with how near to or how away from your nose the monitor is. The opposite applies when trying to reduce the FoV, but in the opposite direction to enlarging it. (looking into the bottom of a bowl v/s looking at the bottom of a bowl)2

Stop misleading people with the real life "what the eye sees" image capture grail to video projection - you need to make this distinction, as it is two very distinct and different beasties.3

and show a little patience with the fans... they will ask questions!

No , it has ! FOV is very Important for Real live Eyes and it gets more and more important when you change the size of a projection in front of you.

You will see:

First lets talk about triangles - so we have the same basis of knowledge:

dreieck_zps43d5eb55.jpg

Please make following mind experiment:

Change angle 2 and try to imagine what happens with distance c.

OK- I think you got it , Great!

Now lets move on and put it in relation to your/our problem and name things:

dreieck2_zpsd821b4c8.jpg

This is a schematic 2D abstraction what the Render Camera of the Graphic engine is seeing/projecting on the Monitor/Projection surface 'M' and what your Eye is capturing of it.

Your EYE is nothing more/less than a second pinhole camera in this system .

Lets assume in the above image that the FOV of 'M' in your EYE is The same like that's the one of angle '2' and distance 'c' - because angle '2' and '2b' is the same.

Now lets see what happens when we change the FOV of the Graphic-Engine Pinhole camera:

dreieck3_zps1b9d9519.jpg

You can see that now the "balance" is way off - because 'M' is a static value and doesn't change the size/width dynamical - just like the window of your room (I hope you have windows ?!) - to see more of the world you will have to get closer to them... (... but now I'm distracting a little)

Same applies to Monitors/Projection surfaces but we have to maintain ourself which FOV they show in them.

So we now know that we disturbed the "balance" (linearity of 'a' and 'b' ) by changing the angle '2' and now '2b' isn't matching any more with angle '2'.

So now we have a distorted projection on 'M' - because 'M' is static and can't get wider.

To get the things in balance again we have to change distances so we have angle '2' and '2b' matching again :

dreieck4_zps1638db3d.jpg

So I hope that I didn't "mislead" someone with this explanation and the penny has drooped finally - even on your side.

And they are not "very distinct and different beasties" - both representing just the same case on a different scale.

and now please compare newly learned with this video again:

I hope that's it now , and I have not to repeat myself once again - if you start another go, I will show you the door. and I mean it.

And I hate to repeat my self but I have to do it once again :

BACK TO TOPIC !

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Even I can understand this, only one part I'm unclear about tho. You mind explaining again from here:

No , it has ! FOV is very Important for Real live Eyes and it gets more and more important when you change the size of a projection in front of you.

You will see:

Just kidding mate, have a good weekend!

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

I think many of the discussions and misconception in this thread is due to the language barrier. Please guys, do not take every word literally. And bashing on someone's grammar isn't very nice.

A technical subject like this might prove to be quite hard to explain for non-native english speaking people.

A sidenote:as far as I am concerned the constant mentioning of threatening to cease being friendly is uncalled for. Just explain stuff or don't. But leave the threats home, please.

Fact is that PeterP has devoted quite some time toward making this mod and is going out of his way to explain stuff in-depth. Though his diplomatic writing skill leaves a bit to be desired for. ;) :D

Again, language barrier is the real enemy here.

Edited by Yskonyn
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks! - but I still have a note: Physics, Geometry and mathematics don't have a language barrier - so I'm really puzzled why some try to twist the facts.

Just kidding mate, have a good weekend!

I really have a fantasic weekend! Wife leaves now with our daughter to her sister, so I'm 'home alone' till tomorrow - Its Formel1 and the German champions-league final. and in two houers I will have visit from 5 friends (two stay overnight)and I will switch on the Beamer . - Well, pretty good odds for Monday with a terrible Headache - don't you think?! :)

Now: Back to topic.

Edited by PeterP

Wolfrider, I'm almost done with my diplomatics but I try to explain it again to you why distances gets very important when mixing up two different projection systems.

no one is talking about "two different projection systems", except you... the "talk" was always of one monitor

So I will now try to explain the relation of distances in form of drawings - and I promise that I will not use any complicated formula's or numbers.

Where do I start ?...... !

Lets have a look again at what you wrote at the beginning:

You will see:

First lets talk about triangles - so we have the same basis of knowledge:

dreieck_zps43d5eb55.jpg

Please make following mind experiment:

Change angle 2 and try to imagine what happens with distance c.

1. the only thing which happens if you move your nose closer to, or further away from your monitor, is that the monitor fills more or less of your view... the "angles" don't change and the monitor doesn't get bigger or smaller... it only changes in the amount of sight, it takes up. This something you're not grasping.

2. correct

This is a schematic 2D abstraction what the Render Camera of the Graphic engine is seeing/projecting on the Monitor/Projection surface 'M' and what your Eye is capturing of it.

Your EYE is nothing more/less than a second pinhole camera in this system .

Lets assume in the above image that the FOV of 'M' in your EYE is The same like that's the one of angle '2' and distance 'c' - because angle '2' and '2b' is the same.

Now lets see what happens when we change the FOV of the Graphic-Engine Pinhole camera:

Wrong... the images on the monitor is a series of "photographs" flashed onto it at a given rate

You can see that now the "balance" is way off - because 'M' is a static value and doesn't change the size/width dynamical - just like the window of your room (I hope you have windows ?!) - to see more of the world you will have to get closer to them... (... but now I'm distracting a little)

Unfortunately your monitor isn't a real world window to look out through onto the real world itself

Same applies to Monitors/Projection surfaces but we have to maintain ourself which FOV they show in them.

No, it doesn't apply because the "screen" is a flat two dimensional surface onto which an image is projected... you can't poke your head out through it and look around at the trees outside, like you can in the real world, can you? (and I suggest you don't try, for your safety)

So now we have a distorted projection on 'M' - because 'M' is static and can't get wider.

Yes, the monitor can't get wider, hence the distortion from enlarging or reducing the game FoV... you're on the right track

To get the things in balance again we have to change distances so we have angle '2' and '2b' matching again :

moving the monitor (in the real world) isn't going to change the distorted image

So I hope that I didn't "mislead" someone with this explanation and the penny has drooped finally - even on your side.

And they are not "very distinct and different beasties" - both representing just the same case on a different scale.

Your attempt is way over engineered and still misleading

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

no one is talking about "two different projection systems", except you... the "talk" was always of one monitor

That's the main culprit of your problem , your lack in understanding and imagination prevents you to realise that one view-system are your own eyes and the second is the one of the graphic-engine.

...and both have to be synchronised to get a distortion-less and natural image .

whatever - the rest of your bla-bla isn't worth mentioning at all. Your comments are ridiculous and would normally make me laugh, but the knowing that there is a sad personal tragedy behind it prevents this.

I did more than you can expect to explain it to you - but now it's GAME OVER.

Search some help.

And now stop wasting someone's time and get out of here.

Edited by PeterP

Dunno if anyone asked before, I tried the mod... and it's pretty cool for looking by the sides in/out of cockpit...

Why is the maximum Zoomout FOV so distorting?

(I guess I'll be pointed to read the entire thread after this question... sorry PeterP)

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Dunno if anyone asked before, I tried the mod... and it's pretty cool for looking by the sides in/out of cockpit...

Why is the maximum Zoomout FOV so distorting?

(I guess I'll be pointed to read the entire thread after this question... sorry PeterP)

biggrin.gif

I dunno if this is a joke or not... well, I get maybe old.

Read the Readme !! :

Info how to change min/max FOV aka Zoom and Neck dimension and more :

Open

...\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua

And edit new added lines starting at line #6 - see the annotations for explanation.

QUOTE:

/////////////////////////////// Global View parameters - Start - PeterP ////////////////////////////////

local GlobalEyePoint = {0.16, 0.1, 0.0} -- {front/back , up/down , left/right} <-in meters

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {20,160} -- {min FOV in °, max FOV in °} <- aka Zoom

local GlobalCameraAngleRestriction = {false,130.00,0.90} -- set to 'true' if you want restricted head turning with a stop and activating the 'GlobalCameraAngleLimits'

local GlobalCameraAngleLimits = {150.000000,-70.000000,90.000000} -- {Max turning to back in , max locking down , max looking up} <- in ° , Keep in mind that this depends on your actual FOV - so you have to readjust it to your default FOV setting [NumEnter]

--/////////////////////////////////////// Global View parameters - End - PeterP //////////////////////////////////

Change the red big number to your liking/needs - I set it to 160° by default because this is needed for some Triple Head -Setups (e.g. 16:3) , to be able to have the whole cockpit from top to bottom fitting in your centre screen.

About the stretching :

Start reading about 10 postings back.

Edited by PeterP

PeterP explains that in his movie just a little above in this page:

To overcome the distortion you need to give up on some FOV... reduce it in server.lua and snapviews.lua

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi PeterP

Could you please upload the files to ED's user files(http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/),beacuse the mediafire is blocked in my region.

Thanks

Sorry to hear this - I will upload it to the Userfiles in the next days - I still have not finished to finalize the "Strapped pilot with no compromise" alternative version (That I mentioned at the end of post #1) -

This alternative version uses much shorter movement limits to simulate a strapped in pilot. - and because the axis range is smaller it has the nice side effect that the TrackIR becomes much more precise in many occasions when your Head-Tracker is set up in right way. - because most users are effectively using only a fraction of the axis range for looking around - so you can higher the sensitivity without adding jitter.

Example: The forward/backward axis setting for Track IR is setup to allow you a movement of about 1.5 meters in dcs - but you effectly ony using 0.5 meters of it. So reducing the scale/range and bringing it in sync with the cockpit limits/axis setting can higher the precession by a factor of 3 in some occasions - I hope you get my point.

But this needs additional testing - and testing needs time....;):)

Edited by PeterP

Thanks very much

You have done a good jobthumbup.gif

Thanks! ...but how do you know without testing? ...

:wassat:

To give you the possibility:

I repacked the current Release Candid 2.21b but without the 10mb big "Cockpit_SU-33.edm (see attachment)

So if you want to use the full 3d Su-27 pit in the Su-33 you have to follow this instruction after you installed your flavour :

su33pit_zpsb308cecf.jpg

Edited by PeterP

Thanks very much.

because I used the old version and it worked on my game.

Since I dont fly Su-33 so I will try the attachment which is exclued the su-33edm file:thumbup:

• Like 1

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2