v124.12547 Combined Arms Problems

I need to report new issues with Combined Arms after installing v124.12547.

I run the Hollo Pointe server and have developed some new missions that take advantage of the Combined Arms features. The missions that have repeatable problems are Zesti Highway and Streets Of Kutaisi.

After applying the new patch to both server and separate client, I was not able to use the CA features in these missions. I could not set a path for ground units anymore, and AI with programmed waypoints did not follow the paths - in fact, vehicles like BTRs were flying through the air and AI A-10Cs were burrowing under the ground.

I took many steps to try to resolve the problems, including completely wiping out the install on the server - uninstall and deleted the DCS folders in Program Files and under the User Dir. I did a download of the DCS World torrent, installed that and then ran the updater.

Last night several of us joined Hollo Pointe and I went right for a Red CA GC slot, only to have the same issues, while others were flying A-10Cs and some were in helicopters - we had 5 or so Clients in the mission.

When I joined as a Red GC, the Client pilots were reporting the AI A-10Cs burrowing under the ground, and I could not, once again, control any ground units, and the preprogrammed units were floating over the map in F10 View - same issues as before.

Also same as before, the system responded very slow to my selection of other slots and attempts to go back to Spectators. Repeatably, after I exit the Client, and check the server through Teamviewer, the server DCS will throw a Stop Working message.

On the server I exited from DCS (Stopped Working message) and restarted the DCS Multiplayer and the Zesti mission, and a few others Joined with me. But this time I Joined into an A-10C Air Start slot - and everything was fine! We were all able to fly the mission and all the ground units behaved properly. No one Joined into a CA slot, and we flew for a couple of hours w/o incident.

If an ED Tester wants to contact me, I'll be around this long weekend, with Monday off work. You can also try joining Hollo Pointe as a CA -- but that might down the server. I'll be home from work in about 6 hours...

One thing different about these missions that I did not have before the v124.12547 patch - I am using Mist to detect ground units in zones, with a Continuous Action trigger event in some of these events.

Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I have had a chance to test my approach to MIST unit_in_zones functions -

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1770249#post1770249

I found out that in the simple test mission, when I used Continuous Action events that the test mission's frame rates were severely impacted.

I suspect that the problems I was having in CA ^^^ were due to these Continuous Action events. I will change the missions to use what works in the test mission and follow up here with the results.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Hey Good News -

Looks like it was the Continuous Action events to use the MIST units_in_zones function that caused the problems reported above.

Streets Of Kutaisi is up on the Hollo Pointe server after making the event type changes. I was able to get into vehicles and set paths for groups, and the AI a/c bahaved properly.

Yea!

WC