Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

A-10C

Front/Back Up/down Left/Right

Info: positioned high in seat. See only fire control handles up when re centered.Seem to be closer and higher on head rest, but still able to lean extremely close to front panels and joystick.

using beta 0.4

You have to set up a new default cockpit view that suits you better :

If you try , you should really have a look how to customize your own default cockpit view when using this files.

Here is a "HowTo" >>> http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

I already enabled the snap-views saving in the attached default View.lua - so no need for you to do the edit - just posting the link for completeness.

and here is a list of the needed key-commands.

(Yes - I know how hard it is for some of you to look it up your own in the options ...;))

Disable your Track-IR/Head-tracker while doing it !

"Num5 - RShift" Center Camera View

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

"RCtrl+Num0" Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle

Further:

about "still able to lean extremely close to front panels and joystick."

... keep in mind that I have to open the view-limits a little regarding to what is possible in RL , as the folks that create their own quick-snap views for different panels have still the possibility to do so.

So It's always a compromise between a strapped-in position and usability for low-res screens (e.g. single 1920x1080).

I'm also a user that tends to use smaller limits that have no compromise and reflects your movement of a strapped-in pilot. as I use a T-shape setup and have the available resolution to not have to zoom in at all while having everything readable.

... There is a high possibility that I will add a pre-set that has no compromises at a later stage - but first I try to please everyone.

(above is a quote from a post that is just two posts before yours and the info about snap-views saving is in the post where you got the download)

Edited by PeterP

Hi Peter the UH-1H Co-pilot view is a little to forward to use the sights!

Default mod view

attachment.php?attachmentid=80863&stc=1&d=1367789037

Should be

attachment.php?attachmentid=80864&stc=1&d=1367789037

Other than that great work :thumbup:

Screen_130505_231423.thumb.jpg.c13ee721af0eedbe934bdc800865fb1f.jpg

Screen_130505_231444.thumb.jpg.9c1b07d282414f8a48d6c6f31715b380.jpg

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hi PeterP,New question is coming.:-)

Do you know how to limit the view rotation within an angle just like IRL?

With TIR I can rotate the FOV 360 degrees on azimuth or vertical in A-10C or Ka-50, that is unrealistic.

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

you can limit the movement by making in TIR a profile for DCS with no more than 120 degrees movement allowed. At least this is what I did in Freetrack.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi Peter the UH-1H Co-pilot view is a little to forward to use the sights!

Other than that great work :thumbup:

Thanks , will have a look at it.

But don't expect a new beta before next Wednesday.

WTF_zps827070aa.jpg

Seems I'm not able to do really much today when I want to make sure that it will work with the newest patch for 1.2.4 .

Hi PeterP,New question is coming.:-)

Do you know how to limit the view rotation within an angle just like IRL?

With TIR I can rotate the FOV 360 degrees on azimuth or vertical in A-10C or Ka-50, that is unrealistic.

What Zealu wrote ... and editing your TrackIR profile

or Do it directly in DCS - please read my annotation that I have made.

Info how to change min/max FOV aka Zoom and Neck dimension and more :

Open

...\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua

And edit new added lines starting at line #6 - see the annotations for explanation.

--/////////////////////////////////////// Global View parameters - Start - PeterP ////////////////////////////////

local EyePoint_with_proper_Neck = {0.16, 0.1, 0.0} -- {front/back , up/down , left/right} <-in meters

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {20,160} -- {min FOV in °, max FOV in °} <- aka Zoom

local GlobalCameraAngleRestriction = {false,130.00,0.90} -- set to 'true' if you want restricted head turning with stop and activating the 'GlobalCameraAngleLimits'

local GlobalCameraAngleLimits = {150.000000,-70.000000,90.000000} -- {Max turning to back in , max locking down , max looking up} <- in ° , Keep in mind that this depends on your actual FOV - so you have to readjust it to your FOV setting

--/////////////////////////////////////// Global View parameters - End - PeterP //////////////////////////////////

And read post #1 for better understanding what this mod does when you unsure if you want to do the download , or before posting any questions.

Use the attached All planes-modules test.miz for convenient testing.You can start in each aircraft via the briefing menu without having to reload the mission , as they are set-up as client.

Edited by PeterP

...a small update about the UH-1H Views:

(Did I ever mentioned that using simplifications in the design-phase will start to kick your butt when you try to do it 'right' in a later phase...?! things like this will force to rewrite code you thought that it was ready long ago.

It's very similar to building a house - you need a solid basis that gives you the possibility to add a bigger roof in a later stage .)

The Cockpit view limits of the Huey start to drive me nuts - They share all (Pilot/Co-Pilot/Left and Right Gunner) the same limits and snap-view.

These leads to unforeseen problems when trying to set plausible and realistic views.

For example: Having the flexible-sight in a perfect condition leads to a off-set of the Gunner-views - so it will be very inconvenient to aim at all without the red-cross helper.

Whatever you change - you will mess something else up.

@

ED/BELSIMTEK/and any developer that works on modules with multiple Seats :

Please!!

Have a good look to give all seats a own View-set as this simplification we have right now will cause problems when you really want to do it right.

...Or simply tell me/us how to give each position a own independent view.

Or Did I missed something ? - please tell.

This kind of simplification reminds me of this:

Demo for a HUD that works in stereoscopic 3D

...Will still try to work out a compromise but don't have high hopes that it will work well in the end.

EDIT: Moved this question to a own thread in the Belsimtek forum: subscribed.gif How to assign absolute independent Views to each seat ?

So when you want to reply on this matter - please follow the link.

subscribed.gif

Edited by PeterP

OK - last question before releasing a RC (Release Candidate) that goes to the user-files section of the DCS page,

does anyone have issues (excepts the DCS:Huey - this will get some special treatment) ?

if yes: post it now.

Than I can make last changes and give better explanations in the Readme.txt how to handle it.

Edited by PeterP

Little help please PeterP

I have been reading all the posts and digested as much as my pea size brain can handle lol.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I downloaded you files from first post.

You mention to copy files over to config view which I did but then I had 2 lots of view files is this correct or not, as I was unsure I then went back in to config view and deleted the original files and replaced them with yours is this correct.

I think it must me as the view has changed I did have to invert axis for roll via the game options in controls as it appeared that when I rolled my head to the right the in game roll was to the left.

Now I am trying to work out how to get more forward in my seat for the Huey or reduce the FOV a little I just can't find where UH1 is in your mod or am I just not looking in the right place.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Before I answer your question(s) - let me please ask one (OK -I admit - this are two questions in one sentence):

did you also read the dark-red letters in post#1 and followed the instructions and did you read the last posts in this thread ?

Edited by PeterP

Sorry Peter I didn't see those big red letters lol until just before you posted so now I have done the same as before only with the download from your post number 98 is this the right one...

System Spec.

Ok Peter I think I got it worked out now your view lau is much better than the dcs standard and seems far easier to navigate around for a newb like me.

• Like 1

System Spec.

Ok Peter I think I got it worked out now your view lau is much better than the dcs standard and seems far easier to navigate around for a newb like me.

Thank you - that's exactly the answer I wanted to read.

+1 :)

and once again:

OK - last question before releasing a RC (Release Candidate) that goes to the user-files section of the DCS page,

does anyone have issues (excepts the DCS:Huey - this will get some special treatment) ?

Than I can make last changes and give better explanations in the Readme.txt how to handle it.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Peter I have to say you da man I wish all these lau files were written like yours, they make so much more sense to me.

The only niggle I have now is the views in my left and right monitor I have the Samsung MD230x3 setup running on the Nvidia GTX690, so whilst keeping my head steady and just looking left and right with my eyes the image seems slightly stretched any clues Peter as to what I need to adjust or look into.

System Spec.

have a look at this post and some patience - I'm working on a somewhat "complete DCS view guide" that covers also your questions: #92

BTW: I'm asking for annotations like you mentioning since some years :

Annotation in frequently user-changed Files

but it seems that the lobby of the moderators isn't such great or they simply enjoy that the same questions are answered on and on again.

.. I have to admit - sometimes it is just because the user refuses to read a simply read-me that pops up while installing - and I don't want to mention that some even ignore the manual and/or the wiki at all ... ( ... the last is somewhat well hidden in the top -right of this page...)

:)...if you have questions that goes further and don't fit into this topic - please search for a appropriate thread or open a new one.

well, the answers are spread over the whole forum - but a good start would be to examine my signature when you are using multi-monitors and follow the links that you find in the first post of A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users.

and once again:

Edited by PeterP

2 PeterP

found on ru-forum:

If player looking left\right in Uh-1H - all world looks tilted back.

To fix this: in Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts файл mainpanel_init.lua. String #818, vAngle set to '0'.

• Like 1

Всех убью, один останусь!

Thanks! - can you provide a link? - I will try to answer in my awkward English-Russian translation myself :).

It's acknowledged by myself and already 'somewhat' in the works:

How to assign absolute independent Views to each seat ?

and once again:

Edited by PeterP

this is an originale from november

not sure what version it is..

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thank you Mastiff! - I tried to re-enable the separated views for each seat-position in the Huey that seemed to be working before 1.2.4 - I tried everything what I could think of the last couple of hours - but I failed.

whatever - I made a good compromise.

Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck plus 6DOF for Mig-29 , Su-33 and Su-25T for DCS World 1.2.4 RC 1

is up and attached to post #1.

Read the readme!

now I need some grog

Edited by PeterP