The Enemy Within as official DLC

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance that you make the missions/campaign co-op as well?

I think that is something missing from all of the campaigns, the ability for 2-4 folks running together.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Makes sense - you wouldn't be able to sell it anymore, when a version comes out that breaks your missions. Some mission makers stated every new version breaks something. :smilewink:

Chris from Mudspike played the first three missions under DCS 2.0 and all worked very well, I doubt there will be any mission breakers. What I meant that there will be new features like new ATC atc. that would be for benefit for the campaign. As for September - I don't know the release date of 2.0, but judging from the to-do list for the new version I guess it will take a bit more time.

@ revelation - check two or three posts back regarding the coop.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

What I plan to do is to release those missions which would be fun to play in coop mode together with the campaign. Not all, however, would be fit for that - for instance M1 won't be much of a fun, and some others are quite scripted and not very good for MP or are meant to be played with one player only. However, I reckon quite a few missions could be made available in MP mode together with the DLC.

Oh, I forgot that true MP campaigns aren't possible in the DCS environment (maybe that will change in the future) :(

But releasing single campaign missions adjusted for coop as part of the DLC (as many as possible pls) would be a nice workaround :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will do, they will be part of the package!

Thank you so much!! Can't wait to try this with my buddies :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Two little bugs I found in Odessa File.

1)The Migs were chasing me without me violating the border

2)The AIM-9 in the default loadout is the training one.... :D :D

Thanks For these, I will double check weapon loadouts for all the missions (and change some).

as for the Migs:

In Odessa File they are in aggressive mode as they are ordered to defend the boat, it is not related to the borders. But I agree that this is not clear, so I might add an explanation by Overlord about the situation. It was quite difficult to program their behaviour and I will try to tweak it further.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I thought I will mention two things here - a development update and a request.

First the update - the EW is going through an extensive overhaul: 3 totally new missions, additional tasks in two others, more then 165 new voiceovers, more than 80 pages of FRAGOs (fragmentary orders for briefings) and around 40 maps & recon photos plus many, many other changes. I must say I am pretty excited with how the campaign begins to look & can't wait to share it!

And now the request - I am looking for someone adept in graphic who could help me develop the cover for the campaign. Please PM me if you're interested!

First the update - the EW is going through an extensive overhaul: 3 totally new missions, additional tasks in two others, more then 165 new voiceovers, more than 80 pages of FRAGOs (fragmentary orders for briefings) and around 40 maps & recon photos plus many, many other changes. I must say I am pretty excited with how the campaign begins to look & can't wait to share it!

Being a fan of the original campaign and having beta-tested the first big overhaul and now beta-testing the DLC version, I am equally excited to see the whole thing completed. The new briefings and FRAGOs are just amazing, the old missions are at least as good as they were before and the one new mission I've tested so far is awesome as well. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the release. Also hope that Bunyap tackles it and reports on his YouTube channel.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Thank you so much!! Can't wait to try this with my buddies :thumbup:

Just bear in mind that many missions will be best played by 2 people, otherwise it will be too easy. However, I will look into tweaking the MP versions a bit so they will be fun to play with four people.

Two little bugs I found in Odessa File.

1)The Migs were chasing me without me violating the border

2)The AIM-9 in the default loadout is the training one.... :D :D

Fixed, the MiG threat is now resolved in a more interesting way :)

That would be cool! :thumbup:

In the mean time...

Yeah, Russian luxury yachts can be really deadly :music_whistling:

i havent played, any DLCs.. will this be cooperative? i would love to have cooperative play missions, i plan to setup two sim chairs with the future oculus rift. it was awesome playing coop in vehciles in battlefield 3, it would be great to have amazing and well thought out coop experiences even if it is in the form of DLC

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i havent played, any DLCs.. will this be cooperative? i would love to have cooperative play missions, i plan to setup two sim chairs with the future oculus rift. it was awesome playing coop in vehciles in battlefield 3, it would be great to have amazing and well thought out coop experiences even if it is in the form of DLC

The campaign has been designed for single player and the whole thing (all 21 missions) will be available only in this mode. However, there will be a number of missions redesigned for 2-4 players released with the campaign. It is difficult to tell how many MP missions will make it in the initial release - I'll choose the ones which IMHO will be most fun to play.

The campaign has been designed for single player and the whole thing (all 21 missions) will be available only in this mode. However, there will be a number of missions redesigned for 2-4 players released with the campaign. It is difficult to tell how many MP missions will make it in the initial release - I'll choose the ones which IMHO will be most fun to play.

thank you baltic dragon for reply!

i look forward to any cooperative missions that you end up designing!!!!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Hey,

good news, i was planning on playing this campaign once 1.5 would have been released. I'm glad i can repay you now for your effort.

Now lets just hope mbot does an update on his initally released campaings and rereleases them also .)

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thanks to your signature baltic_dragon, this looks exactly what I need to really delve in DCSW's A-10C module. I have an unstable connection so Multiplayer isn't an option, so I've been looking for a high quality campaign to play as soon as I finish my training.

Just a couple of quick questions:

- How much will it be?

- Will it be sold through Steam?

Thanks!

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thanks to your signature baltic_dragon, this looks exactly what I need to really delve in DCSW's A-10C module. I have an unstable connection so Multiplayer isn't an option, so I've been looking for a high quality campaign to play as soon as I finish my training.

Just a couple of quick questions:

- How much will it be?

- Will it be sold through Steam?

Thanks!

Hey! I hope you will like it, I tried to make the campaign as realistic (but fun at the same time) as possible :)

As to your questions:

1. Price: probably the same as Su-27, meaning 9.99 USD

2. Steam: yes, if all goes well it will be available on Steam.

Cheers,

BD

Excellent!!!! Can't wait to see the cover.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]