DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the wait will compensate. Congratulations to the whole team.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

I am definitely looking forward to those clouds.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As it looks like the other thread responding to Matts post was removed because of some semi-negative post I will chime here once again...

Very very nice post Matt!! As tomorrow is my birthday this is a wonderful present. NTTR looks great as a pre-alpha. I'm sure the community, when it's publicly released, will be floored. 2015 promises to be another awesome year for the community. Thanks to you and the talented ED staff for what you have done so far and will do as we go forward.

Happy New Years to everyone!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I agree..its easy to get carried away....we almost always loose sight of the achievements and focus on the faults. Thank you ED/wags for providing us with a sneak peek at NTTR and 2.0. Thanks for making the video longer than 2 min. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

the ground! when the A-10 was taxiing - superb!

Agreed. I was thinking how awesome landing is going to look.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wonderful video, thanks ED for this nice New Year's present! Love these clouds.

And seeing how well the NTTR map already runs and looks, makes me more optimistic that DCSW 2 release is really not far away. Only a little bit of criticism if I may: That lens flare effect we see several times during the video will surely look great in external view, but has no place in cockpit! The cockpit view is supposed to simulate what you see with your eyes as a pilot, so no camera artifacts please!

However, I'm pretty sure guys at ED are well aware of it, and it's just some leftover related to WIP state of the engine or something. Thanks once again, keep up the good work and DCSW 2 will be great! :thumbup:

Oh and Happy New Year to everyone!

A great gift, thank you ED.

That map looks beatiful, rally beatiful.

Looking foward to fly my aircrft over that map.

And for those who think that this map will be less enjoyable than a regular combat map, just imagine flying the MIG-21 over there, or the incoming Hornet, just the best virtual flight experience ever....

Wonderful video, thanks ED for this nice New Year's present! Love these clouds.

And seeing how well the NTTR map already runs and looks, makes me more optimistic that DCSW 2 release is really not far away. Only a little bit of criticism if I may: That lens flare effect we see several times during the video will surely look great in external view, but has no place in cockpit! The cockpit view is supposed to simulate what you see with your eyes as a pilot, so no camera artifacts please!

However, I'm pretty sure guys at ED are well aware of it, and it's just some leftover related to WIP state of the engine or something. Thanks once again, keep up the good work and DCSW 2 will be great! :thumbup:

Oh and Happy New Year to everyone!

.? Lens flare guess I didn't notice was to focused looking at the terrain!

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

No more tiles!

happy new years to ED and everyone here at the forums.

thank you wags for sharing the NTTR video clip and with lots of aspiration! (and anticipation)

about DCS world 2.0

the clouds look so amazing..

but best of all, the prospect of fully populated trees, and no more tiles on the ground!!!

2015 is going to b a good year!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179