Mirage F1

Iberian

As in any other module in DCS, with zoom out, a bit of distortion comes and what you see is not 100% accurate.

F1 cockpit is narrow compared for example with a C-101 Cockpit.

In any case any comment is welcome and can be helpful for us.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137302&stc=1&d=1459077331

zzzavc_00015509F-1BE.thumb.jpg.15fc2d402a88aac08e0285e86e985134.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for reply JuanOscar! Consider posting the screenshots with a more human like view. Ingame I find the 90-95° FOV to be the one that produces less distortion, lets as much of the cockpit to be seen, includes a bit of sky for peripheral view also.

If you don't consider it is ready to be shot from other points of view is OK but if possible you can manually place the camera somewhere around a shoulder of the virtual pilot an take the shot diagonally. It's a "fresh" perspective but natural and includes a lot of details.

As for cockpit being narrow, even if it is... having half of the screen (25% on each side) of blank uninteresting sky is not helping (think of every shot as being part of the marketing). But from the picture I've seen the cockpit looks "normal" just the windshield is a bit more elongated than usually maybe.

Anyway... Bf109 cockpit is clearly narrower and looks different in DCS shots than F1.

example: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/2b7/Cockpit2.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The F1 is looking real good so far!!! But couple of questions..... How manuveurable is this jet compared to one's we have now?? Can it out turn the F 15 or SU 27 in DCS?? Also any idea of a time frame we can expect to see this jet released?

How manuveurable is this jet compared to one's we have now?? Can it out turn the F 15 or SU 27 in DCS??

Not a hope in hell of that, it's just as much of an attacker as a fighter. It was also designed in the 60s when the aerospace industry was feeling the need, the need... for speed. If I had to compare it kinematically to another jet in DCS it would probably be the MiG-21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not a hope in hell of that, it's just as much of an attacker as a fighter. It was also designed in the 60s when the aerospace industry was feeling the need, the need... for speed. If I had to compare it kinematically to another jet in DCS it would probably be the MiG-21.

Well its more maneuverable then the Mig-21 =P.

The mig-21 was comparable with the Mirage III.

and the F1 is significantly more maneuverable then the Mirage III.

But yea the F1 is not super maneuverable aircraft when it comes to dogfighting.

And when fighting a F-15 or Su-27 you would have to use tactics as you cant outperform them in vertical or horizontal maneuvering.

The Closest soviet counterpart to the F1 would be a Mig-23ML or MLD.

(though they are not flyable in dcs yet).

Its not unmaneuverable but in a prolonged fight with a Su-27,F-15,Mig-29 or F-16 it would suffer due to a lower Thrust/weight ratio.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Thanks for reply JuanOscar! Consider posting the screenshots with a more human like view. Ingame I find the 90-95° FOV to be the one that produces less distortion, lets as much of the cockpit to be seen, includes a bit of sky for peripheral view also.

If you don't consider it is ready to be shot from other points of view is OK but if possible you can manually place the camera somewhere around a shoulder of the virtual pilot an take the shot diagonally. It's a "fresh" perspective but natural and includes a lot of details.

As for cockpit being narrow, even if it is... having half of the screen (25% on each side) of blank uninteresting sky is not helping (think of every shot as being part of the marketing). But from the picture I've seen the cockpit looks "normal" just the windshield is a bit more elongated than usually maybe.

Anyway... Bf109 cockpit is clearly narrower and looks different in DCS shots than F1.

example: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/2b7/Cockpit2.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

fully agree!

The 3d geometry of the cockpit model is probably right, it's obviously a problem of the choosen view.

To say the truth, I've never understood people showing their creations or making screenshots with unnatural focal settings making for instance the aircrafts looking like flying bananas.

The 3d geometry of the cockpit model is probably right, it's obviously a problem of the choosen view.

To say the truth, I've never understood people showing their creations or making screenshots with unnatural focal settings making for instance the aircrafts looking like flying bananas.

Calm down a bit, please! The view is a bit odd but common, it's just a zoom out distortion... This way we can see a lot of thing in this cockpit. And it's a new aircraft coming to DCS so stop complaining.

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

For me any eye candy is well appreciated. It is wip and I do not care about the FOV yet, please send us more!! :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How is progress going with this module? Some new photos or some news would be welcome... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

???

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Aviodev rebuild from the scrach the Mirage F-1 3D model.

13247914_878333928961744_3778487142027090565_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Aviodev/?fref=photo

After release the last picture of our F1EE, we realized we were not happy with the 3D model.That model was started years ago and had some problems from the beginning, making to reverse the situation very complicated. So we take a long breath and we decided to throw the model to the bin, and start from the scratch. That means a lot of hours wasted, but C-101 and Mirage F1 are very special aircrafts for us and we just didn't wanted to continue a way where we won't feel comfortable. So the modeller has been working hard the last weeks starting with new F1EE and F1BE.

Now we can say with no doubt, it's the best decision we could be take. Still very WIP but a big step forward.

---------------------------------------

Después de publicar la última imagen del F1EE, nos dimos cuenta de que no estábamos contentos con el modelo 3D. El modelo fue empezado hace años, y tenía problemas de nacimiento que hacía muy complicado el revertir la situación. Así que respiramos hondo y decidimos tirar el modelo a la papelera, y comenzar desde cero. Esto significa muchas horas perdidas, pero el C-101 y Mirage F1 son aviones muy especiales para nosotros y simplemente no queríamos continuar un camino en el que no nos hubiéramos sentido cómodos. Así que el modelador ha estado trabajando duro estas últimas semanas empezando un nuevo F1EE y F1BE.

Ahora podemos decir sin lugar a duda que es la mejor decisión que podíamos haber tomado. Todavía falta camino y horas para terminar el modelo, pero es un gran paso adelante para nosotros.